self-destructing hammerheads....

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

X_Boba
x3tc

self-destructing hammerheads....

Post by X_Boba » Fri, 22. Dec 06, 12:31

hm, something interesting happened a few mins ago

i was fighting a bunch of pirates and got my hands on 2 hammerhead missiles (Unknown object)

but after a while, (after i undocked from a pirate base), i got the following warning: "Alert, anomaly detected in cargo bay" (or something similar to that) and a few seconds later one of the hammerheads exploded, leaving my ship heavilly damaged (Falcon M3)
then the ship did a diagnostic check (which resulted in me hearing a lot of "xxxx damaged")

have any of you guys experienced this before?

Uzi77
x4

Post by Uzi77 » Fri, 22. Dec 06, 12:45

Never heard of that,
X_Boba wrote:(after i undocked from a pirate base)
but I suppose thats what happens when you let heavy handed pirates play around your extremely volatile warheads :wink:

James Manson
x3

Post by James Manson » Fri, 22. Dec 06, 12:47

If you had checked the BBS, there would probably have been a message from a pirate offering to protect your ship for a sum of money. If you didn't pay him, I think he plants something in your ship which damages a few items of cargo. Same happened to me.

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Fri, 22. Dec 06, 13:10

I thought the bomb was planted if the BBS message was there even if you didn't read it.
Pirates life just got more exciting

X_Boba
x3tc

Post by X_Boba » Fri, 22. Dec 06, 13:34

actually, i did see that BBS message... :o

so it was that bomb..not the hammerhead...

thx guys ^_^

i thought it was the hammerhead cuz the first thing i noticed was that one of my hammerheads was gone :( oh well

fud
x3

Post by fud » Fri, 22. Dec 06, 14:21

Geggo wrote:I thought the bomb was planted if the BBS message was there even if you didn't read it.
Pirates life just got more exciting

I've only docked at a pirate base once. I saw that message, but didn't reply to it either way, I just undocked.

I didn't get a bomb. But, I've only docked at one once. :)

philip_hughes
x3tc

Post by philip_hughes » Fri, 22. Dec 06, 14:52

Theres another thread about this somewhere.. A lot of people going "I blow up all the time", "I dont".. you get the idea

I think its luck of the draw. As for me.. I had a bomb explode, now I just pay the guy.
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Fri, 22. Dec 06, 15:23

I don't have to worry about it. All pirate bases seem to be pissed off at me. :)

KipperTheFish
x3tc

Post by KipperTheFish » Fri, 22. Dec 06, 17:39

Pirate bases have nothing of value.
You don't get bombed if you don't go!!
Pushing up the anti, I know you're gonna see me, Read 'em and weep, The deadman's hand again.

TheBypasser
x3

Post by TheBypasser » Fri, 22. Dec 06, 17:55

fud wrote:I don't have to worry about it. All pirate bases seem to be pissed off at me. :)
they aren't pissed off at meh, but there's a slight complication - I am pissed of at them! :twisted: And each time it gets over the edge (like them shooting down my captured ship etc) I either make "some" mess in their alley or call in the Python and blow up a random pirate base.. An eye for an eye! :twisted:
Attach the nails and electrodes!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 22. Dec 06, 18:21

X_Boba wrote:actually, i did see that BBS message... :o

so it was that bomb..not the hammerhead...

thx guys ^_^

i thought it was the hammerhead cuz the first thing i noticed was that one of my hammerheads was gone :( oh well
If it was the Hammerhead exploding, I think you would have lost a bit more than some hull and internal components). :P GAME OVER! :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”