Can a ship like Starburst be bought anywhere?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

tomaeduardvictor
xr

Can a ship like Starburst be bought anywhere?

Post by tomaeduardvictor » Fri, 22. Dec 06, 22:47

Ok, i found a racing Starburst ship above the "Freedom's reach" only gate...

So now, i don't want to sell the ship because i want to use it to map sectors beyond the xenon and khaak sectors (because otherwise it would be impossible, given the max speed of my other ships)

This Starburst has a max speed of 1104 m/s....

In case i accidentaly lose this ship to pirates or to the already famous gerbil, can i buy a racing ship as fast as that at a Shipyard, or is it unique?

Corbzy

Post by Corbzy » Fri, 22. Dec 06, 22:49

it is unique

you could however RE at your HQ if you have it
Its a rock man...too technical

bolmy
x3

Post by bolmy » Fri, 22. Dec 06, 22:49

I feel another cough coming along....

*coughplayerHQ,reverseengineeritcough*
Needs to find something to do with himself until a suitable laptop is thrown his way.

tomaeduardvictor
xr

Post by tomaeduardvictor » Fri, 22. Dec 06, 22:54

Ok, i understood the reverse engineering part from the second post*cough*

So let me get it straight...

If i lose my ship now, i will not be able to make another unless i have an HQ, right?

If that's the bargain, then I REALLY have to take care of the Starburst, 'cause an HQ for me right now would be like buying America in real life... (i only have about 600.000 cr left in my account...)

Any suggestions?

bolmy
x3

Post by bolmy » Fri, 22. Dec 06, 22:57

You dont buy it I dont think, its given to you after the Bala Gi missions iirc.
And, yes, take care of it...then RE it(make sure to take off all the extensions on it first as you lose the ship and everything aboard when you RE)the all you have to do is supply the resources and you can build as many as you want.
Needs to find something to do with himself until a suitable laptop is thrown his way.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 22. Dec 06, 23:33

bolmy wrote:You dont buy it I dont think, its given to you after the Bala Gi missions iirc.
You need approximately 30 million credits' worth of materials to build the HQ, so although it is technically "given" to you, it's still not something you can consider owning unless you have a LOT of resources.

tomaeduardvictor
xr

Post by tomaeduardvictor » Sat, 23. Dec 06, 10:35

Holy $^&% 30 mill cr :o

WarmMachineME
x3tc

Post by WarmMachineME » Sat, 23. Dec 06, 10:40

Yes, I know that sounds like a lot, but trust me, after you've built a factory or two, hired some UTs and sent them on their merry way, 30 million won't seem so bad.

Especially since noone's evidently told you about Avarice...
:twisted:

tomaeduardvictor
xr

Post by tomaeduardvictor » Sat, 23. Dec 06, 11:07

I've heard stories about Avarice, holy #&$%, that's like buying the whole planet in real life 4 me... :lol:

bolmy
x3

Post by bolmy » Sat, 23. Dec 06, 11:50

pjknibbs wrote:
bolmy wrote:You dont buy it I dont think, its given to you after the Bala Gi missions iirc.
You need approximately 30 million credits' worth of materials to build the HQ, so although it is technically "given" to you, it's still not something you can consider owning unless you have a LOT of resources.
oops....well, now I know.(you must remember I dont play X3, because of a crappy PC, all the info I pass on has been found here)

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Sat, 23. Dec 06, 12:03

pjknibbs wrote:
Hmm, didn't know that, I think I've started the mission way too early. Time to get a couple more Nividium miners I think...
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Martin Logan
x3

Too fast

Post by Martin Logan » Mon, 25. Dec 06, 18:51

When i had the starburst i kept bumping into stuf and went boom all the time :D
i sold it because im much more intrested in combat then racing :lol:

starjumper
x4

hope this helps

Post by starjumper » Mon, 25. Dec 06, 23:51

If you do the Bal gi mission you will find a bunch of ships you can capture, including an arrow, very fast like the one you have.

The mission for the Bal gi is an easy one, and should not be a problem.
Take extra ships with you to protect you, and there are some surprizes when you get to the ships.

Nice M7 ship to be found there

Good luck Starjumper

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”