Concussion Impulse Generator... Where can one find/ buy it?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Akula87

Concussion Impulse Generator... Where can one find/ buy it?

Post by Akula87 » Sat, 23. Dec 06, 03:50

They look like sweet weapons and have excellent range and firepower from what I have seen with pirate Nova's using them on me... But where can I find/buy one!??!? I have looked at over 75 sectors to no avail.... and to compound the problem when you claim a cap-ed ship everything, including the installed weapons are gone... Is it something to be found in pirate bases? Or in Argon/ Boron space?

zergfest90
x3tc

Post by zergfest90 » Sat, 23. Dec 06, 04:01

You cannot buy them. You must either find them in random places in the universe. Or, they may be dropped when you kill/cap a ship that has them.

Or, you can script them in quite easily if you *really* want them. :-)

Akula87

Post by Akula87 » Sat, 23. Dec 06, 04:09

How do you use the script? I have never figured that one out... lol... And another question... I am running the game on my laptop and I don't have a numpad... so alot of the command features don't work. My biggest problem though is figuring out the "move to position" command- it says to place cursor over destination/target or w/e- what does that mean?! Is there a way I can type the co-ords in? Or what?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 23. Dec 06, 09:11

You almost certainly DO have a numeric pad on your laptop, it's just integrated with the main keyboard. On mine I access it by holding FN and hitting appropriately-labelled keys on the right-hand side of the keyboard, although I'll admit I can't run X on my laptop so I've never tried this to see if it works!

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Sat, 23. Dec 06, 09:37

I use a laptop sized keyboard on my PC and it doesn't have a keypad LOL. It doesn't even have a FN which is usual for these keyboards but that's why I bought this, cuz I'm more used to the bottom-left most key being CTRL.

What I did was to remap up down left right to = ' [ ]. Then for the rotates I applied shift to the 4 new keys.

Akula87

Post by Akula87 » Sat, 23. Dec 06, 10:03

Thanks for all the replies! I have ANOTHER question.... I have just shy of 4 million credits and a small fleet consisting of a Buzzard Vanguard (trading), Mercury Super Freighter (Trading) and my Nova I pulled out of the unknown sector (I think the Mamba Raider is far better btw). My real question is I need to start acquiring some REAL credits so I can get my Hydra or Centaur and I was thinking I building a factory to start out with. Which one do you reccomend and where? Also, how do I set up a trading system that automatically brings all the raw materials to the factory and subsequently sells the products AUTOMATICALLY- so I can leave it do its thing?

Akula87

Post by Akula87 » Sat, 23. Dec 06, 10:04

of* not I*****

WarmMachineME
x3tc

Post by WarmMachineME » Sat, 23. Dec 06, 11:12

There should be an edit button over your posts if you find you need to make corrections. :)
My real question is I need to start acquiring some REAL credits
My suggestion would be to set up your first UT. You've got about the right amount of credits for a nice fat super freighter. A lot of folks like the
Spoiler
Show
Demeter Super Freighter from the shipyard in Trinity Sanctum.
Then you fit it with Fight Command Software Mk1 & Mk2, a jumpdrive, and Trade Command Software Mk3. Then you can start it Sector Trading until it's level is high enough to turn it into a Universal Trader. There are more in-depth guides in the sticky toward the top of the forum, if you need.

Universal Traders tend to bring in a larger, steadier income per hour than most factories, and once they reach a high enough level, you can almost forget all about them, since they're usually pretty good at getting out of trouble by themselves at that point if they're attacked.
I was thinking I building a factory to start out with. Which one do you reccomend and where?
If your heart is set on building a factory, a lot of people might say to start with a Space Fuel Distillery or a space weed factory (can't remember exactly what these are called). These can be put just about anywhere, and if you set your selling price to -1 credit below average, should be sold out most of the time. The bad part is for these to be the most effective, they need to be in a self-sufficient complex, and 4 million credits just won't do it.

Another option is a Solar Power Plant, since everything everywhere in the universe needs power. Also, a mine on a nice, juicy asteriod producing ore or silicon isn't a bad place to start. Silicon sells for quite a bit, and is usually in demand. A silicon mine today can also serve as the starting point for a complex that produces something else later.

With any factory, just be prepared to wait a little while before you really start to see returns.
Also, how do I set up a trading system that automatically brings all the raw materials to the factory and subsequently sells the products AUTOMATICALLY- so I can leave it do its thing?
The bonus pack has plugins such as the Station Manager and Commodity Logistics Software, and these can be very useful, but take a bit of time to learn to use. The simplest method would be "Buy ware for best..." and "Sell ware for best..."

For example, let's say you built a silicon mine. Once built, you'd transfer enough credits over to the mine for it to buy energy cells with, at least a couple hundred thousand. Also, in the station parameters set a (low) buying price for energy cells, and a (high) selling price for silicon wafers, and the maximum number of jumps your ships should take to buy/sell. I wouldn't set any higher than 2 or 3.

Then you'd get 2 freighters and assign the mine as their homebase. Go into the trade menu for one and set "Buy ware at best price...Energy cells" and in the other "Sell ware for best price...Silicon wafers." And you're all done. As long as nothing comes along and destroys those ships, one will supply your mine with energy, and the other will haul away silicon wafers to sell.

Oh, and don't forget to go into "additional commands" for the station and set a maximum number of credits that the station should begin auto-transferring back to you. Otherwise the factory will just keep the credits it makes.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”