UFO is uncapturable-screenshots -56k steer clear!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ManiacDC
x3

UFO is uncapturable-screenshots -56k steer clear!

Post by ManiacDC » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 04:12

Well I was flying along... leaving an unknown sector... when I notice a goner Icon zipping towards my ship. I then realize it is a UFO and that it is flying towards... a guess what! an unknown sector... an unknown object and an unknown sector... hmm
Anyway i was in my paranid Nemesis and I had a Split Dragon following me but I realized that neither of them could go the 450 m/s of a UFO... then I remember i had my 490 m/s Disco with me... i quickly exchanged ships... and followed it... It only went into the unknown sector and turned around tho...
anyway... here are some pics... and proof that a ufo is uncapturable.
I was using a disco with 2 gamma ire's.

top view:
[ external image ]
another top view:
[ external image ]
side/bottom view:
[ external image ]
almost no hull:
[ external image ]
about 3 shots til death:
[ external image ]
one shot til death:
[ external image ]

wow... it can speak... maybe only at death tho...:
[ external image ]

shadowmage
x2

Post by shadowmage » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 04:31

Danger Will Robinson.

That is the spaceship from lost in space :lol:

ManiacDC
x3

Post by ManiacDC » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 04:35

not quite... lol... although... this place is rumoured to be near Alpha Centauri...
[ external image ]

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 06:29

Notice you have the tenth race now on your friend/foe options?...

ManiacDC
x3

Post by ManiacDC » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 06:32

haven't looked...

vinculum
x2

Post by vinculum » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 07:59

That looks like an Adamski UFO from the 60s famous Ufologist who studied UFOs and tried to get the Military to have full disclosure. Alas the Government still has us fully in the dark :evil:

Kamenjar
x3tc

Post by Kamenjar » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 08:03

Shoulda used a strafe drive to catch up with it on a better ship. I almost use it more than SETA on my slow Teladi M3 (my favorite). I hope you used salvage insurance to try again ;)

I guess I should stick around
Spoiler
Show
the two connected Unknown sectors
and btw it is UIO :P

ManiacDC
x3

Post by ManiacDC » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 08:08

Kamenjar wrote:Shoulda used a strafe drive to catch up with it on a better ship. I almost use it more than SETA on my slow Teladi M3 (my favorite). I hope you used salvage insurance to try again :P
apparently you did not get the point of my thread

you have a better chance of capturing with weaker weapons because as the hull gets lower, the pilot is more likely to bail. I did not save it after destroying the UFO. I took him down to as low as you can go without using Alpha IRE's. I was using Gamma IRE's. If he could have been captured, he would have been. Oh, and UFO's do not have shields in X2; unlike X-T

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 15:04

Can I just point you in the direction of http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16058 for the future please, nice though these pics are.

You can always make a thumbnail instead....

Thanks!
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

Kamenjar
x3tc

Post by Kamenjar » Wed, 17. Dec 03, 19:08

sorry.. I could not see the hull state on the last shot... But why would you say that it can't be captured? If you tried it 10 times and always failed I could understand that. Maybe I am just a little 'slow' :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”