Avarice panic (Need 550Million ASAP!!)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Fresshness

Avarice panic (Need 550Million ASAP!!)

Post by Fresshness » Sun, 31. Dec 06, 16:40

I have 3 UT's (level 25) trading around in the Universe, with 2 more ST's making a transition to UT shortly. I got 73Million in the bank, but...

the Avarice Auction bid has started ! The BBS offers me the possibility to bid 615Million. I would if I had the cash. :(

Will the bid hang around for me or will it eventually go away ?
Any ideas how I can make the bid nonetheless ?

As usual, any insights offered are appreciated !
Last edited by Fresshness on Sun, 31. Dec 06, 21:36, edited 1 time in total.

Sirus5
x4

Bidding

Post by Sirus5 » Sun, 31. Dec 06, 16:57

There are some threads on this subject a few days ago if you look - search for "Avarice"....

As far as I remember, it will stay around for quite a while - you will have to check the previous thread to find out, and you simply bid the amount it says - in this case 615 million.

I don't know what happens if you bid and haven't got that amount of money!

Fresshness

Post by Fresshness » Sun, 31. Dec 06, 17:04

I have done some searching, but the search on this forum basicly is borderline retarted (why can't I search for just the topic, why does it always look in the message also?) /rant

anyhoo... I've tried to hit the button, but then it said something like "There doesn't seem to be enough credits in your account, ..."

well, maybe Avarice isn't that useful/wonderful to have.

Martin Logan
x3

Why buy??

Post by Martin Logan » Sun, 31. Dec 06, 18:23

Personally i never saw the whole sector itself nore the auction but you might wanna try and fly straight in build some stations and simply claim it for your own why give money for it when you can just marche in??
I however dont now if you can actualy march in in the first place though.

UK_lawman
x3tc

Post by UK_lawman » Sun, 31. Dec 06, 19:18

I have read on this forum that you have around 18-20 game days from when the auction starts till it finishes. Go for broke, spend your money on buying lucrative stations everywhere and capping where ever you can. What have you to lose?. Its also possible the auction will go over the starting price of 615 Million Cr's, I ended up paying 810 Million Cr's..

Even if you dont win Avarice your empire will be be making lots of profitssss for future expansions into X-space sectors.

Martin Logan
x3

Why go there??

Post by Martin Logan » Sun, 31. Dec 06, 19:30

Why go to avarice when you can go to the unkown sector south of unholy decent :?

Fresshness

Post by Fresshness » Sun, 31. Dec 06, 20:06

Having 18-20 days starting auction-beginning is good to know (so probably by gameday 30 it should finish).

However, as pointed out, there is not really a substantial advantage in actually owning Avarice. Roughly speaking, it's paying 600-900Million just to rename a sector
Spoiler
Show
and then only 5 options are possilbe

So... why spend the hard-earned cash on it anyway when you could be spending that same money on say 5-6 fully equiped pythons. I would much rather do that.

Thanks for the input !

Freols
x3tc

Post by Freols » Sun, 31. Dec 06, 20:06

Because I want both :shock:

I have 15 UTs and a solar power plant and bidding has just opened. Really sucks.

Fresshness

Post by Fresshness » Sun, 31. Dec 06, 20:15

Freols wrote:Because I want both :shock:

I have 15 UTs and a solar power plant and bidding has just opened. Really sucks.
I had only 2 (level 25) UT's when the bidding started...

Now I have (almost) 4

Silver Surfer
x3tc

Post by Silver Surfer » Sun, 31. Dec 06, 20:42

I've been playing X3 since it came out and one of the things I've never done is buy Avarice. I recently started again (for the fourth time) with pretty much the sole intention of getting it.

Some things I'd like to know are; if you haven't 'discovered' the sector at all, does it still get sold? If you don't visit the BBS at all (so are unaware of the auction), does it still go ahead based purely on game time? Is the auction still triggered partly on your player account total as I've been leaving everything in the complex accounts.

I've got about 20 complexes now so it's not going to be too much longer until I've got a billion hanging around. I wouldn't want to have missed it!

Woffin
x3tc

Post by Woffin » Sun, 31. Dec 06, 21:30

I'm in the same situation...I had 120 mil in the bank when the bidding started and now about a week later the auction is upto 355mil while ive managed to get my funds upto about 450 :D . Thats with some extremely lucky BBS missions, Xenon 'salvaging' and two complexes. I understand that theres no point owning avarice...but I love the feeling of having something to aim for. I was told it'd be impossible to get avarice in the situation i was in...but now im about 100mil ahead of the bidding! Such a good feeling :D . Besides, if i didnt win the auction i'd have to live with the fact i'll never have a chance again without a restart.

My game is only seven days in btw...is this right?

Dhore
x3tc

Post by Dhore » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 03:30

Its triggered by time spent in the game, in days. It starts about Game day 6 and the auction works its way up to 600mil where it stays for a few days, up to I believe 18ish days in total time spent in the game.

Nec_V20
x3

Post by Nec_V20 » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 13:13

My only reason for buying Avarice was to get rid of the two frigging messages at every station where I docked.

Fresshness

Post by Fresshness » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 15:51

Nec_V20 wrote:My only reason for buying Avarice was to get rid of the two frigging messages at every station where I docked.
You must be the e-mail spammer's dream come true ! :lol:

Freols
x3tc

Post by Freols » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 16:45

:D
Side effects may include loss of hair and penis

UK_lawman
x3tc

Post by UK_lawman » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 17:32

Buying Avarice is just one aspect of many, that the player can achieve and take part in, not compulsary but nice to be able to do because its 'There!'.

Once you have an empire that can generate 1 billion credits or more, making extra credits is easy within the game, so spending 615 - 810 million credits is small change.

Happy New Year everyone..

shifty lookin spoon
x3

Post by shifty lookin spoon » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 11:51

Simple solution here! Take all your money, sell the ship your in and everything you can spare... maybe even do a xenon invasion/assassin mission first and then buy a python. If you dont have the reputation for one youl need to find a donation bbs first to bribe your way into the split goodbooks :).

Arm your python with GPPC up front and max out on flaks everyehere else, tell front turret to attack my target, all others to attack all enemies. Then jump into a xenon sector, mop the floor with them (its alot easier than it sounds clearing xenon sectors in an M2), jump your UTs in and tell them to pick up all the goodies :)... over and over and over and over again...

At least thats how i got the money when i needed the money FAST

ForbiddenKnowledge
x2

Post by ForbiddenKnowledge » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 12:24

As soon as Avarice appears for me, I'm gonna look into buying it. Its nice to have a sector that is yours, back in the days of X2, I used to let the Khaak clear out Presidents End, then move in there with HQ and facts.
So long, and thanks for all the fish.

The Shadow Wolf
x3

Post by The Shadow Wolf » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 21:45

You guys seem to be able to get the XI missions.

How on earth do you find them. I've checked every station in the game since I've started and no dice.
Afraid! You don't know the meaning of the word!!!

Martin Logan
x3

Silence here as well

Post by Martin Logan » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 22:21

Right now i havent seen any xenon as well for quite some time although i did do two misions i supose we both need patience to find them :(

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”