Headquaters in Avarice?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

IrishStar
x3

Headquaters in Avarice?

Post by IrishStar » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 00:09

Am I alone in thinking it would be a good idea to putting ur headquaters there?? In my game I haven't had the chance to buy it yet as it is still called the "unknown sector" I am Waiting patiantly to buy the sector, as i have enough credits to make it mine.

I thing having a sector that is truely yours is great and putting your very own headquaters there is the icing on the cake!

This next bit may contain a possible spoiler
Also
Spoiler
Show
After you buy the blueprints for the Earth fleet howcome they dont show up in your headquaters or maybe you have to cap them. Can you Cap a Earth ship??

Sirus5
x4

Terrans

Post by Sirus5 » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 00:24

The Earth fleet blueprints are only so you know which ship is which...

They cannot be captured or Built by players (without a script).

Demotruk
x3tc

Re: Headquaters in Avarice?

Post by Demotruk » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 00:51

IrishStar wrote:Am I alone in thinking it would be a good idea to putting ur headquaters there?? In my game I haven't had the chance to buy it yet as it is still called the "unknown sector" I am Waiting patiantly to buy the sector, as i have enough credits to make it mine.
Huh, I thought Bala Gi missions made Avarice show up quite quickly?

Achatos
x3

Post by Achatos » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 02:57

Demotruk wrote:Huh, I thought Bala Gi missions made Avarice show up quite quickly?
That's what I was thinking. In my game it appeared already during the Bala Gi missions. Could it be that IrishStar used a script to get his HQ? Not that I have any moral objections :D (I did it the legal way though)

By the way: I've put my HQ in the unknown 'vacuum' next to Patriarch's Retreat. It's the best place of all.
Find what you need in the X3-universe (with all XTM data, and X3 Music guide)
[ external image ]

neumanf15
x3

Post by neumanf15 » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 05:13

It took five game days in mine for Avarice to change its name. The auction still hasn't started taking bids (almost day 6).

Mine's in Omicron Lyrae - cause that's where my main income and weapon building stations are.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 09:54

Demotruk wrote:Huh, I thought Bala Gi missions made Avarice show up quite quickly?
No. Not the missions. But the patch did. If one loaded an old game. But it takes a while for the auction to start, if you did start the game in 2.0.x.

Avarice is no better nor worse than other sectors for the HQ. There are good things, like flow of hostile ships, and bad things (for example distance to Goners).
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Etolf
x3tc

Post by Etolf » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 10:22

IrishStar wrote:Am I alone in thinking it would be a good idea to putting ur headquaters there?? In my game I haven't had the chance to buy it yet as it is still called the "unknown sector" I am Waiting patiantly to buy the sector, as i have enough credits to make it mine.
I have my HQ in Avarice... it's nicely central and easy to get to anywhere in one jump... also easy to bring in wares from anywhere too... I have no regrets in choosing Avarice.

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 12:18

I didn't even consider Avarice as viable HQ sector as it has too much traffic and no asteroids.

I wanted my HQ far away from npc ships and stations so I chose one of the most far away places I found (with sufficient roids for support).

that being the second Unknown sector near unholy descent.

other viable place would have been the US near Getsu fune.

proximity to SY's, EqD's, Goner's is totally irellevant since you can jump ships anyway. (everyone has carrier now anyway , only one requiring player are M2's as no ships can dock them so I have to manually transfer upgrades to them from fighters.)

just bough 2 carriers for example and jumped in hyperion with 2 busters carrying every upgrade those 2 ships needed, then remote transfered fuel to both from the hyperion and docked the busters back. and jumped all 3 out to their destinations.

then docked 65 L's at one of the carriers and hauled them to EqD for upgrades, once I get enough weapons available I dock the carrier to HQ and transfer the weapon to it and then equip and rename the fighters.

reddraco
x3ap

Post by reddraco » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 13:13

my HQ is in "avarice" with a massive shield and weapons complex in montelar also supplying everything else i need to build ships.Don't own avarice yet but have 300 mill plus so far.
the following statment is false.
the previous statment is true.
welcome to the real world.

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 13:20

You are not buying Terran blueprints .... you are buying specifications.

This just gives names to the some of the unknown objects floating around out there.

Black Gryphon
x4

Post by Black Gryphon » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 13:27

I put my HQ in Avarice and bought the sector... Now that I think about it I should not have spent the 730M credits... With the Teladi owning the sector you can get the Mk3 trader software from the trading station. :roll:

solix
x3tc

Post by solix » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 13:46

If you are prepared to go to the trouble & expense of buying Avarice then this is probable justification for plonking your HQ there - only to have the interesting challenge of providing all of the necessary resource infrastructure to supply it. I did [730m credits] and built my HQ there without regrets. I dragged a silicon and ore roid close to the East gate in Montalaar, which supplies XL SSP and weaps facts, etc in Avarice [now "Gaiaan Star"]. No probs with npcs or UTs.

Achatos
x3

Post by Achatos » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 14:57

Black Gryphon wrote:I put my HQ in Avarice and bought the sector... Now that I think about it I should not have spent the 730M credits... With the Teladi owning the sector you can get the Mk3 trader software from the trading station. :roll:
You have a point. Another reason not to spend your fortune on this 2nd hand vacuum.
Find what you need in the X3-universe (with all XTM data, and X3 Music guide)
[ external image ]

Dragoongfa
x4

Post by Dragoongfa » Tue, 2. Jan 07, 15:23

I have bought avarice and i have built my HQ in it and yes i have no regrets about it because:

1:Its your own freaking sector you can do anything in it (well if you blow someone up you still lose rep but at a lower cost),which means a few squash mine factories and a few bliss places (generally speaking anything that produce contraband) without interferance by the police.

2:The adjusting sectors are full with roids, not high wield ones but sufficient to supply your HQ and weapons plants.

3:If you decide to unlock the khaa'k start (the normal way) then this is a must for supplies and repairs.

4:It doesn't have so much traffic (in my game at least).

5:It is reasonably big so you can build quite a few stations without concern about M2 crashes (who knows knows :wink: ).

well thats all i can think for now but still buying Avarice can pay off (It has paid for me).

IrishStar
x3

Post by IrishStar » Thu, 4. Jan 07, 03:21

thanks for your opinions guys KEEP THEM COMING!

And to the guy who asked if i used a script to get my HQ The answer is NO, I DON'T CHEAT, ALL PROPER AND ABOVE BOARD!!

Gundam_F91
x3tc

Post by Gundam_F91 » Thu, 4. Jan 07, 08:25

Avarice as battle station won't be bad, but if for building up a HQ i don't see it is a good idea, because i can't get any jump drive and transporter in the nearby sector

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”