So i want some Wingmen along my side.. how do i do it?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mistyevening
x3tc

So i want some Wingmen along my side.. how do i do it?

Post by Mistyevening » Fri, 12. Jan 07, 21:56

Although my M7 looks and feels like immortal.. this ain't the case..

I want 5x Eclipses on my wing.. any newbie info out there to do this?

..i've spent most of my time in this game trading so i have no idea of this kind of things..

I need this info for some backup.. and future sector patrolling

Any info alot appreciated.

zooze
xr

Post by zooze » Fri, 12. Jan 07, 22:17

You first need to assign ships as wingmen, this can be done in the ships properties "command window". Scroll down and you will see an option for Winman, and you want to set this to yes.

Once you've done that with a few, you can then get them to protect you (Shift+6) or attack your target (Shift+7). If they are protecting or following you they will also jump with you as well (but only if you select jump from your navigation menu).

Zoozer

Mistyevening
x3tc

Post by Mistyevening » Fri, 12. Jan 07, 23:04

thanks matey.. any ideas how do i assign a wingmen to for example a patrol M7? nonplayable that is.

As for getting thinga extremely hard... .. how on earth do i assign ships for patrols and wingmens for those?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 12. Jan 07, 23:31

You can't set ships to be wingmen for any ship other than the one you're currently flying. What you CAN do is give them an order like "Protect...my M7", in which case they'll attack anything that lands a hit on your shiny Hyperion.

KipperTheFish
x3tc

Post by KipperTheFish » Fri, 12. Jan 07, 23:39

Be prepared for some losses........wingmen make great cannon fodder.
Pushing up the anti, I know you're gonna see me, Read 'em and weep, The deadman's hand again.

Orphand

Post by Orphand » Sat, 13. Jan 07, 03:45

pjknibbs wrote:You can't set ships to be wingmen for any ship other than the one you're currently flying. What you CAN do is give them an order like "Protect...my M7", in which case they'll attack anything that lands a hit on your shiny Hyperion.
Hmm, I accidently sucseeded on making wingmen out of my 3 captured L's to my OOS Elephant.

I think it has something to do with me setting the ellie as theyr homebase =).. atleast they have the "W" logo =)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”