Takeing out M1/M2 with Torpedo's?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lukemax
x2

Takeing out M1/M2 with Torpedo's?

Post by lukemax » Sat, 13. Jan 07, 22:22

Is it possible ingame to make a run on a M1/M2 fire of some big missle's "Torpedos" for X3

Make it go boom

My missle experiance is minimal so i need some help here

Thx
Lukemax

cheeseburger

Post by cheeseburger » Sat, 13. Jan 07, 22:32

Missles will be often shot before they hit the target... anyway, to destroy M1/M2/TL, you'll need some big daddy missiles, like the firestorm torpedo (available in "heavy yield production complex").

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Sat, 13. Jan 07, 22:58

Actually the best results will be delivered by Typhoon missiles.

as any ship that has missile/torpedo targeted at it will try to shoot it down with turrets, and even a GPPC turret is fast enough to track slow ass firestorm torpedos but will be overwhelmed by swirling 8 submunitions of Typhoon.

(typhoon missile splits to 8 indebendent missiles when fired, each do 20k damage so it's nearly 200k for one typhoon, so you need more than one to bring down capital ships, 30 is usually enough against Xenons, 40-45 is good against khaak destroyers)

other way to go is firing slow torpedoes when moving sideways so the torpedoes spread over larger area and then masking them with faster missiles like wasps (which also split to 8 missiles when fired)

Etolf
x3tc

Post by Etolf » Sat, 13. Jan 07, 23:06

in my experience it's best to either do it while the target is distracted, or distract it yourself (perhaps by spamming it with wasps)...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”