last but not least question, ufo's?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

grim company
x3tc

last but not least question, ufo's?

Post by grim company » Sun, 14. Jan 07, 15:33

what the h are they?
[ external image ]
"You've Never felt Safer"
proud captain of the "nightbringer" Unholy Fury (A Join-In DiD by Captain CAVEMAN!!!)

Dragoongfa
x4

Post by Dragoongfa » Sun, 14. Jan 07, 15:37

They are goners, that traverse the universe for exploration reason :D , anyway in the sector map the unknown objects that look like a flying disk register as goner ships (G??TA-27 last one i saw), if you attack them the goner rep goes down.No there is not a hidden UFO Base :) and no you can't capture them...

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 14. Jan 07, 16:17

Attacking them affects your Goner rank, this much is true, but they are NOT Goner ships. Best guess is that they are representatives of the Ancients--the ones who built the jumpgate network in the first place--but this has never been officially confirmed.

Dragoongfa
x4

Post by Dragoongfa » Sun, 14. Jan 07, 16:20

By seeing them carrying Goner tags i thought that they were Goners, and since the rank goes down...but conspiracy theories are conspiracy theories :D :D :D

Kazuma
x4

Post by Kazuma » Sun, 14. Jan 07, 18:13

If you have a very fast ship, setting one as a follow will take you on a grand tour of the galaxy; which can be nice to locate farflung and otherwise hidden gates; be sure to take a triplex scanner, never know what youll find :o

unknown_object
x3

Post by unknown_object » Sun, 14. Jan 07, 18:41

in the main plot when saya is trying to ID the invisible ship she mentions a race around at the same time as the old ones.... my personal theory it its one of them other than that there probably just a shortcut to exploration , background and something to get you thinking

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Sun, 14. Jan 07, 19:56

unknown_object wrote:in the main plot when saya is trying to ID the invisible ship she mentions a race around at the same time as the old ones.... my personal theory it its one of them other than that there probably just a shortcut to exploration , background and something to get you thinking
I think/hope/wish that the guys in the invisible ship are the next enemies, and that the khaak will finally be friendly. I mean, whats a destroyed home world between friends eh?

Really though, it is about time the khaak were replaced, that story ark is done.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

grim company
x3tc

Post by grim company » Sun, 14. Jan 07, 20:19

the thing goes at 300 k/H would it be possible to... borrow it.?
[ external image ]
"You've Never felt Safer"
proud captain of the "nightbringer" Unholy Fury (A Join-In DiD by Captain CAVEMAN!!!)

drakend

Post by drakend » Sun, 14. Jan 07, 22:27

Can someone post a link of this thing? I'm curious! :D

GradeALunatic

Post by GradeALunatic » Sun, 14. Jan 07, 22:48

it would make sense the goners wouldnt like you for it, they are unarmed, like the goners.. i think they're funny, if you get up close to one, it makes wierd noises, and if you fly directly underneth it, it freaks out (with more wierd noises) and tries to get away from you hehe

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Mon, 15. Jan 07, 03:42

There are no UFO's! :sceptic:

You have been working too hard. :gruebel:

It was only a weather ballon! :twisted:
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Mon, 15. Jan 07, 04:42

drakend wrote:Can someone post a link of this thing? I'm curious! :D
[ external image ]

aazell

Post by aazell » Mon, 15. Jan 07, 14:21

This reminds me of the Cloak and Dagger ship in the original elite!
Destroying it was the only way to get a cloaking device and it was very rare to come across it.

Are there any other weird unexplained phenomena that people have come across?

X3_Xenon

Post by X3_Xenon » Mon, 15. Jan 07, 17:12

Nice Screenshot!
I think there is small creatures inside thoes UFOs that spies on our technology.
Ships:
One Centaur
One Falcon Sentinel

Stations:
Two Solar Power Plant XL

flagg209
x3

Post by flagg209 » Mon, 15. Jan 07, 17:22

I'll spill the beans - the UFOs are the ancients. They fly around the universe passing through as many gates as they can. Their ships (upon passing through each gate) emits an inverse tachyon pulse effectively scrubbing the plasma manifolds on each gate.

Thats right - they are the universe's version of a janitor.
I do this for Aiur...

aazell

Post by aazell » Mon, 15. Jan 07, 17:29

I found a UFO spray painting graffiti on the side of my station...

It said:

Anchients Woz E

They scarpered when I chased after them with a broom handle.

Apparently they were hanging out Near Boron Prime hassling passing ships asking if they could "ponse some space weed?".

What is the galaxy coming to?

flagg209
x3

Post by flagg209 » Mon, 15. Jan 07, 17:31

What is the galaxy coming to?

Those damn ancient boomers and their parenting! :headbang:
I do this for Aiur...

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Mon, 15. Jan 07, 17:52

Dragoongfa wrote:No there is not a hidden UFO Base :)
Are you sure about that ;-)
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Dragoongfa
x4

Post by Dragoongfa » Mon, 15. Jan 07, 18:06

Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Dragoongfa wrote:No there is not a hidden UFO Base :)
Are you sure about that ;-)
Who knows...One day i will find it and i will prove that the Goners are an evil sect trying to weaken the universe for an upcoming invasion :P :wink:

Orphand

Post by Orphand » Mon, 15. Jan 07, 18:42

flagg209 wrote:I'll spill the beans - the UFOs are the ancients. They fly around the universe passing through as many gates as they can. Their ships (upon passing through each gate) emits an inverse tachyon pulse effectively scrubbing the plasma manifolds on each gate.

Thats right - they are the universe's version of a janitor.
Heheh. Morelikeley theyre just doing sports. Much like we are having "go through rings" races. They propably dont eaven recognice us as sentient beings... just something that is there.. like bacteria =) and ofcourse random obstacles bringing more intrest to the bettingsystem of this new pan-galactic-racing-event.

=)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”