One quick q:how can i equip lasertower weapons??

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LilFunkyAngel

One quick q:how can i equip lasertower weapons??

Post by LilFunkyAngel » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 15:32

Enyone knows how?

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 15:33

Could you expand a little on what you want to do?.

LilFunkyAngel

Post by LilFunkyAngel » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 15:45

I'm using ship creator,modded a few ships (only cap ships,m2 and above) and added lasertower weapons to their main guns and turrets,BUT i can't eqquip them in game.I know there are a few problems with weapons that shouldn't be normaly in use,like with electro magnetic plasmas(uknow,u can't swap them like normal weps,etc...) and so far i have managed to deal with those.I belive someone has also managed to equip lasertowers but i don't know who...that's why i'm asking.I haven't tried buying them,i only scripted u few in,picked them up and tried eqquiping them but it doesn't work?do i really have to buy them unpacked :) or what?

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 15:47

Have you tried buying/equipping a laset tower? ;)

I've done it in past patches, but it's been ages. I can't remember if that's how I did it or not.

LilFunkyAngel

Post by LilFunkyAngel » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 15:49

phh...i hate going to the shopping mall... :wink:

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 15:56

You only need one to test. :)

LilFunkyAngel

Post by LilFunkyAngel » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 16:04

Nope,can't do it.I just bought 8 brand new lasertowers,transported them with a fighter to my two cap ships but still can't equip them...ahh what the heck,i won't worry about it to much but if anyone finds out how or know how,let me know...pleasee :roll:

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 16:09

Like I said, I can't remember how I did it exactly, it's been 8 months since I've done it, at least.

LilFunkyAngel

Post by LilFunkyAngel » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 16:16

thanx nevertheless...

Kurt Shur'Tugal
x3

Post by Kurt Shur'Tugal » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 17:34

i believe balogt would know, send him a pm, then post how here, cause now im curious

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 17:50

To equip LT's weapons you must change the weapons associated with the cockpits for (probally turrets in this case) the ship.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 18:14

That's what he's on about. :)

You can add "laser tower weapon" as a compatible gun in a turret, but there's no actual lasertower weapon (for sake of simplistic comparison) such as a BHEPT, APAC, etc.

I did it once before, I just can't remember. I'll piss with it tonight if I get a chance. It should come back fairly quick, I hope I've not drank that much beer yet anyway.

Klyith
x3

Post by Klyith » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 18:32

fud wrote:You can add "laser tower weapon" as a compatible gun in a turret, but there's no actual lasertower weapon (for sake of simplistic comparison) such as a BHEPT, APAC, etc.
:? Sure there is! You just can't buy it or "steal" one off a real lasertower.

1. Mod Tships to add "Lasertower Weapon" to the compatible guns of your ship of choice.
2. New script: [THIS] -> add 1 unit of ware "Lasertower Weapon" / return null
3. Equip laserbeam (with normal gui, icon looks like IRE), fire, enjoy.

Doing more clever stuff like putting it on turrets or adding them as buyable wares is just elaborations on the theme.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 18:34

Klyith wrote:1. Mod Tships to add "Lasertower Weapon" to the compatible guns of your ship of choice.
Still have to fix the cockpits for them to work properly. :wink:

Klyith
x3

Post by Klyith » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 18:44

Saint-Ashley wrote:Still have to fix the cockpits for them to work properly. :wink:
"Properly"?

I just did it. I modded tships to add LTW to the Hyperion, ran x3, added & equiped the gun, fired, destroyed a ship. What didn't work?

Beam weapons normally don't behave right for player ships, they don't force the "cool down" time -- the LTW beam can be fired continuously. Will edit to cockpits change that? Otherwise I'm at a loss to see why you need to change cockpits unless you want it on a turret.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 20:23

u cant put laser towers on your ships to use.

u need to use the actual weapon itself, and ptu that onto your ships. There is a ware in the game called the Lasertower weapon, which the laser towers use. These are the ones you need to install on your ship. In a standard game, they arn't available to buy, so u'll need to use a script to either add them to your ship, or add them to an Equipment dock so they are buyable

LilFunkyAngel

Post by LilFunkyAngel » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 12:20

i did it too...and i'm not impressed.I thought they'd be more effective against big ships,but it looks like they'r only used for fighter defence... :cry: Althought they do have a great range... :mrgreen:

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 14:54

That's nothing that couldn't be "fixed". You could always copy/paste the LT "bullet", and give it different properties, then make a new laser type that uses that bullet. Make it a huge volume and XL_cargo class. Voila, you've got yourself a new capital ship weapon. :)

Then you can either add it to equipment docks, or make a new factory that produces it. That's the fun of sand box games. :)

LilFunkyAngel

Post by LilFunkyAngel » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 16:39

Yeah,i could do that :twisted:

Kurt Shur'Tugal
x3

Post by Kurt Shur'Tugal » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 17:11

how would u mod the Tships for the weapon? also would this take up the extra weapon slot that X3 has left?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”