System Override System Software MK?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ballad
x4

System Override System Software MK?

Post by ballad » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 08:59

I note the mod for X3 - System Override Software for MK2 but, I don't see an MK1 just System Override Software. Am I missing something?

philip_hughes
x3tc

Post by philip_hughes » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 11:27

Strange... Ive found mk1, not mk2!
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 14:33

there isn't a mk1, the standard one is just called, system Override Software, but u can assume that it is the mk1 even thou it doesn't say ;)

ballad
x4

System Override System Software MK2?

Post by ballad » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 16:33

Ok, so where is the MK2 version? I know the mod Salvage Software only works with that one. Which pirate base?

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 18:47

I like the System Override Software a great deal. The only thing I do not like about it is if I have it on a ship that I am not piloting at the moment, it keeps disappearing (maybe the sector police is confiscating it?)
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

dechan720

Post by dechan720 » Fri, 19. Jan 07, 22:58

I have just docked at the Pirate base at Barron Shores and bought the System Override Software, what does this upgrade do exactly?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 19. Jan 07, 23:12

for the km2, u have to install that the mk2 script, and u will find them in pirate bases when its installed.

as for what it does, it allows you to claim ships without leaving your cockpit

dechan720

Post by dechan720 » Fri, 19. Jan 07, 23:14

Thanks for telling me what it does, it's all so clear when you know.

:)

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Fri, 19. Jan 07, 23:27

System override software is a peice of software that let's you claim abandoned ships without needing to get in your space suit. You still have to get within 35 meters to use it, but now you don't have to eject.

For what it gives you it's massively overpriced and it also has a MAJOR drawback- It's illegal which means that if a police patrol ship ever scans you you have to eject it or make an enemy out of the police, and probably loose race rep. The latest patch i believe introduces something called 'Masking software' that prevents the police from detecting it in the scan, but you can only get that if you find the BBS post that offers it.

System override software MK 2 if memory serves is a fan made add on, not in the original game, or anyof the bonus packs. It does EXACTLY the same job as Mk1, but it's not illegal and costs 10 times as much.

<Edit> curses. Beaten to it as i was writing all that. Ah well never mind.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 20. Jan 07, 01:12

Nyax wrote:System override software MK 2 if memory serves is a fan made add on, not in the original game, or anyof the bonus packs. It does EXACTLY the same job as Mk1, but it's not illegal and costs 10 times as much.
not quite the same thing, its got a longer range, 5k, the autopilot can do it automattically, by flying you within range then claiming.

can also claim unpiloted capital ships, althou u dont find many of those in a standard game

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”