Bala Gi, KE dock, but no log update v2.002

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Kazuma
x4

Bala Gi, KE dock, but no log update v2.002

Post by Kazuma » Fri, 19. Jan 07, 01:15

Guess I'll spam my problem here as well;

recently recieved the "hey you can do bala gi message", goto KE, and dock at the SY... nothing, no update... nada... I had heard this problem exhisted in 2.0 and 001, but was corrected in .002, although I distinctly recall this being an old issue (dock at station x to get mission y, and get nothing) from 1.0->1.4... anywho; if theres a work around to this, I am all ears. Thanks in advance. If anyone happens to know where the interger value is stored in a save game, thats just as good...

http://forum3.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=168383

Kazuma
x4

Post by Kazuma » Fri, 19. Jan 07, 04:03

Cancel dis one; after a couple more hours in game a repair dock decided to spawn in KE... upon docking the meh log was updated... kinda bootleg that it worked out like this, but hey; atleast there is a "work round" kinda... :roll:

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 19. Jan 07, 09:49

Are you running mods? There is at least one mod that adds extra stations to certain sectors which the game interprets as shipyards, and this causes confusion with the Bala Gi missions--if you ARE running that mod, then you'll find the same problem occurs in Grand Exchange later in the plot sequence.

Iveco
x3tc

Post by Iveco » Fri, 19. Jan 07, 16:24

As soon as you receive the message to come to KE SY the station must exist. If nothing happens on the SY while docked - try another station in that sector.

That problem happens when using mods which copy stations and use the same parameters (the story can't detect the right station then).

Kazuma
x4

Post by Kazuma » Fri, 19. Jan 07, 22:30

That problem happens when using mods which copy stations and use the same parameters (the story can't detect the right station then).
Eventually this was the conclusion I came too; what I found so unusual about it, was that at the time I was given the mission KESY was the only SY style object in the zone... it was some hours later that I happened to notice a repair yard off the ecliptic in the nav map (which was obviously new). I am not sure which mod includes the 'repair docks'; could be included in one of the CMP's...

Of course I docked at everything once the issue presented itself, put a couple little m5's scouring the sector for stations, revealed the stations bbs, and whatever else I could throw at it... with no other yards... only thing I can figure was that the yard was always there... but that it may of spawned "gimped" in the planet or something... dumped... then respawned/ repositioned.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”