[UPDATE] A few SW ships... and a couple of ST ones too [01-11-2009]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mrbooks

Xtm?

Post by mrbooks » Fri, 12. Feb 10, 03:03

What does XTM stand for? And what is vanilla? I assumed it had something to do with scripts made by Cycrow for his plugin manager only and not spks made by other people. Anyway I want to be up on the lingo so someone educate me.
Weapons to Maximum!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 12. Feb 10, 08:05

"XTM" is just one mod among the others. Substantial though. Now, you have read the Forum Posting Rules, have you? :) If you have, you would have seen "XTM" mentioned, and even noticed a link to its thread, where is a link to third party website hosting XTM-related material.

vanilla -- the stock, basic, unmodified, out-of-the-box game. X3R 2.5 with Bonuspack is the "vanilla". Adding any scripts or mods creates non-vanilla.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

magrathean monkey
x2

Post by magrathean monkey » Sat, 13. Feb 10, 20:30

Hi all,

Wow, a lot of new posts on this thread in recent weeks, so lot's to comment on...

The ships listed on this thread were made to be compatible with XTM in X3 Reunion only. At the time I made them, Terran Conflict did not exist. Tbh I haven't looked at XTM in X3TC so I would be very cautious about trying to use a combination of my stuff with theirs - if you do, please make copies of you savegames first!
mpcribeiro wrote:Its more straight forward than what you think... No need to convert anything... what is needed is just X3TC + latest beta plugin (Cycrows) on X3TC forum + import the X3R MM's ships xsp into the plugin and thats all.
I didn't realise that it is so easy to add the ships into X3TC using Cycrows latest tools. When I first got X3TC I started testing on ships to convert but I had a few technical problems running it on my old PC (and I just can't get used to the GUI) that I went back to playing X3R, and I've been making stuff solely for X3R since...

That being said, I'll have to give this X3TC export a try I think so thanks for the info on that. :D
RedEyedRaven wrote:@MM
One small question: Will you release a more accurate model-version of the Excelsior Refit? On one of your screenshots showing your station cockpits it appeared that you worked on it a little, and it looked far more like the original MK-II-Excelsior like seen in "Generations" and "Paradise Lost" with the upgraded engineering section in addition to the nacelles and the saucer impulse engines.
I might be able to do that fairly easily as that was the ship that I imported into X3TC as a test. I'll have a dig around in my working directories and see if i can convert it into an .xsp file. Updates to follow...
joedawson wrote:I love your galaxy class with Cockpit...

One question...

Is there any way to "MOVE" the pilot (permanently is fine) I have been trying for awhile, and cannot figure it out (used gmax, bod editing etc.)
If you have a modelling package such as 3DMax or GMax and can import the relevant scene files then yes, otherwise it would not be possible. I do have some variations of that scene file with the camera in other locations, so if you can tell me roughly where you want it positioned, I could modify a copy of the existing .xsp file.
MarkusXL wrote:I think I need a CAT/DAT viewer / editor, and some code examples you maybe can post up, THEN I should be able to smooth it all out.
I use Doubleshadow's X3 Editor, it has the X3 Mod Manager which allows you to create and view everything inside cat/dat files and a text editor to modify and view T files like the TShips. The dummies and cutdata files can be updated within notepad. If you take a look at my modding guide here I think I added the links to all of the webpages of the guys who made the tools that I used. If not, there are definately links on the Egosoft page so try the search tool today! :)

As for what I've been up to - I started making a few small 'stations' recently; they're set up as M0 class ships because I like to be able to sit in a cockpit when I'm docked with them, I'm trying to make something that is like a very small base of operations to be used as a base (next to nothing in speed and turning capabilities) but with fitted with weapons. They're work-in-progress but I likes 'em. :D

I have a couple of screenshots on my images site:

Supply Base
Research base

MM

Borogwain
x4

Post by Borogwain » Sun, 14. Feb 10, 19:47

magrathean monkey wrote:
mpcribeiro wrote:Its more straight forward than what you think... No need to convert anything... what is needed is just X3TC + latest beta plugin (Cycrows) on X3TC forum + import the X3R MM's ships xsp into the plugin and thats all.
I didn't realise that it is so easy to add the ships into X3TC using Cycrows latest tools. When I first got X3TC I started testing on ships to convert but I had a few technical problems running it on my old PC (and I just can't get used to the GUI) that I went back to playing X3R, and I've been making stuff solely for X3R since...
It is correct only with yours ships. Unfortunatelly Sovereign Class by kris4564 does not work. It was said that:
apricotslice wrote:The only real tweaking needed would be if they have more than 12 guns in a turrent. Those wont work in TC. Otherwise, they should work ok as long as the models are complete.
I do not know if kris4564's Sovereign Class has more than 12 guns in turrets.
magrathean monkey wrote:As for what I've been up to - I started making a few small 'stations' recently; they're set up as M0 class ships because I like to be able to sit in a cockpit when I'm docked with them, I'm trying to make something that is like a very small base of operations to be used as a base (next to nothing in speed and turning capabilities) but with fitted with weapons. They're work-in-progress but I likes 'em. :D
Simply beautiful. However X3TC has no M0 class ships if I understand it correctly, so this can be a potential problem. Will it be possible to change them from M0 to M1? I was able to change - as far as it works somehow :) - your Galaxy Class from M2 to M1 but that is different story because X3TC of course knows both types of ships.

If you still work on that is there any chance to see ST type Trading Station/Equipment Dock/whatever kind of station made by you? For example DS9 type :)?
Borogwain
Currently X4: Foundation Split Vendetta, last stable version (Steam).
English is not my first language, please do not hesitate to correct me if I am wrong.
Still learning.

Alex Corvis
x4

Post by Alex Corvis » Mon, 15. Feb 10, 22:04

Hi,

in the start post there is a type 10 shuttle docking at a regula station (here). So I wonder whether it is possible to get this station?!? In the post there I just can download a Trumal (or something like that) station.

Does anybody know, where I can get that station?

Thanks.

Greetings, A. Corvis

MarkusXL
x3tc

Post by MarkusXL » Tue, 16. Feb 10, 02:44

Quick question (obscure as heck tho!) about Balogt / Cycrow ship downloads:

I am running X3R and XTM .7.5 and at least one B/C ship (Centauri Kutai Gunship Vanguard) has a problem where the turrets don't shoot.

The graphics and all other functions are perfect, but the turrets don't actually fire.

Is this something I can tweak myself to fix? What file? Do I need to edit a CAT file?

I'd love to fix it because its a stunning model, and the cockpit is exquisite. Best I've seen yet! I wanted it for my main PlayerShip, but only if all the guns will shoot! lol! :D

(note in my setup no downloaded ships appear in any shipyards, but I still enjoy several of them by using LV's cheat to bring them into my game)

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Tue, 16. Feb 10, 20:51

Borogwain wrote: I do not know if kris4564's Sovereign Class has more than 12 guns in turrets.
I just tried importing the Sovereign class into X3TC and everything seems to work except shields.
I fly an OWP. What about you?

RedEyedRaven
x4

Post by RedEyedRaven » Wed, 17. Feb 10, 02:36

I do not know if kris4564's Sovereign Class has more than 12 guns in turrets.
It has two to four per turret, making 24 guns in total :)
2023: X4: Seafood-restaurant 'Split' opens in ZYA-space. Reservations limited, get yours today!

MarkusXL
x3tc

Post by MarkusXL » Wed, 17. Feb 10, 02:50

Nope, it looks like to fix a turret problem in XTM you have to dig deep into the script bundled into the XPS package, and know what you are doing.

Ah, X is a game by programmers, for programmers... heh

zombie-uk

Post by zombie-uk » Tue, 9. Mar 10, 13:01

Ahhhh... I do like the new Starbases, are you making versions for X3R and X3TC? Just like switching from X3R to TC alot.
Nvidia GeForce 9500GT

X3 Reunion i love it.

zombie-uk

Post by zombie-uk » Tue, 9. Mar 10, 13:10

Ooo also you solved the Space Dock / XTM compatability yet? I sure wish to have the XTM shipyards and the Space Dock fuction well please (:

When could we expect a release of all the new and beautiful ships/stations and what not hmm? Mayhap a new X3R/TC trek mod? Woo.
Nvidia GeForce 9500GT

X3 Reunion i love it.

strekship
x3tc

Post by strekship » Fri, 19. Mar 10, 20:10

I can't seem to find these ships for sale at any of the stations in game. They also don't show up in the ship creator cheat script. How do I find these?

MarkusXL
x3tc

Post by MarkusXL » Mon, 22. Mar 10, 23:29

Download Doubleshadow's Mod Manager and open up your Plugin Manager.CAT file.

The various parts of your XSP ships should be listed there.

If they are, then LV's Cheat should list them.

If not, re-install the XSP file and make sure the pathname is correct in Settings.

Hope this helps!

strekship
x3tc

Post by strekship » Tue, 23. Mar 10, 00:46

I opened up the CAT files and check the TShips file and it does list the ships i added. I guess for whatever reason the game is not loading the plugin manager files on top of XTM. I guess I can always try installing the game and not using XTM and see if I can get the ships to work that way.

timgood320

Compatibility issues with the Star trek Ships

Post by timgood320 » Thu, 25. Mar 10, 03:46

I'm running X3R version 2.5, and for some reason I can't see any of the sips. They're invisible or something. They also don't seem to have the right size hitboxes.

I didn't buy them, I used the cheat script 1.4 to try and spawn them to try them out.

I realize the solution may be somewhere else here, but there are 106 pages of messages and I don't want to search through all that. Sorry.

I would be very grateful if someone could suggest a solution, because i really want to fly around in some star trek or star wars ships. This is my first attempt at using custom X3 ships, so I might be missing something really obvious to everyone else.

MarkusXL
x3tc

Post by MarkusXL » Thu, 25. Mar 10, 17:00

Firstly - make BACKUP FOLDERS of your favorite working game in-progress, plus the save game files.

Launch Plugin Manager and make sure the pathnames are correct under Settings.

Install the ship - it should be "Enabled" in the list of installed ships.

Use Mod Manager to inspect the contents of Plugin Manager.cat, which should be in the \mod folder of your working game folder.

It won't contain much, but make note of it.

Then, go into the main game folder, and inspect the contents of the highest numbered CAT file. It should contain all the "parts" and scene files of the ships you have installed.

If it does, those ships should be listed when you use LV Cheat "Create Ship".

If not, there is something "bad" with the pathnames in Setting or the TShips file. I would suggest making a brand new plain Vanilla install, patching it up to 2.5, and making a clean backup of that, and trying again.

IT SHOULD WORK! And in Vanilla, they should even show up in the appropriate shipyards available for sale in-game.

I have over 30 custom ships installed with XTM and no conflicts. Later, I want to add a couple of them to the Jobs file, so the AI will use them too. heh.

strekship
x3tc

Post by strekship » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 02:05

strekship wrote:I opened up the CAT files and check the TShips file and it does list the ships i added. I guess for whatever reason the game is not loading the plugin manager files on top of XTM. I guess I can always try installing the game and not using XTM and see if I can get the ships to work that way.
Just thought i would post an update encase anyone else was having a similar issue. Turns out there is something weird going on with X3: Reunion and the new Plugin Manager Lite 1.10. I went back to the old 2.x version and now everything works as it should.

MarkusXL
x3tc

Post by MarkusXL » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 17:21

Yeah I tried using Lite but I could not get the desired results, so I went back to version 2.12.

Again, this is probably a pathnames related issue. In 2.12, you have more control under Settings and Profiles. Never had any problems with it - its a solid tool that unlocks TONS of fun for your dozens of X3 game customizations and experiments.

:lol:

jonusb

Post by jonusb » Sat, 27. Mar 10, 08:40

Only when we have our own ideals, can {erased} we find the origin of energy and enthusiasm in life, and become active and perseverant. Whatever {erased} your ideal is, careful plan and preparation is vital to its realization. Of course, the path from {erased} where you are to where you want to get is not always smooth and straight. Therefore, an optimistic, positive {erased} mind is indispensable in the process of your persevering your ideal.

{spam links removed. jlehtone}

Old_Frog

Post by Old_Frog » Tue, 1. Jun 10, 23:10

ok now my game is running but all the ships (except spacedock) i downloaded are invisible when i spawn them and can fly through things like they are missing their models

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”