SOS: Military assistance needed

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gezron
x4

SOS: Military assistance needed

Post by Gezron » Mon, 22. Jan 07, 21:44

Take a look what I waltzed into :(
Not much chance of me getting out alive.
Maybe I'll just wait them out, maybe the pirates will eventuall win, then get bored with me.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 22. Jan 07, 21:54

Aww, you can take 'em. Go for it! :fg: :skull: :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Gezron
x4

Post by Gezron » Mon, 22. Jan 07, 22:06

Maybe I can leapfrog to the next asteroid and then the gate...

[ external image ]

Corbzy

Post by Corbzy » Mon, 22. Jan 07, 22:26

aaaaaw i havnt had that happen for ages, infact i think its only happened once, they are so fun!! i remember, i just bought my first M3, a nova, and was flying about and the Xenon had migrated! there were pirates fighting Xenon, Pirates Fighting me, me fighting pirates, me fighting Xenon, a few weapons dealers getting in on the act, it was basically every man for himself.....has to be one of the best if not the best battle ive ever been in.................i miss it :(
Its a rock man...too technical

blilov

Post by blilov » Mon, 22. Jan 07, 22:30

I want thattt:( I will go in with my Python :twisted:

Corbzy

Post by Corbzy » Mon, 22. Jan 07, 22:33

I want thattt:( I will go in with my Python
ah dont lol, itd be so much more fun in an M3, honestly mate it was the best fight ive ever been in, and they dont come around often, dont waste it! ah i want that again.... :( :(
Its a rock man...too technical

crgray

Post by crgray » Mon, 22. Jan 07, 23:04

Well I know what I'd do.

Cue the bards

<sings>
Brave Sir Robin ran away.
Bravely ran away, away!
When danger reared its ugly head,
He bravely turned his tail and fled.
Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about
And gallantly he chickened out.
Bravely taking to his feet
He beat a very brave retreat,
Bravest of the brave, Sir Robin!
</sings>

:D

Gezron
x4

Post by Gezron » Tue, 23. Jan 07, 00:11

I didnt make it very far.

I tried to do the leapfrogging, but strafing like a maniac didnt even get me to the first asteroid.

RIP

r4yne
x3

Post by r4yne » Tue, 23. Jan 07, 00:21

I want that, Ive never encountered a Xenon patrol outside of Xenon sectors or XI missions either. CRYYYYYYYYYYYY
My Battle Fleet:
TL Elephant - Serenity (Flagship)
Talon Flight - Eclipse, Chimera, Pirate Nova Raider
M7 Hyperion - Tormentor

western
x3tc

Post by western » Tue, 23. Jan 07, 01:24

Seen that a couple of times, usually in Getsu or Menaleus's after clearing a Xenon sector above there. I think they are just trying to re-populate, poor things

Its just like a Lemming migration - and I'm the cliff!

:lol:
If things don't change, they'll stay as they are.

junj.chan
x3tc

Post by junj.chan » Tue, 23. Jan 07, 13:09

Corbzy wrote:
I want thattt:( I will go in with my Python
ah dont lol, itd be so much more fun in an M3, honestly mate it was the best fight ive ever been in, and they dont come around often, dont waste it! ah i want that again.... :( :(
Mamba Raider :twisted: (yes I am a psycho... :roll: )

Its not just a matter of starfing, you have to turn as well and most definitely dont travel in anything faintly resembleing a straight line.
If you want to fight them, and i think you should, make sure your turret is on missile defence with a MD/IRE in, PAC will do as well. Also, be prepared to switch targets a lot and dont go chasing a target thats running away, you tend to go in a straight line then...

edit: GL :wink:

Danno
x3

Post by Danno » Tue, 23. Jan 07, 14:54

I can get one of those any time I want. All I have to do is fly to Nopileos' Memorial and fly toward the gate to Xenon sector 101. They always send a welcoming wave out just about the time the gate comes within sensor range.

And they frequently send P patrols through Hatikvah's Faith (at least they do ever since I put a Silicon mine there). I'm thinking about putting 6 to 8 Lasertowers around the gate to Nopileos' Memorial to kill them as they come through. But it's kind of a nice caping opportunity, since they always have at least one LX with them (not that I've managed to get an LX to bail yet). :x

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 23. Jan 07, 15:02

Nopileos and Getsu Fune are about the only places where I see Xenon fighter swarms step out from Xenon space. Bigger amounts only in Nopileos. And only in the very early game (ver 1.4) did there were an outbreak of even close to that magnitude. These days they seem to stick near their front door. But that early day sure was fun. I had Jaguar Vanguard. Flying around a big rock to face a pair of L's and couple of their softer friends ...
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Tue, 23. Jan 07, 15:15

I think it's fun watching the Xenon fight pirates. Even saw a Teladi TS getting attacked by 3 harriers, only to get wiped out by a swarm of Ls, which then turned and killed the harriers.

I just sat back with some popcorn and enjoyed the show.

elwayno
x3

Post by elwayno » Tue, 23. Jan 07, 16:23

i once got xenon khaak and pirates in one sector
i watch pirates killing transporters xenon killing pirates a khaak cluster kills everyone then i kill the khaak ending up with 200k worth of missiles and other goodies so everyone was happy except transporters,pirates,xenon and khaak
Always one eye on the scanner and a missile ready for when its my turn to fight. khaak keep coming and i keep blasting. Thats how to survive.

Woffin
x3tc

Post by Woffin » Mon, 5. Feb 07, 19:36

Holy cahoonas :o thats a lotta Xenon!

laplace
x3

Post by laplace » Mon, 5. Feb 07, 19:45

crgray wrote:Well I know what I'd do.

Cue the bards

<sings>
Brave Sir Robin ran away.
Bravely ran away, away!
When danger reared its ugly head,
He bravely turned his tail and fled.
Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about
And gallantly he chickened out.
Bravely taking to his feet
He beat a very brave retreat,
Bravest of the brave, Sir Robin!
</sings>

:D
LOL :D

Gotta love the Pythons ^^ Never caught that last part until now :D
"Why should you go to jail for crimes someone else noticed" -Bob Loblaw

xTemon
x3tc

Post by xTemon » Mon, 5. Feb 07, 21:12

LX
L
K
N
M
M
L
LX
N
K
p
M
N
L
l

All to common!

xTemon
x3tc

Post by xTemon » Mon, 5. Feb 07, 21:30

I seem to have a problem with multiple bogies in my game, all of them.

Every time I start a new game it's really no different than the last. I fly into a new sector and encounter a mass invasion of something. I fly into an old sector and encounter a mass invasion of something else. Pirates, pirates, pirates... Xenon, Kha'ak, Split customs vessels disposing of Boron Fresh Foods Transporters :gruebel:

I don't seem to have any lack of that sort of thing, the red list that is, I usually have to scroll down a page and a half; and for those asking, no, I don't have a Race Invasions script in my game, or anything else for that matter :o

I'm working on Xtreme now and collecting all the freebies before I start the storyline; 19 or so hours game time and I've seen at least three major invasions, plus the afforementioned mindbender. I thought they were after a Yaki. It's when I decided to buy a privateering Licence :lol:

I figure it was accidental smuggling by the Boron Wessel :twisted:

Gave me an idea :D

Only the Mamba and the X101 pointy split ship to go...

I did think of the other angle, I just haven't figured out which one of the 129'600 it is :doh:; fortunately, some of those are taken care of by the presence of the asteroid, two of the others I've already found, so... that only leaves 129'600 - 2 - 4'410... 125'188 to go.

I'm gonna have fun with that one. It should only take me two, or maybe three, tries :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”