A-HEPT or MD?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

crgray

A-HEPT or MD?

Post by crgray » Tue, 23. Jan 07, 22:40

What is going to be more sensible a killing machine loadout on a Chimera, 8xA-HEPT or 8xMD?

I've currently got it loaded for capping with 4xB-PBE plus 4xMDs for emergencies, and MDs on the turrets. I just took on a vengance mission that saw me hunting down a Mammoth, 2 Centaurs and 2 Novas. Novas were't a problem but I'm really not carying a sensible loadout for taking on M6s and it took so long I called in the M7 to kill off the Mammoth

Akula87

Post by Akula87 » Tue, 23. Jan 07, 23:08

I just used 4x BPBEs and 4 AHEPTs with the two MDs in the turrets. A absolute capping machine WITH the power to nuke something bigger. I use this exact same setup on my LX but switched the MDs out for BHEPTs...

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 24. Jan 07, 10:21

As with Akula87, I'd just swap the MDs for HEPTs on the front. The PBEs will chew away the shields of a Mammoth pretty quickly (although you'll have to recharge a couple of times to do it--this would happen with ANY weapon, though) and you can then switch to HEPT to blast its hull.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”