[MOD] GidFix 2.0 - Adding docking slots to the J and Odin

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Kortako
x4

[MOD] GidFix 2.0 - Adding docking slots to the J and Odin

Post by Kortako » Thu, 25. Jan 07, 00:47

GidFix 2.0

Well, i've seen the question a LOT of times on this forum: "Is there a mod that can make the Terran Odin dockable?" I know you've seen it too.

So, I figured i'd make this thread rather than keep redirecting everyone who kept asking for the mod.

This mod was originally created by mine777. I used it in X3 1.4, and thought it was great (even though it had some bugs that made it not even work properly :D ). So, I updated (and fixed) it a while ago.

Here's what it does:

-Adds docking capabilities to the Xenon J and "nerfs" it to M1 standards (no more overly powerful 8 guns per turret)
-Adds docking capabilities to the Terran Odin
-Adds engine glows to the Xenon J, K, and P.
-Fixes a graphical error with the Kha'ak ships not showing the front node/triangle from close distances (Something I added in myself)

Here's what it doesn't do:
-Everything else mine777 posted in the original thread. Someone said they were mostly fixed, so I only kept what was needed.

Of course, most of the credit goes to mine777. Let's just say I cleaned it up.
Last edited by Kortako on Sat, 5. May 07, 04:54, edited 3 times in total.

reinhart_menken

Post by reinhart_menken » Tue, 6. Mar 07, 03:28

Is it possible that you could do the same for the Kha'ak carrier? I've capped one recently only to find out that it can't actually carry ships. And it was a nice carrier too :(

narn
x3

Post by narn » Mon, 9. Jun 08, 23:09

Hey I like this edit to the game but I have a few questions. First off your “nerf” to the xenon J concerns me because im wondering if they will now be easer for the player to attack and thus greatly reduce the threat of the xenon. Secondly the original version of this did some funky stuff to the weapons and I was wondering if this version changed anything that is not listed here. Additionally I had converted this into 12.dat because it was the only way to end a conflict with the cockpit mod and I was wondering if there is any reason you can give for this not being done.

Kortako
x4

Re: [MOD] GidFix 2.0 - Adding docking slots to the J and Odin

Post by Kortako » Mon, 9. Jun 08, 23:35

Hey narn,

As far as I know, mine777 only reduced the number of turret slots in the J. I don't think this would "greatly" impact the threat of the Xenon, it just means a few less bullets in the air. And to be honest, you're going to be dodging those PPCs whether there's 4 or 6(?, I forgot how many) turrets or 8 turrets regardless. Though like I said, I only fixed the mod; if you really want to know for sure, ask mine777.

For the second thing:
Kortako wrote: Here's what it doesn't do:
-Everything else mine777 posted in the original thread. Someone said they were mostly fixed, so I only kept what was needed.
And converting it into a false patch should work just fine as well. Just remember that any other mod that modifies the same files as this one (TShips, etc) will overwrite the mod completely, if it's a higher cat/dat number or installed as a mod. If you only have the cockpit mod, i'm pretty sure it won't conflict, but I haven't ever used it.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Tue, 10. Jun 08, 04:42

How about a mod that does all of this, without changing the turret number in the J.

I like my turrets. :)

narn
x3

Post by narn » Thu, 12. Jun 08, 21:21

Hey I re-modified this to allow the full default complement of guns for the xenon J. While I was in there I increased the speed of the L from the default 53 – 123 to 55.9 – 128.75 and the steering of the P to 10, 8, 8 (to offset its lack of turrets). I was also thinking of giving the P a rear turret with one gun. I tried this but the game will not install a weapon into the Ps turret. I was wondering if you could tell me how to do this and how to make the Kha'ak fighter/thinker spawn with the intended 3erd laser.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Mon, 16. Jun 08, 06:55

I seem to have gotten my hands on an Odin (deathmatch arena ftw?). and was wondering if this worked for existing ships?

gilboa
x4

Post by gilboa » Fri, 4. Dec 09, 01:04

Hello all,

Any idea where I can find a working download link for this mod?

- Gilboa
X2 Linux (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:R Linux w/ XTM (LGP).
Heavily modified X3:TC w/ XRM (under wine).
Heavily modified X3:AP Linux w/ XRM.
Modified X4 Linux w/ VRO.
Machine: 2 x E5-2658V2, 32G, 8TB RAID10, 1080GTX, Dell UP3216Q 4K LCD.

Kortako
x4

Post by Kortako » Sun, 21. Feb 10, 11:39

Hey guys, i've been away for a while and am just popping in a for a sec because i've been getting requests for this mod still, surprisingly.

As many have discovered, the download link has expired because I used filefront to host it 2 years ago (shame on me). Well, unfortunately, after multiple computer reformats, I'm embarrassed to say that I no longer have the mod backed up anywhere, and thus cannot re-upload it. :oops:

If anyone downloaded this and still has it and could upload it for me, i'd gladly modify the link up top so that other people can use this mod still.

However, keep in mind that this mod was made when Reunion patch 2.0 came out, and is not guaranteed to work with 2.5. If I recall correctly, 2.5 only added uplink and a few bugfixes, so it should in theory work since the mod only changes...tships? (It's been a while, sorry). However, i'm not guaranteeing anything, and at the moment I don't have time to "update" it. Regardless, this entire paragraph is moot if I don't have the files.

So, long story short: If anyone has the mod files still, please upload it and send me a link. I'd greatly appreciate it!

MASPL

Post by MASPL » Sat, 18. Sep 10, 13:52

reinhart_menken wrote:Is it possible that you could do the same for the Kha'ak carrier? I've capped one recently only to find out that it can't actually carry ships. And it was a nice carrier too :(
The same question to Kortako or anyone that can help in making the Kha'ak carrier have docking slots just like the Xenon J and Terran Odin as well ?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”