Avarice sector auction - need explaining

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

KanineLupus
x2

Avarice sector auction - need explaining

Post by KanineLupus » Mon, 29. Jan 07, 02:49

OK - I'll start by saying this is NOT a bug report or complaint of any kind, but rather a request for a general guide on the topic.

Have only recently started playing X3 (pre-version 2.0 builds were unplayable on Vista), and I keep hearing about this whole sector auction business. Have looked over my universe map and yet cannot see any sector called "Avarice" (or "Legend's Home" as I've also seen it referred to). The only hint I have seen in reference to the auction, is that it is triggered when one has over 100 Mill in the bank - which I more than have - but no love there either.

Can someone PLEASE gimme a run-down on this whole Avarice business; ie, how does one find the auction and bid for the sector, as well as its location. Have not found any guides on the subject and have to say am rather confused.

Cheers in advance guys :)

laplace
x3

Post by laplace » Mon, 29. Jan 07, 03:48

Probably not a spoiler, but just to be safe.
Spoiler
Show
For the first 3/4 game days, Avarice is simply an Unknown Sector between New Income and Montalaar.

The BBS will then start telling news about a sector soon to be auctioned away. Day 5/6, the sector will change name from Unknown Sector, to Avarice and a Teladi Trading station will spawn in the sector.

The auction will start around day 7/8 and end some days after that. Normally day 10/11. Depending on the players funds. Supposedly the auction is extended post 2.0 to allow the player more time to get the funds. The bidding will start at 50 million credits and can climb to over 1 billion.

The progress of the auction can be seen on the BBS in any station, but in order to be a part of the auction the player needs to land on the Teladi Trading Station in Avarice. If the player has enough money he/she will offered to lay in a bid.

Pre 2.0 the auction would start whenever the player's personal account reached 100 million (IIRC) or game day 7/8. Not sure if that is still a trigger.
"Why should you go to jail for crimes someone else noticed" -Bob Loblaw

billbobbybro
x3

Post by billbobbybro » Mon, 29. Jan 07, 15:48

hey i dont have 100 mil. I only have maxed at 11 mil and i already see 355 mil for alvarice on the bullitin board.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 30. Jan 07, 01:07

It doesn't matter how much cash you have. It's all about game days now. You must be several days into the game, eh? :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

rfoote
x3tc

Avarice Auction

Post by rfoote » Tue, 30. Jan 07, 17:11

Laplace-

(Quote )

For the first 3/4 game days, Avarice is simply an Unknown Sector between New Income and Montalaar.

The BBS will then start telling news about a sector soon to be auctioned away. Day 5/6, the sector will change name from Unknown Sector, to Avarice and a Teladi Trading station will spawn in the sector.

The auction will start around day 7/8 and end some days after that. Normally day 10/11. Depending on the players funds. Supposedly the auction is extended post 2.0 to allow the player more time to get the funds. The bidding will start at 50 million credits and can climb to over 1 billion.

The progress of the auction can be seen on the BBS in any station, but in order to be a part of the auction the player needs to land on the Teladi Trading Station in Avarice. If the player has enough money he/she will offered to lay in a bid.

Pre 2.0 the auction would start whenever the player's personal account reached 100 million (IIRC) or game day 7/8. Not sure if that is still a trigger.

( Unquote)

That's not how it worked in my brand new game.............

The auction started right after I completed the main missions...Normal start, picked up the abandoned ship in Menelaus' Frontier and started trading, exploring,etc. Then I went after the M7......sucess! Then I started trying to build my economic empire. Before I had 50 Mill in the bank the Auction was Over!!!

In addition the economy seems to be a bit different this time around.
The Boron are almost energy independent and there are a total of "5" SPP plants in Akeela's Beacon instead of the usual one.

Oh well, on we go......Oh, BTW I placed my HQ in Avarice!!

rfoote

fud
x3

Post by fud » Tue, 30. Jan 07, 18:06

My explanation is that it's a colossal waste of credits for no real purpose. :P

600-900M credits will buy a crapload of ships/equipment.

Corbzy

Post by Corbzy » Tue, 30. Jan 07, 18:39

i must agree with fud, i unfortunately as some of you may have read my post was ripped off, i paid a wopping 900million for absolute bull ****, honestly so not buy it, as fud said again, it will buy a crapload of ships, just use an empty unknown secotor if you want a 'base'.

Seriously not worth it, and im still recovering from the rather huge crater it left in my account grrr
Its a rock man...too technical

KanineLupus
x2

Post by KanineLupus » Wed, 31. Jan 07, 03:35

I s'pose that depends on how easy you find it to make money. Currently I'm on game-day 2 and I have over 400Mill in the bank and counting - and that's with only the Ore mine handed over in the mission plot. When you're making that kind of money, it's not such a problem. Mind you, having said that, I still wish there was a way to snap-up and heavily defend the section before the greedy little Teladi even have the CHANCE to claim and sell it - theory would have it that they can't sell what they can't have!

Here's a hint for rapid credit growth. Go into the Xenon sector and blow the crap out of their capital ships - keep an eye out for dropped capital-class weaponry and gather them up. It's not unusual for me to be selling 40-50 Gamma PPC's at your local EQ dock :D Thus I'm waiting till I complete the Bala Gi mission before I even BOTHER to really start trading ...no real need at the moment

Alienmoe
x3

Post by Alienmoe » Wed, 31. Jan 07, 11:25

@ Crayolakidd

What ship are you using to take out those capships? And where did you get the money to get it?
I <3 UTs :D

Alienmoe "But come on. You screwed up if you're dead."
Parazac "in my case, they should change the words to:
'uh oh, you just tried something silly didnt you!'"
-Talking about "The End"

Etolf
x3tc

Post by Etolf » Wed, 31. Jan 07, 11:49

fud wrote:My explanation is that it's a colossal waste of credits for no real purpose. :P

perhaps, but it is something that just HAS to be done, but only once (rather like the plot)...

pccenter
xr

Post by pccenter » Wed, 31. Jan 07, 11:59

Alienmoe wrote:@ Crayolakidd

What ship are you using to take out those capships? And where did you get the money to get it?
Spoiler
Show
The Yacht of Pontifex Maximus Paranidia is good ship for this job and it's free

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 31. Jan 07, 12:09

Etolf wrote:
fud wrote:600-900M credits will buy a crapload of ships/equipment.
perhaps, but it is something that just HAS to be done, but only once (rather like the plot)...
Not HAS, CAN. IMO, 900M worth of ships/equipment has no "real purpose" either. Like Crayolakidd says, credits can be "easy" to get. If they are, Avarice is "free". If they are not, just ignore the auction for Avarice is like any other sector: your free playground.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 31. Jan 07, 14:15

Etolf wrote:
fud wrote:My explanation is that it's a colossal waste of credits for no real purpose. :P

For you maybe. :)

Pre-2.02, the auction was elusive. It was the one last thing that had some challenge to it. After Bala Gi, it seems everybody is getting it now..

To me, there's no point, there's just nothing special about it anymore. I feel the same way about getting capital ship rank. Credits are the easiest thing to come by in this game, the main challenge was gaining rank with the races. With the advent of the charity donations, even that's been cheapened now.

I want to earn my ranks by killing. It's the only way I can keep playing. Otherwise, I'd have top ranks with each rank in a game day. [snore]

Artemis404
x3tc

Post by Artemis404 » Wed, 31. Jan 07, 16:03

You only get one chance to buy Avarice, don't you?

If so, it'll annoy me if I don't scrape together the credits for it. Better get my skates on...

aaron14
x3

Post by aaron14 » Wed, 31. Jan 07, 18:40

The Yacht of Pontifex Maximus Paranidia is good ship for this job and it's free

huh were is a this ship? is it like findin the hyperon ship?
AARON

Ezequeel

Post by Ezequeel » Wed, 31. Jan 07, 19:16

on my khaak invador game

its up to 650 million and if it has a limit to how long it stays up there currently have 12 mill i am not going bother with it. unless you cheat.
i think its kinda pointless to do that but optional fun yes on trying to buy the sector.

but the bbs mission should have a requirement for that to come up when you have all good rep with all races and have certain amount of stations runing.
just a suggestion. so you could actually have a chance on buying it and end up not wasting your money.

if you can understand what iam trying to say.

unknown_object
x3

Post by unknown_object » Wed, 31. Jan 07, 19:47

i bought avarice (or legends home as i renamed it) simply to stop the 2 messages spamming the BBS at every station i docked at.

MAD_COMMANDER
x3ap

Post by MAD_COMMANDER » Wed, 31. Jan 07, 19:57

aaron14 wrote:The Yacht of Pontifex Maximus Paranidia is good ship for this job and it's free

huh were is a this ship? is it like findin the hyperon ship?
:lol: It is a Hyperon :D

AND ITS easy to find coz you get it in Bala Gi mission

KanineLupus
x2

Post by KanineLupus » Thu, 1. Feb 07, 00:47

Alienmoe wrote:@ Crayolakidd

The Hyperion makes a good start, but after that, there are several ships that can comfortably take 'em out.

And Avarice is looking an even better trading centre with two extra gates added, connecting it to 'Akeela's Beacon' and 'Great Trench' ...either that or a great place to start a war from :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”