Mothership in Omicron Lyrae

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Wurtzel
x4

Mothership in Omicron Lyrae

Post by Wurtzel » Fri, 19. Dec 03, 04:50

Hi guys (again), am having problems with trying to work out exactly what to do after I get near the Mothership... I got the message that I should see a "mark" on my display, which I presume is that navigational beacon.
I've been able to close into within 500m of it without being able to do much; hence the question; what in hell am I supposed to be doing??? :?

P.S. To all those who answered my previous post, regarding the blackbox, thanks. As it turns out the 1.1 patch doesnt allow you to sell the hydra... :(
I THINK, SO THEREFORE I AM

Azzkicka
x3tc

Post by Azzkicka » Fri, 19. Dec 03, 05:26

you are suppose to fly within like 1-2m of the nav becon, hold your position, and it will advance to the next stage.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Fri, 19. Dec 03, 06:48

i must say, after me attempting this for about the 10th time, its DAMN HARD! i keep getting crushed by the rotating thingys on the mothership :evil:

Reven
x4

Post by Reven » Fri, 19. Dec 03, 06:50

I performed this mission in my M6 (Split Dragon). I found that getting close to the nav beacons was almost impossible in a ship this large. I was able to do it with a lot less trouble by undocking my pinnace (Teladi Harrier) and using that.
You were warned... pirates will be hunted down like vermin.

Ex Turbo Modestum

Wurtzel
x4

Post by Wurtzel » Fri, 19. Dec 03, 06:59

Thanks for all the replies, now, what is meant by holding your position?? Do you mean that I have to hold the beacon at the same range, eg, 800m while the ship is rotating or can I just fly within that range and just sit there??? (meaning that the range will differ as the ship rotates)

Thanks again...
I THINK, SO THEREFORE I AM

Buffered
x3ap

Post by Buffered » Fri, 19. Dec 03, 07:07

You really have to be right on the marker, maybe not as close as 1-2m, but you should be within around 50m or preferably less. And then stay there until the mission proceeds.

The rotating parts of the ship should be staggered. Weaving between them, taking care not to push the stick too hard, should help you get past the rotating blocks in the trench where the nav beacon is.

I'll admit it's not easy, and I still have no idea how my Teladi Harrier managed to not blow up after bouncing around half a dozen times under 10fps conditions.

ZoKHiZ

Post by ZoKHiZ » Fri, 19. Dec 03, 07:31

Hard? M5?... i goed it whit my Split dragon too, one try. thats all, i dont see the hard part on it?

hmm maybe its easier with mouse? or then i am ace pilot :)

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Fri, 19. Dec 03, 08:01

yay! eventually done it!
Spoiler
Show
well after bret's ceremony i come out of the argon one and get a "good luck" msg from bret, beyond the grave, as it were.
i ask myself the same question most ppl have asked at this stage in the game. NOW WHAT! SURELY THIS CANT BE IT!!! GOD DAMMIT!

AJ Rimmer Bsc.Ssc.

Post by AJ Rimmer Bsc.Ssc. » Sat, 20. Dec 03, 20:15

Dread wrote:yay! eventually done it!
Spoiler
Show
well after bret's ceremony i come out of the argon one and get a "good luck" msg from bret, beyond the grave, as it were.
i ask myself the same question most ppl have asked at this stage in the game. NOW WHAT! SURELY THIS CANT BE IT!!! GOD DAMMIT!
if you saw scrolling credits then yes...its game over

f`kin diabolical way to finish it off.......fab game,just devoid of content.... :cry:

STILL betting the rest of game is on a cd awaiting X2tension release.
too many blind alleys and cul de sacs in the game..

DTK

Post by DTK » Sat, 20. Dec 03, 20:29

Exactly after that attempt to bail out my father I'm told something which I couldn't understand. What Do I have to do in order to get the mission done?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”