Avarice auction

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

VincentTH
x4

Avarice auction

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 31. Jan 07, 22:35

I have been receiving the 2 BBS messages about Avarice, one saying people are bidding for it, and one with an option to bid 615,000,000CR. Lately the 2nd one disappeared. Does that mean that the auction has ended?

I am running 2.0.2 of course, and tried hard to make 615MM, but it appears that if the auction has expired, then I am making too little money.

(Please I know the merit of owning Avarice is not worth the effort put into it, but the game becomes boring otehrwise, and this is a goal I am striving for out of boredom)

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Wed, 31. Jan 07, 23:03

The auction ends on gameday 10 or 11, so check how much time's passed.

I think it gets announced when the auction ends though.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 31. Jan 07, 23:21

THe game I am on is an old 1.4 game that got converted to the BalaGi Research patch. I check the BBS at every station, and have not seen the message saying the auction has ended. However, since I can no longer bid for it, I believe the auction has indeed practically ended. I could only make 370MM out of the required 615MM!!!! and this is from an already progressed game where I had some 30+ stations before I upgraded to 2.0.2. I really wonder how I could have done it better, short of using a cheat!

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Thu, 1. Feb 07, 00:21

I wonder when I can bid. I am about 3 hours into day 7 and the current bid is the amazing amount of 75.000.000cr. About 120Mcr available.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 1. Feb 07, 00:23

The bidding will gradually creep up to 615 million. Then you can bid.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Thu, 1. Feb 07, 06:44

That should take some time. It just raised 25Mcr in 24 hours. Just another 22 days to go?

geoi
x3

Post by geoi » Thu, 1. Feb 07, 07:48

How can it cost so much? I mean i can never get that much money in that time, so i guess it means that i cant get the sector right?

Gotcha!
x3tc

Post by Gotcha! » Thu, 1. Feb 07, 08:24

It seems to me that you don't really need to have the sector; you can plant your factories in it anyway.
It's probably a nice reward for the die-hard X3 players of us who are up to the challenge of earning a huge amount of money like 615 million (and pretty much spend it to buy... nothing).
Respect to those who manage to buy Avarice without cheating. :)

pccenter
xr

Post by pccenter » Thu, 1. Feb 07, 08:38

geoi wrote:How can it cost so much? I mean i can never get that much money in that time, so i guess it means that i cant get the sector right?
In my current game Xenon help me to buy Avarice sector by "donate" me their weapons after i kill their Capital ships. :P

Etolf
x3tc

Post by Etolf » Thu, 1. Feb 07, 17:19

I dont believe in cheating, and only use SETA for large sectors (and then only 6x)

I bought Redemption (Avarice) after setting up 25 UTs, then lots of booze and drug complexes, then I set up another 15 UTs.

If you're going to do it, do it right, there is no satisfaction in doing it if you cheat.

Remember too that by leaving SETA on x10 overnight or similar, you are having say up to 80 game hours where there will be no input from the player... in that time, I would have done loads to increase my profitzzz... so for the same number of game hours, the non-cheater will almost always be ahead.

Therefore, I would suggest that as this auction has a time limit, unless you script in credits or ships, just using SETA will mean you are not likely to be able to buy Avarice.

geoi
x3

Post by geoi » Thu, 1. Feb 07, 17:24

Whats whit these UTs really? They dont make good profits atleast mine wont. With complexes the profit is minimal aswell, also killing a capital ship in an m3 is really fun an is so ridicilously slow, tho i did it once in a xenon invasion, took soo long...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”