Software Signature Scrambler

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

balrog9
x3

Software Signature Scrambler

Post by balrog9 » Fri, 2. Feb 07, 08:45

Is this only available from one certain pirate bbs? I have been to 4 now and none have it. They do have SS_WARE_SW_NEW17 for 6.3 mil, is that it? :?:

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 2. Feb 07, 08:59

The price sounds wrong, and the description most definitely is--sounds like something is not right in your game. Do you have any scripts or mods installed other than the official Bonus Pack?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 2. Feb 07, 09:40

SSS is not on trade. You must check BBS.

If you see item like 'SS_WARE_SW_NEW17' listed, then game cannot find text entry for it from the language file(s).
Corrupted or missing files.

Do you have:
System Override Software Mk2 by Cycrow
or
Cartel Shield Hacker

They use that NEW17 entry.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

balrog9
x3

System Signature Software version

Post by balrog9 » Sat, 3. Feb 07, 00:28

Neither.. The 2.01/2.02 patch, according to the readme with the patch, includes SSS.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 3. Feb 07, 01:02

Yes, the patch includes the SSS, but as jlehtone has already explained it is not available for purchase through the normal trade screen. What you are seeing is something else, probably relating to a script or mod that you have installed.

xTemon
x3tc

Post by xTemon » Sat, 3. Feb 07, 01:33

DDRS, it's got all sorts of stuff like that in it. Why I removed it from my game and reinstalled all without it.

I like the idea of new ships, just not at the cost of all sorts of bizarre entries in my game.

As far as I can tell, the mod doesn't actually work anyway; might just be the christmas bonus package I added before putting the mod in. Some kind of conflict in the xsl's or something.

The only thing I've found in the game that's a little odd is about a dozen **Undefined** things in the galaxy editor. They don't show in the game and given the effects I saw as a result of the DDRS package, probably just Unknown Objects as that is how the game tends to define some, not all, of the DDRS additions. Many are Race-name Read Text ####-##'s.

More than a little bizarre. Oddly enough, during the plot, I ended up wiping out four, or more, Paranid Unknown Objects in the final missions. I don't recall doing so, but it was a little fast-paced for taking names, just point and shoot, move to next. Took me awhile to figure out the eight lasertowers too. Only confirmed that when I saw them in the galaxy editor.

:sceptic:

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 3. Feb 07, 20:20

Okay, so I made the same stupid mistake of having a script that overwrote the text entry with "something".

If SOMETHING that's not from Egosoft is in your T-folder and contains
<t id="5783">
then most likely you will file stupid questions (like I was about to =) when the unmodified game works fine - in that regard.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

balrog9
x3

Post by balrog9 » Sun, 4. Feb 07, 01:36

Not anymore. I used to have some scripts installed for things like advanced jumpdrive, kits, targetting sensors, station upgrades from XAI, that kind of thing. I uninstalled them before installing the bonus pack. I used Cycrow's mod manager.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 4. Feb 07, 02:10

It is perfectly possible that the scripts you uninstalled did something to your savegame that simply uninstalling them could no undo. In fact this is doubly likely given the symptoms you describe. Starting a fresh game rather than loading an existing savegame would almost certainly be one solution. Other than that you are likely to be stuck with these wares unless you contact the authors of the scripts you were using and they are able to provide you with scripts to undo the effects of their original scripts.

balrog9
x3

Post by balrog9 » Sun, 4. Feb 07, 20:43

I think it's the EMP 1.4 mod that I had installed at one time. It included the 07.cat and 07.dat, which didn't exist at the time . I have up to 09 now and though I could delete 07 I am uncertain what that would do.

Klyith
x3

Post by Klyith » Sun, 4. Feb 07, 21:44

balrog9 wrote:I think it's the EMP 1.4 mod that I had installed at one time. It included the 07.cat and 07.dat, which didn't exist at the time . I have up to 09 now and though I could delete 07 I am uncertain what that would do.
#1, you do not want to delete 07.cat/dat. When you patched X3 to 1.4 it overwrote what was there, so now 07 is important files from that patch.

You could download the newest version of EMP, but I don't think it would help. SS_WARE_SW_NEW17 is not an EMP ware. It's a standard "extra" ware in the game, the only question here is how it got placed for sale in the stations in your game. Someone maybe can write a script to remove that ware from the stations for you...

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”