Script Request: New System Override Software MK3

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Ben2006
x3

Script Request: New System Override Software MK3

Post by Ben2006 » Fri, 2. Feb 07, 23:34

I thought I saw this somewhere before (maybe it was for X2). Anyhow, I was disappointed when the new "System Override" software came out for X3. In my mind a system override software should do what the name implies and not be limited to pilotless unclaimed ships. It would be nice to have an elite Cartel "Systems Override Software MK3", that enables a pirate to steal "enemy" ships without having to damage the target's hulls or reduce their shields down to nothing. You would need to maintain close proximity of within 275m while hacking their system. The time required to override the target's control system would be in proportion to the target ship's size and shield strength.
This would provide an alternative to the combat aggressive style of using an M6, millitary personnel and HAT mod. Some people may want to just use a new SOS MK3 ware script and their Nova to capture enemy capital ships. Just a thought. Would be very nice to have as an option.

Saber15
x4

Re: Script Request: New System Override Software MK3

Post by Saber15 » Fri, 2. Feb 07, 23:47

Ben2006 wrote:I thought I saw this somewhere before (maybe it was for X2). Anyhow, I was disappointed when the new "System Override" software came out for X3. In my mind a system override software should do what the name implies and not be limited to pilotless unclaimed ships. It would be nice to have an elite Cartel "Systems Override Software MK3", that enables a pirate to steal "enemy" ships without having to damage the target's hulls or reduce their shields down to nothing. You would need to maintain close proximity of within 275m while hacking their system. The time required to override the target's control system would be in proportion to the target ship's size and shield strength.
This would provide an alternative to the combat aggressive style of using an M6, millitary personnel and HAT mod. Some people may want to just use a new SOS MK3 ware script and their Nova to capture enemy capital ships. Just a thought. Would be very nice to have as an option.
I love the idea, but would the software costs upwards of two million dollars to balance it? Or be single use or it doesn't claim all the ships in a capitol ship? :)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 2. Feb 07, 23:51

i've had something like this planned as an addon for the SOS MK2 script, but i havn't gotten round to it yet, theres so many scripts and so little time.

it'll have to wait until after i have finished Xenon Wars

Dark-Venom
x3

Post by Dark-Venom » Sat, 3. Feb 07, 16:15

well id be lieing if i said i wont be using it :P

cant wait for a well needed update :lol:

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Sat, 3. Feb 07, 19:02

Someone has a very similar ship for taking over capital ships. I would think it would be easy to modify.

Ben2006
x3

Post by Ben2006 » Sun, 4. Feb 07, 00:51

The Heavy Assault Technology software (HAT) is a wonderful script and I have been using it alot. It can be used with even a Falcon to capture Super Freighters (100% success rate) right up to using any large ship against any other large ships. But, it is heavily reliant upon the size of your cargo hold ie: how many Military Personnel can fit in there. So, you cannot use a Falcon, Nova etc to capture an M6 or bigger as you simply do not have enough cargo space to transfer more than 50 or so MP into the M6+ target, which is not enough even though you have damaged the target's hull below 75 percent and keep their shields down with Ion or BPAC. So, if your game situation is such that you are an enemy with everyone (start as Enemy of State or other unsavoury character) you cannot buy an M6 and you cannot capture one either, so you become stale mated and cannot progress with your Pirate career. Anyhow, I noticed that with my Falcon, I could go into a Xenon sector and fly right into certain positions within the Capital ships ie: K's, J's etc and match movements with them in safe crannies and ware them down to capping probability but with a small cargo hold you cannot capture them with HAT. Then I started to think, it would be nice to play as an elite Pirate that jumps in, gets into these safe areas of the Capital ships hull and Teladi TL's etc and uses his elite System Override Software MK3 on the target to actually take over the ship's control, then transfer your jump drive and some EC into the target and jump the ship out into a nearby safe sector. Now you have a Capital ship (without a scratch on it) available for sale or personal use. Given that the HAT costs 65 million credits, this new SOS MK3 should be priced at 100 or 200 million credits because it is so powerful and the target ship is undamaged and worth a fortune. You just have to survive getting in and out of enemy sector etc.

I used to be very good at programming in Basic and Visual Basic and understand the concepts of scripting, but I am not in a position to start learning how to script for X3. If someone knows how to modify an existing script to create this new SOS MK3 software, that would be great.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”