Scanning scrambler?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

zdan30
x4

Scanning scrambler?

Post by zdan30 » Thu, 8. Feb 07, 16:26

Hi and ill start off by saying sorry for this post as im sure ppl will say use the search function or its been asked a trillian times,but im sure ive seen somwhere that i can purchase a scrambler so i can smuggle contriband.

Ive spent an hour searching through posts and using the search/extra search but i have to go out now for a few hours.

So if anyone has the time can they link me to a post that explains where and how i can get this peice of equipment or possibly just put it in this post.

Thanks for reading and sorry if it gets asked a billion times :D

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 8. Feb 07, 16:35

You cannot buy it in the normal way; you have to dock at a Pirate Base and check the BBS. And of course you also have to be running version 2.0.02 of the game.

geoi
x3

Post by geoi » Thu, 8. Feb 07, 16:36

There are no stupif questions :). Im not really sure what you are asking here but, you want something to cover the fact that you are smuggling things such as slaves ie.?
If thats what u mean i dont think there is anything to cover that, could be wrong tho.

zdan30
x4

Post by zdan30 » Thu, 8. Feb 07, 16:36

Thanks and sorry to ask another newb question but whats BBS?

(edit)
Also not sure it it makes any difference but im playing the trader/merchant start.

(edit number 2)

BulitinBoard ?

? being the bit i dont know

Im going to be so late but i cant help it i love this game xD
Last edited by zdan30 on Thu, 8. Feb 07, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.

laplace
x3

Post by laplace » Thu, 8. Feb 07, 16:38

Bulletin Board System IIRC. Basically X-universe news and missions, available on all stations.
"Why should you go to jail for crimes someone else noticed" -Bob Loblaw

zdan30
x4

Post by zdan30 » Thu, 8. Feb 07, 16:40

Ok thanks every one for helping

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 8. Feb 07, 16:48

laplace wrote:Bulletin Board System IIRC. Basically X-universe news and missions, available on all stations.

Or in my game, just missions, as I've removed the news. :P

Kitch
x3tc

Post by Kitch » Thu, 8. Feb 07, 17:21

The scrambler doesn't mask contraband goods.

It is a software signature scambler. It masks the system override software (which is illegal) SOS allows you to claim empty ships without having to eject from your ship.

If you're transporting slaves/weed/spacefuel you'll still get hassle if you get scanned.

Answer for contraband goods is to either not get caught, be good at running / fighting or dont carry it yourself - remotely command a freighter to do it for you.

The scrambler itself isn't bought normally. I was offered a mission on the BBS to go find a precious cargo. When I brought it back, I was offered 500,000 credits or a scrambler as my reward.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 8. Feb 07, 18:37

Kitch wrote:.....
The scrambler itself isn't bought normally. I was offered a mission on the BBS to go find a precious cargo. When I brought it back, I was offered 500,000 credits or a scrambler as my reward.
It's also offered in a standalone message, for something like a million+ credits. That's where I got mine. But that message is also rare. Sounds like you got a good deal, though. :D
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Kitch
x3tc

Post by Kitch » Sat, 10. Feb 07, 22:13

Nanook wrote:
Kitch wrote:.....
It's also offered in a standalone message, for something like a million+ credits. That's where I got mine. But that message is also rare. Sounds like you got a good deal, though. :D
Best mission I've been on too.

Got a sector to go look in, got detailed location from a scan of the item's location and then had to beat off every lowlife scumbag who also wanted it. And they were pretty tough too.

A really good BBS mission, and 500 grand isnt too shabby either (same as a medium/high assassination mission)

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 11. Feb 07, 08:11

It might be the same as an assassination mission if you have a fairly low combat rank, but even at Warlord you start getting paid 2-3 million credits for an assassination (target at that level will be a TL, two M6s and two M3s).

Kitch
x3tc

Post by Kitch » Sun, 11. Feb 07, 11:55

Assassinations must go off your race rank too.

I'm combat ranked Assassin, but when I get Teladi ones or Paranid ones (my lowest race ranks) I'm still only getting 500k ish for them.

crgray

Post by crgray » Sun, 11. Feb 07, 12:03

fud wrote:
laplace wrote:Bulletin Board System IIRC. Basically X-universe news and missions, available on all stations.

Or in my game, just missions, as I've removed the news. :P
Does that mean you don't get the Pandora one either?

western
x3tc

Post by western » Sun, 11. Feb 07, 21:36

Managed to find mine after hours of looking, cost 1.74Mil. Worth every cent!
If things don't change, they'll stay as they are.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”