How to use Mobile Drilling on Hercules (TL)?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

gomle

How to use Mobile Drilling on Hercules (TL)?

Post by gomle » Sun, 11. Feb 07, 12:22

Hi everyone

The Hercules (TL) ship says it is possible to mount a Mobile Drilling system on its front turret to smash asteroids...but how do I use it when it is not possible to manually fire the turrets or pick what turret to fire...or is possible, then how?

I mounted the Mobile Drilling system on front turret, and tried to use the mouse fire button to smash some asteroids, but it would not work.

It work on the Centaur, but I want to use Hercules as I have the idea that the MD laser will recharge much faster on Hercules than on Centaur, thus letting me work more faster?

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Sun, 11. Feb 07, 12:56

press F1 to cycle through turrets...

gomle

Post by gomle » Tue, 13. Feb 07, 12:57

Thanks for helping. I tried F1 and at least that let me fire the turret manually, but....it's a bit stupid to have to to move the Hercules backwords towards the asteroids I want to smash. Then I can only hit a few before I have to hit F1 again to manouver the Hercules to another position, then hit F1 to see if the position is right, then if not I have to hit F1 again to change position, back on F1, hit a few asteroids, and do all over again...etc etc.

Isn't there an easier way to use the MB on Hercules?

Kitch
x3tc

Post by Kitch » Tue, 13. Feb 07, 13:08

Caiman Tankers from the Split shipyard in Cho's Defeat make much better mining ships.

6000+ cargo space and smaller / more manueverable than the Hercules.

Or, just use missiles or big lasers to blast asteroids with.

Akula87

Post by Akula87 » Tue, 13. Feb 07, 13:08

Don't use it. Go through pirate alley and pick up some Hornets/ Hurricanes. One Hornet will break the largest of 'roids and 1-3 hurricanes will do the same. It's MUCH easier to mobile mine that way and ALOT cheaper than buying a MDD. Buy a small(er) TS/TP and equip with an ore collecter and make sure your Oddy has a transporter device. With the special command software make the TS pick up the rocks, when it gets full, transfer load to ur Oddy... obviously use turrets on the Oddy or a smaller fighter to break up the rest of the rocks so they are collectable. Now if sitting and mobile minning for hours is your thing that technique should help you out because it is quicker. The "best" (my gameplay method) is to set the TS to collect the roids, when it's bay gets full, I jump back in sector and transfer the load to something bigger and then go and do whatever I want ( scout new 'roids or what not)

*edit* wherever I said "oddy" replace with Hercules lol

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”