bPBE's, the Split, and Boron

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vertigo_Edge

bPBE's, the Split, and Boron

Post by Vertigo_Edge » Sun, 11. Feb 07, 16:01

I've been playing X3 for ~1 game day- I just capped an Xenon LX M3+, and I'm planning to fit it out with 6 aHEPT's (2 in the turrets) and 4 pPBE's. I have a good ranking with Argon so the HEPT's weren't a problem, but the bPBE's are. I've heard the Boron and Split guys have them, but I haven't the rep. What's the best way to get them to love you [enough to get the weapons]? Will assassination missions work well for this? Also, I'd prefer that you didn't have to kill their political rival, unless it's those damn Teladi. The world needs less Teladi Weapons Dealer Falcon Vangaurd Alpha's anyway =p

Oh, and my favorite pirate-hunting sector just got intresting. 2 Kakhi Destroyers and some Yaki. Can I take on a Destroyer? I've heard of a guy who did it in an LX after 3 game days, but he probably had PBE's and I don't. Is it worth it or am I crazy? The Yaki I don't mind much, but I can definitly remove them from the sector/world. They didn't show as enemies so I saw blue squares turning red and I thought the Destroyer 25km away was attacking them with ICBM's or something. Ran like heck =p

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Sun, 11. Feb 07, 16:46

The best ways to gain reputation are :

- high level assassination missions , depending on the giver and target races. Ignore low-paid ones.

- Xenon invasions, depending on the invaded sector

- since the last patch you can find a special BBS to pay to grow your reputation up, depending on the race sector. This can ruin your game, be careful.
Right on commander !

Vertigo_Edge

Post by Vertigo_Edge » Sun, 11. Feb 07, 21:09

Xenon invasions? You mean killing the ones that attack in a race's sector? Right now I'm thinking of jumping to Menelaus's Paradise and try to hunt down the Xenon there. Are there any better capping/pirate-full sectors in Boron or Split territory?

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Sun, 11. Feb 07, 22:52

XI are (rare) BBS mission offered in sectors close to a Xenon sector. Basically a huge swarm of hostile ships (including J/K at higher combat levels) jump in a defined sector. You get a large amount of money and a bonus of reputation for helping destroying the invaders.

But just the massive number of ships make the difference. A "typical" XI with a J will involve over 100 xenon fighters (in waves), no need to search. By the way, if you overestimated your machine and set too high settings the game will lag.
Right on commander !

Kitch
x3tc

Post by Kitch » Mon, 12. Feb 07, 00:01

Geek wrote:since the last patch you can find a special BBS to pay to grow your reputation up, depending on the race sector. This can ruin your game, be careful.
How does it do this? I've paid about 1-1.5 mill to each BBS, just cos I thought they were fun.

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Mon, 12. Feb 07, 01:34

I just mean that : it's easy to earn money after some point, so not paying to increase your reputation can keep the feeling of challenge. Of course it is up to each player to make its goals and rules.
Right on commander !

Vertigo_Edge

Post by Vertigo_Edge » Mon, 12. Feb 07, 03:13

Geek wrote:XI are (rare) BBS mission offered in sectors close to a Xenon sector. Basically a huge swarm of hostile ships (including J/K at higher combat levels) jump in a defined sector. You get a large amount of money and a bonus of reputation for helping destroying the invaders.

But just the massive number of ships make the difference. A "typical" XI with a J will involve over 100 xenon fighters (in waves), no need to search. By the way, if you overestimated your machine and set too high settings the game will lag.
Aah okay, thanks. Sounds like fun.

I had an idea- if I go into an Xenon sector next to a Boron one, piss a lot of them off (I'm rather good at that), get them all to give chase to me and run through the gate, will they follow? I could then kill them in Boron territory and that would be a nice way to gain rank, however I'm not sure if they'll decide to go through the gate behind me.

Joshua_Dahl
x3

Post by Joshua_Dahl » Mon, 12. Feb 07, 06:44

I have never had xenon follow me through the gate. As far as I know, they wont follow.

Akula87

Post by Akula87 » Mon, 12. Feb 07, 06:48

Never had them follow me through a gate- and I have been in my share of Xenon sectors ( cleared, completely, I think 4 so far). That would be a GREAT idea for egosoft though. Although, when I was in Black Hole Sun, after cleaning out the Xenon Sector North of it... a line of Ms and LXs came through heading back to that Xenon sector from the West... IDK if this was random (it wasn't a patrol becuse it had no P and they did not fire on until I jumped them) or they were going to repopulate the sector, or what...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”