Avarice (yes, again.. im sorry)... and economics

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Pyre
x3ap

Avarice (yes, again.. im sorry)... and economics

Post by Pyre » Mon, 12. Feb 07, 10:01

Howdy all,

Just grabbed myself Avarice for 780 mil... ouch. Anyway, i have the following stations/complexes in Avarice:

1x Crystal less SPP (yes yes, im horrible, i know :P )
1x Drug complex (Weed+fuel for the nearby Pirate base in New Income)
1x Teladianium/BoGas Complex
1x Weapons Complex (planned anyway, all i have there atm is a AHEPT)

Now, down to business:
Ive always wanted my home sector to be bustling with trade, but carefully examined, the surrounding sectors of Avarice are quite....crappy... when it comes to opportunities (which is where you fine folks come in). So i just wanted to ask, what products would make a killing in that area?

There are just soo many food facts, that jumping into that industry (which is what i usually do) seems pointless, and there arent enough EQ docks to make weapons viable. The only opportunity i could spot was the need for BoGas and telaium in New Income and Ceo's Doubt (i think).

Also, while the drug labs are making money..ish... i just wanted to know:
The nearby pirate base is red, and obviously, im not friends with the pirates... will they still come and buy from me? or do i have to deliver to their door? (ive got AI competitors installed, so atm, they are stealing all my weed!)

Finally, are there any good fact opportunities with the split? Im hoping to add a GPPC fact to my weapons complex, so relations need to be mended... but... all of their territorties seem to be well supplied with food, ore, weapons... you name it ><

The help is MUCH appreciated,

cheers

Pyre

[Edit: Oops, one more question... this game is in a custom universe...would that specific universe be suffering from a glut of everything? Everytime i check a factory in a new sector... resources = full, products = full... me thinks this is not good for the budding Empire builder :( ]
Last edited by Pyre on Mon, 12. Feb 07, 14:22, edited 1 time in total.

Etolf
x3tc

Post by Etolf » Mon, 12. Feb 07, 12:05

congratulations on Avarice... did you rename it? I've called it Redemption, but very few people seem to rename it, I cant understand why, it seems that is one of the few things that you get for buying it! (and before anyone says it's not worth it, it's worth it to do it, to know you've done it, like doing the plot, you only do that once!)

I've got a light shield factory in Great Trench that does well.. I also have some fabs in Light of Heart... but I haven't built in Redemption as I dont want slow down in My HQ sector.

Family Pride is a good Split sector to build in... I have a large shield complex there that is always sold out.. and they always seem to be short of Rastar there too, so a Rastar complex usually makes good credits too...

ennokT
x4

Post by ennokT » Mon, 12. Feb 07, 12:24

in relation to the questions you had about pirates:

Even if they're red to you they'll still buy your stuff. They'll send out merchants that will buy it. I have 3 drug labs as you call them and they all do a killing no matter what the local pirates think.

Pyre
x3ap

Post by Pyre » Mon, 12. Feb 07, 14:21

ennokT wrote:in relation to the questions you had about pirates:

Even if they're red to you they'll still buy your stuff. They'll send out merchants that will buy it. I have 3 drug labs as you call them and they all do a killing no matter what the local pirates think.
Right, thought so... thanks. (although my sector patrols might mean i need my own transports anyway)

@Etolf,

Ive renamed my Peridition's End, but its just easier to call it Avarice, since everyone knows what im talking about. Few people also think the sector's worth the effort, so they just ignore the auction :D
Ive thought about the Rastar there, with all the high end stuff, but everytime i check, they are full on resources... so yeah >_>
Maybe my universe just needs a kickstart on consuming the products

BobaNAX
x3

Post by BobaNAX » Mon, 12. Feb 07, 16:59

the best way to get the cash flowing (especially with crystal free SPP's) is to get a bunch of transporters, and tell them to sell the goods for the best price..
dont wait for the AI to come by, start selling yourself, you'll usually end up getting more money than you would get from the AI (as your transports can sell it for prices above the average price.. they AI wont buy it from ya at above-average prices)

Joshua_Dahl
x3

Post by Joshua_Dahl » Mon, 12. Feb 07, 17:44

With 3 EQ docks 2 sectors away, i would expect weapons to do nicely. You may have to manually sell the goods though...

Etolf
x3tc

Post by Etolf » Tue, 13. Feb 07, 10:08

Pyre,
have you got many UTs? UTs are often a good way to stimulate the economy in a universe that is a bit stagnant...

Pyre
x3ap

Post by Pyre » Tue, 13. Feb 07, 10:53

Etolf
I only have the one, but thats a good idea, although the AI competitors should be doing the job ><

Im not really fussed about making money (although more money is always good) i just want to turn Avarice into a bustling sector :D

and yes... there are 2 EQs... weapons should be alright... i hear 1MJ shields are a good investment :P

Ta for everyone's help though

:D
Cheers

artantix

Post by artantix » Tue, 13. Feb 07, 14:35

Do you need to own Avarice to build in it....or can you go ahead and put factories etc in and not need to buy the sector at all...?

Good Flying........ :)
Search your heart...and you will find the comfort of Darkness there...

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 13. Feb 07, 14:39

You don't need to own any OTHER sector in the game to build there--Avarice is no different.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”