System Override software

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Valkarie
x3

System Override software

Post by Valkarie » Wed, 14. Feb 07, 18:57

Now i know this is illegal but i just bought it to c what it wud be like, how do i use it?
Cannons to the left of them, cannons to the right of them, cannons to the front of them vollied and thundered

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 14. Feb 07, 19:05

After a pilot bails out, target the ship and fly to within 40-50m of it. Access the ship's command console, piracy>claim ship.

I also think you can do it hitting "i" while the ship is targetted too.

Valkarie
x3

Post by Valkarie » Wed, 14. Feb 07, 19:07

If that's true how come its illegal then? coz to me it doesnt seem illegal.
Cannons to the left of them, cannons to the right of them, cannons to the front of them vollied and thundered

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 14. Feb 07, 19:09

You're asking the wrong person mate. That's a question for the lads/lasses that wrote the game. ;)

Sirus5
x4

Sos

Post by Sirus5 » Wed, 14. Feb 07, 19:11

The SOS allows you to claim ships without having to spacewalk.

Opinion is divided on this one, some people say "Get out and Walk", others say it's much quicker.

When you have Induced someone to "Vacate" their ship, it belongs to noone until you enter it and reset the computer to obey you.. With the SOS, you can reset the computer from your ship without having to do that spacewalk. HOWEVER, you still have to be around 30m away.

When you have a vacant ship selected, press I and fly towards it, when you get to around 30m (VERY close), you will see the little icon "Claim" appear and you can then claim it.

I foudn it very useful in the Disrupter fab mission where you were not allowed to eject from your ship and I would have had tons of Yaki M4's and M5's sitting there all over the place which I had managed to render vacant.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”