Best Weapon? X3: Reunion

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Phantompr56

Best Weapon? X3: Reunion

Post by Phantompr56 » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 01:20

in x3 what is the best weapon in the game?
The Phantom

Etolf
x3tc

Post by Etolf » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 01:22

what for? all the weapons have different uses...

Phantompr56

Post by Phantompr56 » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 01:23

accuracy and damage. aka kill things, and a weapon for a big ship like the titan, etc.
The Phantom

mbthegreat
x3tc

Post by mbthegreat » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 01:48

cant beat bhepts on an m7

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 02:25

For big (slow) things what mbthegreat said but if you need more range then PPC's.

For smaller (and faster) foes PBE's - I just love the LX ;-)

Cheers Euclid

Andaius

Post by Andaius » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 05:24

I personally like PAC's you can't beat then for utility and all round punch. They can eat up fighter and put some hurt on capitals(in large numbers) they also have good ROF and projectile speed.

philip_hughes
x3tc

Post by philip_hughes » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 06:56

I think pbe's.

Just cause they can kill a cap ship or a fighter. usually can be mounted on an m4.

But on this topic there will be a few different opinions.
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

Wolfmatyr

Post by Wolfmatyr » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 07:24

I'm going to go with Mouse and keyboard. Just because your question is so vague and I know this answer is going to pop up at least once.

If I were in an LX I would use AHEPT/BPAC loadout, if I were in my Xperimental Shuttle I would use AFLAKs (thank you cycrow for that assasination script, love being able to cap rare, randomly generated ships with weak willed pilots)

Wesley Franken
x4

Post by Wesley Franken » Sat, 24. Feb 07, 12:25

I think for destruction is the BEMPC (Beta Electro Magnetic Pulse Canon) from the Terran race the best, I use it on my ships, but you need to program a ship that can carry it, because the only ship that can use it is the Terran Battleship.

For fighting fighters, the Gamma Kyon Emitter is the best, because you will almost never miss.

Greetings WJRF

crgray

Post by crgray » Sat, 24. Feb 07, 12:30

Phantompr56 wrote:accuracy and damage. aka kill things, and a weapon for a big ship like the titan, etc.
For accuracy: PBE or Kyon
For damage: GPPC

In X there is no "best", only best for a specific task.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 24. Feb 07, 12:36

Here are my nominations for the Brennan awards :)

Best Capital defense weapon - FAA
Best Capital offense weapon - PPC
Best Fighter defense weapon - MD
Best Fighter offense weapon - tie between PBE and CIG
Best Anti-Khaak Cluster weapon - PSG/IonD combo
Best all round offense weapon - HEPT
Best all round defense weapon - tie between PAC and IRE
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Tiedyeguy
x4

Post by Tiedyeguy » Sat, 24. Feb 07, 14:07

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:Best Fighter offense weapon - tie between PBE and CIG
Have you loaded an M3, M3+, or M7 with all CIGs up front? how well does that work? I would think you hit them once and their shields are recharged by the time you catch up to them again :twisted:

Cedrk
x3tc

Post by Cedrk » Sat, 24. Feb 07, 14:19

8 BIRE :lol:

Snus
x3tc

Post by Snus » Sat, 24. Feb 07, 14:56

I really think the Beta FAA is the alround best weapon :)
You have no problem taking out TL's M6's the only ship type they isnt designed for is M1 M2..

Before i installed a weapon changer script and was out pirate base hunting :) I mostly didnt bother to change from FAA to PPC's but they did a good job anyway :)

Oh yeah Pyton rules :wink:

Cith
x3tc

Post by Cith » Sat, 24. Feb 07, 16:16

The mass driver is great when you have alot of ships equipped with it. You can't cap ships with it though (unless the shields are down already). Having swarms with mass driver equipped novas, or even busters are effective. I don't have much experience OOS fighting with those, I'm sure there are better weapons for that.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man how to fish and he'll eat yours.

Andaius

Post by Andaius » Sat, 24. Feb 07, 17:23

The only problem with lots of NPC Mass Drivers is the Friendly fire repair bill afterwards. If you don't mind that it's not bad.

Daveofthewood
x3

Post by Daveofthewood » Sat, 24. Feb 07, 18:19

PBE's best weapon in the game?!?!?!?!?!? (b@@@ocks) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :o ooooooooooooooooo ok im ok, For fighters Flak Artillery all the way (though some of the panzies on this forum will tell you its too loud), for capital ships GPPC's (or any other PPC's) except no imitations!!!!
Too close for missiles, switching to guns

Saber15
x4

Post by Saber15 » Sat, 24. Feb 07, 20:25

I think the PAC is the best well-rounded weapon, it's like bread and butter put into a laser deathray. Good for taking out all types of ships except those blasted pirate harriers, and on the Hyperion you can fire for a long time before needing to recharge. :)
Plus almost all ships can use it, although it chews through their energy supply. :x

Spoiler
Show
If you want INSANE firepower, use the Beta electromagnetic plasma somethingsomething on the Terran Odin M1, it tears through stations in under a minute usually. But the Odin is the only ship that can carry the Beta, all the other ships can only use the Alpha, and only Terran ships can even use them.

charles1

;)

Post by charles1 » Tue, 15. Dec 09, 05:08

for me the best weapon is the weapon that can kill directly the enemy.

Rive
x3tc

Post by Rive » Tue, 15. Dec 09, 09:48

BPAC or AHEPT for me. Two HEPT can cripple a fast M5 for one shot if you know when to fire and the second shot will kill it if it not bailed.
Four of them do the same with any M4 and eight of them can empty the laser energy to the space fast enough and then you can turn around before anything nasty can come close.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”