CIG's and my LX

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vertigo_Edge

CIG's and my LX

Post by Vertigo_Edge » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 06:00

Can Xenon LX's carry Comcussion Impulse Generators? I heard that "most" M3's and M3+'s can. Some silly Boron dropped one for me, and if they're good I think I'll go hunting for the free ones.

Also, if they can't, is there a script that I can use to ONLY allow the LX to carry CIG's and change nothing else? Should I head over to the scripting department?

Thanks in advance.

n00bln

Post by n00bln » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 06:07

If you click on your ship and then click the "u" button it will bring up your ships properties. A list of all the weapons it can carry is underneath. If it has concussion impulse generator, then it can, if it doesn't then it can't.

philip_hughes
x3tc

Post by philip_hughes » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 06:57

I dont think the LX can. sorry.
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

Wolfmatyr

Post by Wolfmatyr » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 07:17

LXs cannot, they can only carry A/BIREs, A/BPACS, AHEPTs (with BHEPTs on the turrets) and A/BPBEs.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 08:32

Why don't you actually try out the CIGs on a ship that can carry them before going to all the trouble of modifying an LX to carry them? You might well decide they're rubbish and not worth the effort, but it'll be too late to remove the dreaded MODIFIED tag from your game by then...

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 10:30

If you want a CIG casrrying LX there is always the Eclipse :D
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

western
x3tc

Post by western » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 10:43

Aaaah, the dreaded Argon Powder Puff rears its ugly head again!
If things don't change, they'll stay as they are.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 11:58

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:If you want a CIG casrrying LX there is always the Eclipse :D
Or the Chimera

Dont think they do much damage but they do knock your target off course, so installing one is useful because while you are tearing him to bits he cant successfully target you.

I havent tried a full load of CIGs yet, so dont know how effective in combination they are, might try it out for capping.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 12:09

alt3rn1ty wrote: Dont think they do much damage but they do knock your target off course, so installing one is useful because while you are tearing him to bits he cant successfully target you.
Trouble is, you can't easily target him either because he's jumping around all over the place as the CIG bolts hit him!

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 12:13

Switch off targeting 'Use the force Luke', lots more fun

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 13:55

CIG's are like underpowered MOO2 Gyro Destablisers. In X3 the CIG seem more fun than serious firepower though. Still I havn't tried them out on an M2 yet might keep the fighters from getting clean attack runs knocking them off vector hopefully allowing Shockwaves and Flak to have their wicked way with them? Look forward to trying this out!
Beyond 'X' Far future (Fanfic): BkI BkII BkIII

Never more than 98.8 percent sure about anything.
98.8 percent sure that anyone who is 100 percent certain needs re-educating for the sake of humanity.

Vertigo_Edge

Post by Vertigo_Edge » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 15:15

n00bln wrote:If you click on your ship and then click the "u" button it will bring up your ships properties. A list of all the weapons it can carry is underneath. If it has concussion impulse generator, then it can, if it doesn't then it can't.
The problem is it's not listed anywhere. I checked all the lists, even the complete one with electro-mag cannons and Kyons doesn't contain it. And I sold the one I had thinking it was a Kha'ak weapon.

I can't get a Chimera/Medusa/M7, I'm only 1 game-day into the game. 3 Merc traders, 1.2 mil and my LX, I think the 3rd mission (Teladi trading station)

I read a post about how they're designed for long and continous battering of capital ships from long-distance (it was a very long post) and I'm kinda intrested in getting one.

Also, if I backup the text file the script modifies (or something, I have no idea how to mod the game) I can always undo it, correct?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 15:59

If the CIG isn't listed in your ship's information page then your ship can't fit it--the key underneath the coloured bar chart only lists the guns that the ship can actually use.

KipperTheFish
x3tc

Post by KipperTheFish » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 16:47

And here was me thinking this subject was done to death.
And the usual outcome of these threads is.............CIG's, good for a giggle, much better to sell.
Pushing up the anti, I know you're gonna see me, Read 'em and weep, The deadman's hand again.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”