Remote Guided Warhead?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mobius R
x3tc

Remote Guided Warhead?

Post by Mobius R » Tue, 20. Feb 07, 22:47

Yeah, ok. How the heck do I fly this thing? It's called "remote guided" but it isn't working. :evil: I've tried switching to the monitor view (by pressing F4) but even when I have that monitor selected, I can't fly the warhead. Please help!

Fresshness

Re: Remote Guided Warhead?

Post by Fresshness » Wed, 21. Feb 07, 11:17

Mobius R wrote:Yeah, ok. How the heck do I fly this thing? It's called "remote guided" but it isn't working. :evil: I've tried switching to the monitor view (by pressing F4) but even when I have that monitor selected, I can't fly the warhead. Please help!
the trick is: you have to guide it remotly

RayvenQ

Post by RayvenQ » Wed, 21. Feb 07, 11:56

Fresshness, thats not helpful at all, so why even bother to post, you should have told him HOW he guides it remotely
Away, away in time
Every dream's a journey away
Away to a home away from care
Everywhere's just a journey away
Fanfic - X Unknown
[url=irc://irc.gamesurge.net/x3station]X3 International IRC Station[/url] - Feel Free to join.

Fresshness

Post by Fresshness » Wed, 21. Feb 07, 18:46

RayvenQ wrote:you should have told him HOW he guides it remotely
Now that's obvious: press the button

Sirus5
x4

Button

Post by Sirus5 » Wed, 21. Feb 07, 18:51

Button, what button?

Andaius

Post by Andaius » Wed, 21. Feb 07, 20:52

To my knowledge there is no remotely GUIDED missile, however there is a remotely detonated missile. All you do is hit the launch button again to explode it.

Dragoongfa
x4

Post by Dragoongfa » Wed, 21. Feb 07, 20:55

There is a remotely guided warhead (someone hasn't read the manual) its just rare (where exactly did you find it anyway...

Andaius

Post by Andaius » Wed, 21. Feb 07, 20:57

I've been playing since 1.2 and there is no such thing as I've seen. Also the manual is flat out wrong in many places(the paper one).

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 21. Feb 07, 21:12

It's in TMissiles/wares, but is unused by anything in the game. It's another leftover/extra that never got utilized.

Cith
x3tc

Post by Cith » Wed, 21. Feb 07, 22:06

Yup, ze Aurora missile is a remotely detonated missile.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man how to fish and he'll eat yours.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 13:51

That it is, but the RGW is also a separate entity in TMissiles, but is unused.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 19:20

It should be no problem to script a remotely guided warhead.
You basically need only one line.

[PLAYERSHIP] -> destroy without explosion: FALSE

This is to trigger it.
Before that you can use all the normal flight controls.

I think that would meet the sepcifications.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Klyith
x3

Post by Klyith » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 19:40

Gazz wrote:It should be no problem to script a remotely guided warhead.
You basically need only one line.
Nah mate, we need at least four:

Code: Select all

001  $roulette = random value from 0 to 6 -1
002  skip if not $roulette == 0
003    [PLAYERSHIP] -> destruct: show no explosion=[FALSE]
004  return null
:D
You could get some added realism value by putting in play sound commands for "click!" and "bang!", but we don't want to get too bloated.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 19:58

That reminds me...

The explosion would be relatively wimpy that way.
I would call my Global Thermonuclear War script for that part.
Looks pretty nice, too.

The eventual outcome is pretty much the same at point blank range.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

ahddib
x4

wow, most of you guys are really unhelpful

Post by ahddib » Sun, 22. May 11, 07:59

I can't believe a simple and honest question like the OP's would be trolled like this. What a bunch of pricks you guys are. (you'll know if you're a prick or not determined via whether you are offended or not.)

OP, I can't figure out how to control it, however I DID control one once. When I did so, it disabled all ship control. I have absolutely no idea how I did it, but it happened only the very first time i launched that type of missile. I've been trying off and on now since then. I was able to fly anti turret fire patterns and made contact with the M6's hull with ease.

Wish I could be more help.

Ahddib

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Re: wow, most of you guys are really unhelpful

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Sun, 22. May 11, 08:09

ahddib wrote:I can't believe a simple and honest question like the OP's would be trolled like this. What a bunch of pricks you guys are. (you'll know if you're a prick or not determined via whether you are offended or not.)

OP, I can't figure out how to control it, however I DID control one once. When I did so, it disabled all ship control. I have absolutely no idea how I did it, but it happened only the very first time i launched that type of missile. I've been trying off and on now since then. I was able to fly anti turret fire patterns and made contact with the M6's hull with ease.

Wish I could be more help.

Ahddib
Digging up a thread that's been dead for over 4 yrs doesn't really qualify as help. :roll:

pjknibbs
x4

Re: wow, most of you guys are really unhelpful

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 22. May 11, 08:16

ahddib wrote:I can't believe a simple and honest question like the OP's would be trolled like this. What a bunch of pricks you guys are. (you'll know if you're a prick or not determined via whether you are offended or not.)
Three things:

a) A Remote Guided Warhead in X3TC cannot be controlled remotely--it's self-guided just like all other missiles.

b) This thread is four years old and therefore applies to X3R, where the RGW didn't actually exist in an unmodded game anyway. Please don't resurrect ancient threads.

c) Since you chose to insult everyone else in this thread, I'm giving you an official warning for doing so.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”