AFlaks vrs Xenon P

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Paranoid66
x3tc

AFlaks vrs Xenon P

Post by Paranoid66 » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 04:05

Was caught off guard earlier today in 347. I was in my ODY and busy taking out a J when I realised a P had crept right up on my right hand side. Having had a series of run in's earlier with an assortment of K's J's L's M's and LX's my shield where at I would say less than 40 percent so I got a little worried that my winning streak might be about to go horribly pear shaped.

Swinging my ship around thinking to get the BPPC's at the front on the offender I was surprised when a bunch of my AFLAK's opened up instead. The P was a bit too close for his own good at least 8 AFLAK's ripped the sucker apart in seconds much to my surprise!

Knew these where good against fighters but never expected alphas would be so deadly against an M6, mind you I guess it was a fluke that he came in so close.

Anybody else used AFLAK's against bigger targets.
Beyond 'X' Far future (Fanfic): BkI BkII BkIII

Never more than 98.8 percent sure about anything.
98.8 percent sure that anyone who is 100 percent certain needs re-educating for the sake of humanity.

Akula87

Post by Akula87 » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 04:09

Hahaha yea. Somtimes I take my Python witin a few hundred meters of a K or J and let the BFAA hit them. Takes sheilds down in SECONDS and the hull is gone before you know it. If I am really lazy, I just ram them at around 75% hull. A Xenon P only has (if I remember correctly) 2 x 125 MJ sheilds... not that much for such a large target.

philip_hughes
x3tc

Post by philip_hughes » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 05:44

Yeah... P's open up like a can of... well.. peas. Glad to see your run didn't end as tragically as you thought :D
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

JTressy
x3

Post by JTressy » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 07:39

Doing an XI and my GPPCs were spraying all over the place trying to hit fighters (only had them on the front but was about 5-6km away). They hit the station all the Xenon were dancing round and turned it red. Got a bit closer and starting killing of the M3/M4s, then realised there weren't any more but FLAKs were still booming all around. Hit external view and saw a good 10-12 of them pasting the station, which unfortunately didn't last that long :(

Gave my Boron rep a bit of a hit, went down from 3rd or 4th highest rank to barely able to dock in one go! Finishing the mission brought it right back up though and got 34mil so I'm still happy!
Core 2 Duo E6420 - 2.13GHz
Sparkle X1950XT PCI-E 256MB
2GB PC5300 CL5
ASRock PT880 Ultra ATX
WD 200GB SATA
Win XP Pro

teladianium
x3

Post by teladianium » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 08:05

when taking assass. missions against a TL and several M6s the AFlaks on the Titan will rip up Ospreys if you strafe towards them while bring the front turrets to bear on another.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 08:15

M6s only have some 125MJ shields--some fighters have the same (Falcon Sentinel has 2x125), so it isn't too surprising that FLAKs hurt them almost as much as they do fighters.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 11:10

pjknibbs wrote:(Falcon Sentinel has 2x125)
Sure about that ? AFAIK only ONE falcon has the twice the 125MJ-shield, the one and only and crappy slow Falcon found in an unknown sector ;)

maverick82
x3

Post by maverick82 » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 11:25

zazie wrote:
pjknibbs wrote:(Falcon Sentinel has 2x125)
Sure about that ? AFAIK only ONE falcon has the twice the 125MJ-shield, the one and only and crappy slow Falcon found in an unknown sector ;)
:roll:
That is the Falcon Santinel...
You can obtain a fleet of them...
Spoiler
Show
... with the HQ reenginering feature
Do you know the one -- "All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by..."
The ship is yours, you can feel her... and the stars are still there.

~~~
:star: James T. Kirk, stardate 4729.4

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 11:59

Speaking of Falcons took a fair bit of shield damage because of a pirate Falcon and two buddies while undertaking the above Xenon action. I was about mid sector. Had cleared all the immediate reds and realised I was taking damage. For a second was utterly confused then checked the nav map and discovered these pirates boldly attacking me mid Xenon sector. I guess earlier anti pirate activities had really messed with their heads!

My Friend Foe had slipped into pirate good guys from when I last left the ship so my turrets where ignoring them. A quick remedy of this and again the AFLAK's took out the Falcons buddies pretty sharpish. However the Falcon had moved towards the front of my ship still with BPPC and the order of attack my target. Changed out some weapons in the front and ordered it to attack all enemies. The Falcon perished from a mixture of AFLAKS and BPBE's which looked pretty impressive from the cockpit!

A warning in this one. Pays to check your friend foe status after you change ship. I usually always do but on this occasion I was so busy putting energy cells in the ODY and reconfiguring the weapons prior to jump that I forgot!

98.8 percent sure that anyone who is 100 percent certain needs re-educating for the sake of humanity.

Daveofthewood
x3

Post by Daveofthewood » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 12:26

Well i was clearing 347 (again.....) with my Python and there was a Xenon K right by the gate i jumped in from (literally 2k away!), managed to strafe and PPC his sheilds down but since i have Beta and Alpha flak everywhere else they were the only things that could attack it. To say they destroyed it was an understatement (imagine the new battlestar galactica as a Cylon Basestar gets cut in half) they are truly awesome weapons and frighteningly accurate.
Too close for missiles, switching to guns

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 12:36

Daveofthewood wrote:Well i was clearing 347 (again.....) with my Python and there was a Xenon K right by the gate i jumped in from (literally 2k away!), managed to strafe and PPC his sheilds down but since i have Beta and Alpha flak everywhere else they were the only things that could attack it. To say they destroyed it was an understatement (imagine the new battlestar galactica as a Cylon Basestar gets cut in half) they are truly awesome weapons and frighteningly accurate.
BFLAK's must be really mean pity my ODY won't take them. Still I can always turn on the GPSG's in a red zone - not the devils they used to be - but still fairly effective up close.

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 20:21

Flaks seem to be able to rip through almost anything in record time. It's probably only their pretty short range that stops them being deadly anti capital ship weapons as well.

googlemeier
x3tc

Post by googlemeier » Wed, 28. Feb 07, 20:39

ahhh...i love to cruise through the seven seas of metal - smack the tin men with a serious broadside - call the captain (never utters a word, though), call him to bail out his precious freight - but never gives up - fights until his miserable life (?) dissolves in bright clouds of cannon fire - like in the old days, mate...
now i'll put down my eye-patch and have a nice cuppa tea.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”