Where did you place your player HQ and why?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

n00bln

Where did you place your player HQ and why?

Post by n00bln » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 07:40

Title says it all. Just asking because I just got mine, played around with the placing, and because it needs resources, I am wondering where is the best place to put it!

sun_flear
x3tc

Post by sun_flear » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 07:53

i placed mine in the wall just to avoid lag if i intend to buil a ship or 2 i'll manualy stock it up and anothere thing does anyone know how long does it take build a hiperyon ???

Thera
x3

Post by Thera » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 10:54

Mine will be going into Brennan's Triumph. Scenery, Repairing Pirate caps and fairly well located.

danielhumphries50
x3

Post by danielhumphries50 » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 11:14

it takes 21 hours to re it and 21 hours and a impossible amount of resources to build
damn that post was as good as that girl last night god she can move her body shame is she was a twisted lady ouch :->

very funny vid

whitebanzai
x3tc

Post by whitebanzai » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 11:31

With 2 meg memory & 6800 gt card makes no odds. Personally mine's in Ianimus Zura as I have 25 + factories all feeding off the large ore & silicon mines. Tractor beam makes a lot of differnence but shame you can't tow facotries through the gates. This sector is well protected , near central & you can make loads of money by jumping to 2 grand to PTNI with Nostrop oil. Just waiting for my 2nd M7 as Gamma shock waves are leathal!

Marijn
x3tc

Post by Marijn » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 11:43

Mine is in "Nopileos' Memorial". Some good asteroids and in pirate space so i'm completely free.

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 11:49

Family Tkr, since Tkr's Deprivation is next door, with many high-yield asteroids. Family Tkr and Home of Opportunity has an EQ dock each, and between them, I can sell every weapon in the game. I have a single mercury stocking the HQ from my very large complex. And 15 UT's supplying it with credits.

When I have built a M7, the HQ is stocked with resources and credits to build a new, and all I have to do is drop the shields and weapons into it, fly to the EQ dock and tune it up, and it is ready to do OOS sector defense.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

apogee
x3tc

Post by apogee » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 11:55

I put mine in Cloudbase south East, there are some decent forges in there, its got an eq dock, its not far from CSW (goner temple) and Home of Light (terracorp HQ), its pretty safe and Ore belt is next door for plenty of mining, i built a load of fabs to supply it (chip plant/computer comp/rimes/teladianium etc etc)

Only downside is that the sector is cloudy so whilst you can see the hq its a bit misty and you cant see it in all its glory!

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 11:55

Home of Light. Because it gets excellent protection from the Argon insector M1 and M2 and loads of fighters there. Also I can pick up Jump Drives from my neighbour Terracorp.

However at the moment I am underusing it as a mere safe haven and a place to resupply ships.
Beyond 'X' Far future (Fanfic): BkI BkII BkIII

Never more than 98.8 percent sure about anything.
98.8 percent sure that anyone who is 100 percent certain needs re-educating for the sake of humanity.

Miths

Post by Miths » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 12:04

Just placed mine in Two Grand an hour ago. I've been all over the map looking for a good location - and by good I mean neat looking scenery, waaay more important than the type of factories and resources you can find in the neigbouring sectors :).

The greyish nebula backdrops of the three Teladi sectors in the middle of the map have always been some of the prettiest in the game to me, and Two Grand is a pretty large and fairly empty sector with only West and South gates, so I figured that empty opposite "corner" would make for a nice location.

I expect that my enevitable huge factory complex (once I've got a whole fleet to outfit) will probably end up in the same sector (minus ore and silicon mines) - there's plenty of space and framerates are unlikely to drop much.

Etolf
x3tc

Post by Etolf » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 12:08

Avarice... nice and central, easy to defend, and without anything to get in the way... can jump easily to anywhere, and nowhere is too difficult to use to supply... not too big and not too small... and can also be owned!

voodoo monkey
x3

Post by voodoo monkey » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 12:23

Etolf wrote:Avarice... nice and central, easy to defend, and without anything to get in the way... can jump easily to anywhere, and nowhere is too difficult to use to supply... not too big and not too small... and can also be owned!
What about the lack of asteroids?

TwoHedWlf
x4

Post by TwoHedWlf » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 12:34

I put mine in the Unknown sector way on the far east north of Maelstrom, good supply of mines to support a big installation making resources.

Probably a bad spot for it, insane distance from a source of jump drives.:(

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 12:48

Presidents End, because it is otherwise barren ('cept debris) and close to jumpdrives, my shield/weapon/ammo complex, and my sectors (bela gi's joy, brennens triumph etc).

Though I think the Argon are starting to doubt my motives, they seem to constantly have an M2 in PE 'watching' me, or perhaps my HQ is just too darned close to all of the gates, might tow it down a bit, when I can be bothered.
Nirwin
------
Sector Takeover | Unlimited Resources (x2/x3)

Daveofthewood
x3

Post by Daveofthewood » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 14:00

Herrons Nebula, i just love that sector perfectly safe place to operate from and its not too far away from either west or south jump gate, + herrons nebula is a good place for SPP (well where isn't :lol: ) lots of mines and a Space Fuel D so they always need energy!!!!!
Too close for missiles, switching to guns

Lord Schwarz
x3

Post by Lord Schwarz » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 14:08

There is another topic about this and here is my reply for there in case you didnt read it.

Personally I chose Herron's Nebula because of the close location to all the resources I need for ship building. I have a complex nearby that is completly self-sufficient and produces Chips, comp components, and tubes. I have another silicon mine nearby and an ore mine. I also produce crystals and taladanium(not sure how to spell it) mud there as well.

I have my hq near the Argon Prime gate. This way if I build new ships an equipment dock is nearby and a shipyard for the ships I build to sell.

I also have a 125mj shield facility nearby so I can immediatly put shields on my corvettes after I build them. Then In Argon prime I take them to my weapon factory where I outfit them with weapons I made myself. Further plans will have a 25mj and 1GJ shield factories as well.

I dont know what the experts on this game would say about it, but personally, this location is perfect for me.

pccenter
xr

Post by pccenter » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 14:12

In my own sector "Legend's Home" :D

Nastyride
x3

Post by Nastyride » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 14:16

Put mine in Family Pride.....

Few reasons why...
firstly it is quite safe.....only 2 gates to secure
Secondly it has a split shipyard and eq dock
thirdly it is within walking distance of most races
the best reason is RONKARS CLOUDS

There is a sil asteroid of 56
and an ore 21

meaning you can self sustain most of the supplies needed for the HQ and there is no slow down because the complex is in the sector next door.

1 SPP XL
1 SIL L @56
1 ORE L @21
6 Cahoona M
6 Cattle M
3 Crystal M
3 chip plant
1 computer plant
1 quantum
1 rimes
1 wheat
2 1gj sheild
1 25 mj sheild
2 chelt m
2 rastar M

Think that's what my hub is made of...used the complex calculator
just finished building it...fingers crossed it works I have a SPP L in family pride which isn't self sustaining which I use for personal use

Oh and the big planet is pretty and the music quite pleasant ???

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 14:26

When I get mine, I'll probably put it in Akeela's Beacon.

It's somewhat of a good central point and only one gate that I can set patrols around.

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Thu, 1. Mar 07, 14:59

Last game Red Light. I had a break for several weeks, work took me away from home. When I came back I decided to re-start.
This time Kingdom End.
I have several extensive loops in the Argon sectors of Three Worlds, Power Circle, Ant. Memorial, Herrons Neb., Home of Light and Ore Belt.
Some doing high tech stuff and some doing shields and or weapons.
Next in line to build is an equipment dock, cloud base north west for that.

Build ship - send to equipment dock in KE to make the initial cargo bay, speed etc additions, down to my own equipment dock, onward to cloud base south west for a jump drive.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”