Earthpilot's Xenon Mod V1.0

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Earthpilot
x3tc

Earthpilot's Xenon Mod V1.0

Post by Earthpilot » Fri, 2. Mar 07, 18:57

I finally did it.

My Xenon Mod V1.0 is now available for download.

This Mod replaces all the Xenon ships with self-made designs and adds 4 new ships to them: M0, TL, TS and TP.

Big thanks goes to all tester ( you are mentioned in the readme ) and to herzenslicht.net for hosting.

Download.

Here are some pictures, but only the Xenon are in the mod.

WARNING! READ THE README!

Since this is my very first Mod there are some issues with it.
Constructive feedback is appreciated.

Good hunting, IF you survive. :twisted:

Edit: Sorry, didn't notice it earlier: the link was broken. Should now work correctly.
Last edited by Earthpilot on Tue, 17. Jun 08, 19:51, edited 3 times in total.

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Fri, 2. Mar 07, 20:52

I downloaded the file and read the readme. Now I have a question. What does this mod do? Does it make the xenon a playable race? Does it just add ships? I mean theres no indication of what it does. Putting up a file and saying download this and read the readme will not get people to download your mod if they don't know what it does. What does it change/add, how will it affect the game? Will the xenon use these ships?

Siath

Earthpilot
x3tc

Post by Earthpilot » Fri, 2. Mar 07, 21:46

Sorry I should have been more specific. First topic is corrected.

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Fri, 2. Mar 07, 22:01

Cool, thanks :)

Siath

Damar Stiehl
x3

Post by Damar Stiehl » Sat, 3. Mar 07, 02:52

Hey, you restored Xenon capital ships!.. kind of... they definitely appear to look better than the stock garbage in X3...

Does the K allow docking?

EDIT: Guess it doesn't... too bad... both J and K look entirely too thin, and the texturing is a bit simplistic by X3 standards. But you're on the right track man, don't give up... your stuff rocked in X2.

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Sat, 3. Mar 07, 11:22

the k and j were thin in Xtension and Xbtf, and thats what these ships look likei actually liked the original designs a lot more than the designs in x2 and x3
About the name - i was lost for a name on the forum and looking round, then a Bob Hope film came on, and i thought "that will do nicely"

i was born and raised argumentative i dont mean to offend ...... sorry

Diablos
x3tc

Post by Diablos » Mon, 5. Mar 07, 13:07

Just had a look at the pics you linked to and wondered if theres any chance you could replace that model of the x shuttle that already appears in the ship list in x3 with your updated version?

Maybe script a mission to recover it from terracorp or somthing?

cheers :)

ohnoes1234

Post by ohnoes1234 » Tue, 6. Mar 07, 19:37

The pics all look really good (did you make a model for the LX included in the newest patch?), but I have to agree the texturing is a bit simple. I dont particularly like the new form factor for the P class though, looks kind of like a chunk out of the hull of a larger ship, maybe an only slight modification to the original P would work. I did like the rough and grungy look of the Xenon Capital ships included in x 3 but these will certainly make them easier to see. Also, now that you put in a model for the M0, will we be actually able to see its hulk in Xenon sector 101 (seemed a bit anti-climactic to search through the wreckage of something that blended in with the rest of space a little too well).

Earthpilot
x3tc

Post by Earthpilot » Tue, 6. Mar 07, 20:22

ohnoes1234 wrote:The pics all look really good (did you make a model for the LX included in the newest patch?), but I have to agree the texturing is a bit simple. I dont particularly like the new form factor for the P class though, looks kind of like a chunk out of the hull of a larger ship, maybe an only slight modification to the original P would work. I did like the rough and grungy look of the Xenon Capital ships included in x 3 but these will certainly make them easier to see. Also, now that you put in a model for the M0, will we be actually able to see its hulk in Xenon sector 101 (seemed a bit anti-climactic to search through the wreckage of something that blended in with the rest of space a little too well).
The reason for texturing is simply: I use X2-textures because of Blender conversion issues at the moment.

As for the ships: I like them :P .

A new wreck for the Xenon M0 is a good idea for the next version. I will keep that in mind.

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Tue, 6. Mar 07, 20:50

dude i think you new xenon models a great compared to the stock X3 ones, although the P i don't like so much, lol maybe its just the screen shot you could have caught its bad side.
PhenomII X4 940 black edition
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Fri, 16. Mar 07, 15:08

one idea, can you put [mod] in the title so it searches out easier, and maybe even put in the list of mods?
About the name - i was lost for a name on the forum and looking round, then a Bob Hope film came on, and i thought "that will do nicely"

i was born and raised argumentative i dont mean to offend ...... sorry

Earthpilot
x3tc

Post by Earthpilot » Fri, 16. Mar 07, 21:06

The list of Mods is not made by me, so i have nothing to do with it.

I won't add that [mod] to the title since the search function seems to have some problems. ( i searched for "Xenon" as topic and "Earthpilot" as Author and it sported no results ).

Btw.: Anyone running into problems other than those stated in the readme?

Zoed Vega
x3tc

Post by Zoed Vega » Mon, 16. Jun 08, 02:42

Moderator erased post
Last edited by Zoed Vega on Tue, 4. Aug 09, 18:45, edited 1 time in total.

Earthpilot
x3tc

Post by Earthpilot » Tue, 17. Jun 08, 19:56

Thanks.

The designs are just a optical upgrade of the original Xenon designs that were shipped with X-Beyond the Frontier. :xbtf:

Well, except the Corvette and transports since they did either not exist in XBTF or have been to blocky for me to just upgrade them.

In either case, good hunting and watch your six. :twisted:

Zoed Vega
x3tc

Post by Zoed Vega » Tue, 17. Jun 08, 20:29

Moderator erased post
Last edited by Zoed Vega on Tue, 4. Aug 09, 18:46, edited 1 time in total.

Iasthai

Post by Iasthai » Tue, 17. Jun 08, 21:42

Those look really awsome and i would really love to see the M0 in x3, to bad theres no LX and that its not 2.5 compatible.

How would one go about making it work with 2.5 anyway?

Earthpilot
x3tc

Post by Earthpilot » Sun, 22. Jun 08, 20:41

Simple: there has been no M3+ class when I developed the Mod.

upgrading to 2.5? I'll have a look at it but don't expect anything.
Real life is pretty time-consuming at the moment so it may take some time.

=DC=Shadow
x3

Post by =DC=Shadow » Mon, 23. Jun 08, 03:10

Very very nice, love the pics.

I always loved the original designs, same sort i'm working at present for the pirates mod.

Yours looks slightly different though. I have not been able to produce the same amount of detail on the ships I have made so far. How long you been doing this?.

We are always looking for new members to join the team (hint, hint) 8) :lol: .
[ external image ]
Lead Developer of the Stargate mod for X3 -Reunion & Terran Conflict.

Blacky_BPG
x4

Post by Blacky_BPG » Mon, 23. Jun 08, 15:12

And I always look for new XSP files, for the reason I have made an inquiry.
I also convert her in XSP files myself so no effort for you ... :roll:

kaboooom2000uk
x3tc

Post by kaboooom2000uk » Tue, 28. Apr 09, 17:54

Earthpilot wrote:Thanks.

The designs are just a optical upgrade of the original Xenon designs that were shipped with X-Beyond the Frontier. :xbtf:

Well, except the Corvette and transports since they did either not exist in XBTF or have been to blocky for me to just upgrade them.

In either case, good hunting and watch your six. :twisted:
I do love the origional look of the K at least and the M0, in the X-BTF the K was terrifying, it would swoop close in, close and intimidating and then slow and unload its lasers into you. The M0 ws just sooooo long, and had a neat rotating part which looked quite good.

Such a creepy feeling when your running from one, and you can see the gravidar rings get bigger and bigger, and the rumble from its engines, get louder and louder! Scared the pants off me when I was playing for the first time. They also ram into you, which is somthing I havent experencied on x3.

The new ones look pants, they no longer have that distinctive pirecing blue afterglow, and are no way near as fast. I had problems travercing a Xenon Sector due to the destroyers, the carriers were slow as hell, so wernt a problem. It was only untill i upgraded the x shuttle to about 20 or so engine tunings before i was able to get out alive.

I wish i could at least find one that is basicaly the same shape, but have the ability to pilot it, and install many more lasers and sheilds.

Somone please work some magic, its a legend.
AK

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”