TP class ships...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MoonHeadJohn
x3

TP class ships...

Post by MoonHeadJohn » Mon, 5. Mar 07, 02:35

What exactly can you do with them? I know you can use them for BBS missions like "The Tour od a Lifetime" and just taking people from A to B when a TP class is needed... but is there anything you can do with them? Seeing as they don't have much cargo space they don't really pose as good ST or UT traders IMO...
SNAKES ON A PLANE FTW!!!!

Dragoongfa
x4

Post by Dragoongfa » Mon, 5. Mar 07, 02:55

Sorry that it, but from experience if you are good at tour bus missions you can earn a wagon load of money...

Andaius

Post by Andaius » Mon, 5. Mar 07, 04:20

They make good "premium" ware traders. They are much much faster than TS's, so I like to use them to transport high value small Items. Like Microchips, quantum tubes, and also weapons. These Items have low bulk but High value. Hope that give's ya some ideas! :D

teladianium
x3

Post by teladianium » Mon, 5. Mar 07, 08:52

I also use them as weapons traders, e.g. Express speed 150 with a jump drive can clear out PAC, IRE, missile (higher yield), PSGs, HEPTS, etc.

You could also use them as crystal buyers if you have an SPP.

They make a good energy resupply ship as well - get a transporter device and when you are low sit next to a gate and get your TP to jump to sector, when it comes in you get a topup. Handy as well if you are doing and XI and need some more mass driver ammo.

I also use them as a portable ammo store - keep a Express or Toucan at BHS EQ and when I've got surplus missiles I just freight exchange them and have a ready supply if required later. Last game I had about 20 Hammerheads stored in my Toucan - would have made quite a bang if that lot went up :shock:

Chemical-mix
x3tc

Post by Chemical-mix » Mon, 5. Mar 07, 12:41

Like Andaius says, small high value wares is really all they can be used for, except the bbs missions. Other than that, they are surplus my requirements...
"I came, I saw, I crumbled"

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”