Free Traders buying and selling for no profit? - mobile drilling system

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Disco Knight

Free Traders buying and selling for no profit? - mobile drilling system

Post by Disco Knight » Mon, 5. Mar 07, 23:50

A few days ago I built a Mobile drilling system complex in Priests Rings. It consists of:

1 Drilling System Factory
3x Large Soyfarm
3x Large Soyery
1 Ore mine

I hadn't even really finished buying transports to sell the drills and soja husks and I noticed that the free traders keep coming and buying the drills and husks. Selling like hot cakes so I just stuck to my energy transporters and let the free traders buy from me... but I never adjusted the Mobile drilling system price and its still at 77,908 each.

Why would free traders buy the drills at that price and then sell them to an equipment dock for 77,908 ?

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Tue, 6. Mar 07, 05:05

I thought the traders would require at least some profit. But maybe some are set to do this just to keep the game going? You never know, in this game. :roll:
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 6. Mar 07, 09:27

They don't use credits, so they don't need profits.

The (player) UT script finds a trade run (by low, sell high) and does it. Thus, UT looks for buyer and seller simultaneously and only moves for profit. I guess the NPC trader script just fills the ship at "cheap" source first and then looks for a place to sell. When looking for buyer it no longer remembers how it got the load it carries.

xTemon
x3tc

Post by xTemon » Tue, 6. Mar 07, 20:50

Definite economical morass :lol:

This is part of the reason X3 has a problem with the whole trading and operating factories thing.

The factories buy high and sell low-No profit!!

The Traders supply the factories but won't buy low because this would eliminate competition for the player.

Factories have very unusual requirements. Example: Computer Fab needs 600 Meatsteak Cahoonas per hour of operation :gruebel: How many technician's does it take to run a Computer Fab, and what kinds of technician's require 600 x 1000 Meatsteak Burgers every hour to sustain their bodies. My thought is that they're some wierd gargantuan bioengineered beasts of burden :lol:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”