Avarice, Trading Station, No Customers?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Rikaelus
x3

Avarice, Trading Station, No Customers?

Post by Rikaelus » Tue, 13. Mar 07, 04:24

I've heard elsewhere that NPCs won't dock at some trade stations, but certainly this can't be true, can it? I have the Teladi Trading Station gained when you purchase Avarice, and I have a number of non-weapon items for sell there that are produce by my complex "across the street" -- kind of a retail store with my complex being the factory and distributor.

Anyway... even with the products as cheap as they can be, and obviously with the setting to trade with other races on, nobody seems to buy any wares. Is there any way to kick this into gear, or would building my own trading station from scratch work?

Gotcha!
x3tc

Post by Gotcha! » Tue, 13. Mar 07, 08:01

I think Avarice isn't visited much by npc's (except pirates). Perhaps that has something to do with it?

I can't wait to call Avarice mine. The first thing I will do is blow up the trading station. It's parked right at my headquarter's front door. When I fly out of my HQ I practically fly into the trading station. :roll:
My boron friends just came back from a planet where the dominant lifeform had no bilateral symmetry, and all I got was this stupid F-Shirt.

Rikaelus
x3

Post by Rikaelus » Tue, 13. Mar 07, 08:32

Quite a few come through, actually. It -is- right between both Teladi and Argon core sectors and even more directly between two mining sectors. Even if sparse NPCs were the case, I've had my trading station fully stocked for many game hours. Surely -someone- would have stopped by for wares by now.

Gotcha!
x3tc

Post by Gotcha! » Tue, 13. Mar 07, 11:54

I agree. Someone should have. Perhaps it's true that npc's don't dock into one of those then? :|
My boron friends just came back from a planet where the dominant lifeform had no bilateral symmetry, and all I got was this stupid F-Shirt.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 13. Mar 07, 11:58

It has been claimed that NPC never buy from player Docks. They might sell to player Trade Docks. These claims seem true and logical.

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Tue, 13. Mar 07, 14:11

Yes, NPC trader never buy from player-owned docks or NPC docks. In the German S&M-Forum we work at an unsigned bonus pack named X3plus.

In X3plus I changed the free trader script. The NPC traders buy now also in player-owned docks. The prices must be under the avg prices.

Greets
Lucike

Rikaelus
x3

Post by Rikaelus » Tue, 13. Mar 07, 19:15

Lucike wrote:Yes, NPC trader never buy from player-owned docks or NPC docks. In the German S&M-Forum we work at an unsigned bonus pack named X3plus.

In X3plus I changed the free trader script. The NPC traders buy now also in player-owned docks. The prices must be under the avg prices.

Greets
Lucike
Beings I don't speak German and need only that one thing, is there any chance you could make that script change available? Since everything I trade out of it I produce myself at no cost, I have no problem at all putting prices below average- it's all profit to me, anyway.

And ultimately I'd rather use my trading station for selling the wares instead of my complex, itself, since then I can be sure that no greedy trader will come by and rape me of all my needed intermediate resources.

Out of curiosity, would I encounter similar problems with EQ Docks? I was planning on putting one of those in to sell surplus weapons to NPC traders.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 13. Mar 07, 19:18

Gotcha! wrote:...
I can't wait to call Avarice mine. The first thing I will do is blow up the trading station. It's parked right at my headquarter's front door. When I fly out of my HQ I practically fly into the trading station. :roll:
No need for such drastic actions. When Avarice becomes yours, so does the trading station. Which you can simply move with a tractor beam to someplace more convenient. Teladi trading stations are quite useful in that, like Argon stations, they can dock a practically unlimited number of fighters, if you so wish. Saves cluttering up your PHQ. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

CraftyPilot

Post by CraftyPilot » Tue, 13. Mar 07, 20:16

Set up space weed and space fuel complexes, you will get custom from pirate freighters. They are also safe from scanning too so wont be revealed as pirates you are practically in pirate space.

Also if the sector is patrolled and also those neighbours between your sector and thriving sectors, you can expect more business. I have m2's patrolling Pirate Space and since then stations and freighters have popped up in pirate space.

Rikaelus
x3

Post by Rikaelus » Tue, 13. Mar 07, 21:05

Nanook wrote:
Gotcha! wrote:...
No need for such drastic actions. When Avarice becomes yours, so does the trading station. Which you can simply move with a tractor beam to someplace more convenient. Teladi trading stations are quite useful in that, like Argon stations, they can dock a practically unlimited number of fighters, if you so wish. Saves cluttering up your PHQ. :)
The downside of the Teladi station and possibly Argon is when your ships get stuck in them and explode. 'course it only happens when your in-system, but I'm usually in Avarice while monitoring my empire and I've had my M7 get destroyed inside it while in battle (on patrol) and I lost my sector ware collector the same way.

Fortunately I had recent backups. Losing the M7 would have sucked something fierce.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”