[Request]Electronic System failure Missiles

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jocan2003
x4

[Request]Electronic System failure Missiles

Post by jocan2003 » Wed, 14. Mar 07, 17:10

is it possible to have missiles disabling a ship forcing the pilot to bail out? let say you shoot the missile when the hull is under 50 percent, it doesnt do any damage ( maybe as much as a moskito? ) and have a 45% chance of forcing the pilot? ( would only work one time. firing multiple missile wont help its a one chance one shot in some kind ) asnd make the missile worth about 25k each unit?

The disabe feature is not important realy, its more a why the pilot eject more often.

the disruptor missile say in its description that it leave the hull inteact but kill shield and electronic system, its pure bull as the hull get as much hit as shield

or simply modify the disruptor missile to reflect that?

Ben2006
x3

Post by Ben2006 » Thu, 15. Mar 07, 16:36

Yes it is possible, but I think it would require altering the \types\Tmissiles file. This might make it more of a mod than a script addon. Not sure. If I weren't so busy working on my 2 other missions and other special project, I would play around with that, as that's just the type of thing that BenCo Industries deals in. Have you tried the BenCo System Override Software script? You might like that one.

Red Spot
x3

Re: [Request]Electronic System failure Missiles

Post by Red Spot » Thu, 15. Mar 07, 16:52

jocan2003 wrote:or simply modify the disruptor missile to reflect that?

Its actually very easy to do such a thing (check the tutorial sticky on how to), the problem however lies it in the AI, as they are coded "too" basic to make any decent kind of use of them, they use them as any other missile even when shields would be completelly down ...
(same as they can just as well fire mosquitos at cap. ship and hornets and bigger at m5 ...)

G

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Thu, 15. Mar 07, 19:03

glad to hear its something possible, but since you say its easy i think ill try to make it myself and see how i caan do, i must learn somewhere :D

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”