What is the AEGIS weapon system?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Firelance777
x3

What is the AEGIS weapon system?

Post by Firelance777 » Thu, 15. Mar 07, 03:39

Can anyone tell me what the AEGIS weapon system is????

how do I use it?

xTemon
x3tc

Post by xTemon » Thu, 15. Mar 07, 03:43

I think it's the weapon system for the, virtually non-exsistant, unknown ship, that they mention in storline; the one Kyle was after. Can't.. remem.. ber.. name.. .. auuggghhhh!

:lol:

Firelance777
x3

Post by Firelance777 » Thu, 15. Mar 07, 03:47

thank you

do u know which ship in the spawn ship menu? cuz I want to see it in action

NavyAICS
x3tc

Post by NavyAICS » Thu, 15. Mar 07, 03:50

Another Expensive Government Issued System!

-NavyAICS
TRAMPLE THE WEAK, HURDLE THE DEAD!

Blade18
x3

Post by Blade18 » Thu, 15. Mar 07, 03:51

The Aegis weapon system was used in X2 as a capital ship improvement costed about 50 million and was supposed to improve the aim of your ship turrets not sure if its in X3 never saw or heard about it usually it was in a EQ of terra corp if i'am not mistaken

xTemon
x3tc

Post by xTemon » Thu, 15. Mar 07, 04:05

Interesting :lol:

My bad :roll:

The ship is an unknown, or unidentified M6 class vessel with an interesting design; though I've never been able to get it to work :shock: You'll see a pic of it in storyline, looks like a big kickin' arse Y-wing :lol:

It only has one front weapon however :( 1500 cargo unit capability though, and an interesting design; if squid ever sends me my registration code for GMax, I might even extract it and see what I can do with it :D

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 15. Mar 07, 09:00

Blade18 wrote:The Aegis weapon system was used in X2 as a capital ship improvement costed about 50 million and was supposed to improve the aim of your ship turrets not sure if its in X3 never saw or heard about it usually it was in a EQ of terra corp if i'am not mistaken
AEGIS is indeed a third-party script that was included in the X2 Bonuspack. It had two components: crew and AEGIS software. The crew worked alone, but one had to "buy" them and they were hard to find. Crew was able to swap guns based on target, and fire at faster rate than regular turret command. Basically "Attack my target, but kill incoming missiles, and if neither in view, attack all enemies.". Thus, Odysseus with crew would open fire with PPC, swap to PSG when close enough (and no friendlies near), and then use again PPC (or GHEPT) to kill the hull. The AEGIS improved that by swapping the lightest gun into turret when turret had to traverse. PPC turret turns slowly, but "fire at target with PPC, turn turret with IRE, fire at next target with PPC" is quick. Furthermore, it did multiple targets: if fighters, each turret picks different target, if Capital, all turrets on same target. And "capping mode", reduced rate of fire in order to maximise the survival to captures. Plus, missile attacks: launch Mosquito/Wasp at every foe to get their attention.

X3 does not have AEGIS as such, but the NPC turrets do swap guns as necessary. Close in on Xenon J and you will see PPC/HEPT/PAC/FAA as you get closer.

The german S&M forum has at least "AEGIS light", and "MEFOS" scripts. Those use some of the ideas of AEGIS script.

TBV
x3tc

Post by TBV » Thu, 15. Mar 07, 17:59

Anyone remember taking their X2 Oddy in to a huge battle
only to have your crew change out your PSGs as soon as you get a cap?

*&%£**& That was most definitely brown trousers time.

Oh yes, the offending cap was almost always a lousy M5 with 1% hull.

:o

xTemon
x3tc

Post by xTemon » Thu, 15. Mar 07, 18:56

Somebody want to tell me why this isn't in X3 :?

Right, it'd be too easy :lol:

Stormsong
x3tc

Post by Stormsong » Thu, 15. Mar 07, 19:17

Endremion wrote:Somebody want to tell me why this isn't in X3 :?

Right, it'd be too easy :lol:
Actually it's because there is alot of work involved and the original author of the script is no longer active in the community. However, Lucike is in fact working on an X³ version in the German forum.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."

Blade18
x3

Post by Blade18 » Thu, 15. Mar 07, 19:26

They must likely improved the aim in X3 but I'am not sure still working a getting a capitol ship but was it really worth 50 million just for the extension. In X2 i had it on my Titan but didn't notice any really difference when i went into battle. Also having to go on a hunting mission to find the 50 crewmam it was a pain just finding the transport and then rushing to the station before it just so you can buy 3-8 crewman. I think it would be better just to invest all that money in another cap ship instead but if you were overflowing with money then why not.

xTemon
x3tc

Post by xTemon » Thu, 15. Mar 07, 19:36

Perhaps they should script in crewman as wares :lol:

Firelance777
x3

Post by Firelance777 » Fri, 16. Mar 07, 01:18

um the AEGIS weapon system is in the "add ware menu" in the cheats

does that mean its just a holdover from X2?

I have never played X2 only X3

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 16. Mar 07, 03:01

all the wares from the bonus pack will appear in X3, they just dont have any use.

there are lots of things in the data files that arn't used in the main game. But sometimes these things are easier to leave in and not use them, than it is to actually remove them

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”