How useful are split TP's?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

zooze
xr

How useful are split TP's?

Post by zooze » Fri, 16. Mar 07, 17:57

Having a split Iguana and Split Iguana Vanguard I'm wondering how usefull these ships are. Sure they are fast however I cant do any TP missions in them as the TP just isn't large enough....which begs the question why?!?!

Zoozer

sun_flear
x3tc

Post by sun_flear » Fri, 16. Mar 07, 18:05

they are not worth the credits you spend on them

KipperTheFish
x3tc

Post by KipperTheFish » Fri, 16. Mar 07, 18:31

TP, the MOST useless ship in the game. Only thing they are good for is the tour of a lifetime mission. And thats got to be the MOST boring mission going.
I've only ever owned 2 TP's, the free ones, and they were sold as quickly as possible.
Pushing up the anti, I know you're gonna see me, Read 'em and weep, The deadman's hand again.

lestabantam
x3tc

Post by lestabantam » Fri, 16. Mar 07, 18:39

They are good for delivering crystals to a solar power plant.

I kept my XL SPP away from my complex because I wanted to keep its 25 docking clamps to park some of my fighters at.

The Crystal Express does a fine job in taking the crystals from the "spaghetti and meatballs" complex to the SPP/Fighter base.

It is the only TP I own though!

Treachery
x3tc

Post by Treachery » Fri, 16. Mar 07, 18:39

i have both free TP's. Since they have such small holds I use them specifically for illegal goods. WEED and FUEL. Ahhh YEEA, I'm in the import export business. LOL. In other games I have sold them.

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Fri, 16. Mar 07, 19:03

Spit ones are fairly useless, occasionally you'll come across a Tour of a Lifetime in which the no. of passenger is small enough so the Iguana's speed comes in useful but these are very few and far between.

Tour of a Lifetime missions are indeed boring but can be nice little earners earlier on in the game. One MAJOR bug bear I have with them is that they won't let you use your jumpdrive AFTER the tour has finished (to get the peeps home) without a credit hit on your reward. I can understand during the mission but after. . . . that needs fixing!
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

John Buford
x2

Post by John Buford » Fri, 16. Mar 07, 19:23

lestabantam wrote:They are good for delivering crystals to a solar power plant.
I utterly second that, 1 SPPL in my game has 2 demeter SFs assigned who use the CR to sell energy at 18 to the sourrounding sectors and 1 ex slave transporter to buy crystals cheapest and I have no shortage of crystals whatsoever.

zooze
xr

Post by zooze » Fri, 16. Mar 07, 19:40

Thats something I hadn't thought of, using a fast TP (split) to haul crystals, normally you cant get many crystals anyways and this might work well.....mmmm

Zoozer

KipperTheFish
x3tc

Post by KipperTheFish » Fri, 16. Mar 07, 19:52

Like all self-respecting empire builders, all my complexes are self-sustaining, or only need e-cells brought in from one of my complexes.
So no use for a TP there.
Pushing up the anti, I know you're gonna see me, Read 'em and weep, The deadman's hand again.

Umpa Lumpa
x3tc

Post by Umpa Lumpa » Fri, 16. Mar 07, 20:41

I use one to sell squash mines but thats the only one ive ever had.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don’t get sucked into jet engines.

John Buford
x2

Post by John Buford » Fri, 16. Mar 07, 22:01

KipperTheFish wrote:Like all self-respecting empire builders, all my complexes are self-sustaining, or only need e-cells brought in from one of my complexes.
So no use for a TP there.
Dude this is my first game, gimme a break :lol: I do have a lot of respect for my entirely woven into the sourrounding community supporting growing and learning out of errors empire.

lestabantam
x3tc

Post by lestabantam » Sat, 17. Mar 07, 11:54

Kipper,

I wanted the SPPs docking clamps for my Fighter wings.

You play the game your way and I'll play it mine. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”