Teladi sector auction.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Net-FX
x4

Teladi sector auction.

Post by Net-FX » Sun, 18. Mar 07, 02:07

Help.

I've got the money, I've completed the plot [incl Bali Gi missions]. I've got my new player HQ, all I need is my own sector to deploy it [along with whatever ever other factories I see fit to deposit there] only, upon scouring the BBS's, all I see is the
Spoiler
Show
Blah blah.... tension rises... latest offer 390,000,000... expect more updates as more offers come through...
Er, How, where, when can *I* bid on this new sector myself?

Also, where IS this new sector please?

These forums are GREAT only the information stored here is VAST and, even with the old search options, there's still WAY too much to trawl through [and I've spent the last day doing so... but, apologies if this thread has been covered elsewhere.

Also, just like to say, Egosoft is a top company... with support, updates and more besides, shame there aren't any more developers equally as committed to their releases.

Finally, thanks also to all the modders, scripters and fans for keeping this game unendingly limitless... we've come a long way from Elite :)

Thanks again...
D.

LynkDead
x3tc

Post by LynkDead » Sun, 18. Mar 07, 02:10

Just wait a few more game days, the auction will become available to you then.

It's the Unknown Sector next to Montelaar. The name gets changed to Avarice sometime after it gets discovered.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 18. Mar 07, 02:11

The sector is between Montelaar and New Income, just below Akeela's Beakon near the center of the universe. Its currently called an Unknown sector.

Cant help with the auction itself, as I havent yet done this myself. There are however, numerous threads about the auction here if you search for them.

Net-FX
x4

Post by Net-FX » Sun, 18. Mar 07, 02:32

LynkDead wrote:Just wait a few more game days, the auction will become available to you then..
Ah, so patience is a virtue LOL.... Nice one, I'll wait a while, then. Many thanks for that :)
D.

Net-FX
x4

Post by Net-FX » Sun, 18. Mar 07, 02:34

apricotslice wrote: There are however, numerous threads about the auction here if you search for them.
I can only imagine how many topics, threads, posts there are here. Totally a credit to Egosoft and everyone who supports the game, of course, but damn, thats a lot of info to search through!... :)

Thanks for the info though, much apprieciated.
D.

danielhumphries50
x3

Post by danielhumphries50 » Sun, 18. Mar 07, 13:37

yeh by the way when you do get the message it is like spam (in every station) and you will be paying roughly up to 800 mil so it's not easy on the pocket to get
damn that post was as good as that girl last night god she can move her body shame is she was a twisted lady ouch :->

very funny vid

CraftyPilot

Post by CraftyPilot » Sun, 18. Mar 07, 13:44

The Teladi will trick you ito spending 700mill...

drunkenjoe
x3

Post by drunkenjoe » Sun, 18. Mar 07, 14:26

CraftyPilot wrote:The Teladi will trick you ito spending 700mill...
I bought it for 263mil - At the time I was alot smaller and had to empty every factory of its credits in order to pay for it. But now I think, "I got it for 263mil!"

So it was worth it.

Wraith
x3ap

Post by Wraith » Sun, 18. Mar 07, 15:07

When the bidding gets to 615 million credits, you will receive a message inviting you to bid.

That bid (if you accept) may or may not win the auction. If you win, you will get a message telling you to dock in Avarice. If you don't win, you'll get a message giving you the option to make another bid. The amount you can bid will be fixed, so if you have the money and intend to buy the sector, it's just a case of agreeing to the bids selected by the game until you win.

I believe people have won with the initial bid of 615 million, but others have ended up paying 900+ million.

You can reload a save game if you lose, but the message takes quite a while to come through, so you may lose more by restarting than by increasing your bid.

CraftyPilot

Post by CraftyPilot » Sun, 18. Mar 07, 15:09

Wraith wrote:When the bidding gets to 615 million credits, you will receive a message inviting you to bid.

That bid (if you accept) may or may not win the auction. If you win, you will get a message telling you to dock in Avarice. If you don't win, you'll get a message giving you the option to make another bid. The amount you can bid will be fixed, so if you have the money and intend to buy the sector, it's just a case of agreeing to the bids selected by the game until you win.

I believe people have won with the initial bid of 615 million, but others have ended up paying 900+ million.

You can reload a save game if you lose, but the message takes quite a while to come through, so you may lose more by restarting than by increasing your bid.
Once you have brought that sector, the teladi will have tricked you into spending 615+mill. You will see.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”