..salvaged TP - now what?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BugMeister
x4

..salvaged TP - now what?

Post by BugMeister » Thu, 22. Mar 07, 13:43

I've salvaged a TP on my travels.. usually I just sell on and keep
exploring, but this time I want to put the ship to work..

I'm not looking for a huge profit just a safe and steady one,
to make a little extra on the side, whilst I go about my travels..

- she's in very basic trim.. what upgrades should I install
and where's the best place to put her in service..??

..er, and how do I do that?

- also, I've only got 200,000 creds at the mo'... :oops:
Last edited by BugMeister on Thu, 22. Mar 07, 13:45, edited 1 time in total.
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

CraftyPilot

Post by CraftyPilot » Thu, 22. Mar 07, 13:44

Equipment docks have upgrades and ship hardware on board to buy, dock it there and install on ship by freight bay menu.

get it to buy/ sell eCells, TPs cannot carry XL cargo, just assuming there are no American passengers, so get Trade Command Software MK1 and 2 to get it trading, but you must do it yourself. I dont think TPs can become sector/ universe traders.

get speed upgrades so she can buy/ sell faster.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Thu, 22. Mar 07, 13:50

- aah, so I can't just let it trade on auto as 'twer..??

- looks like she'll be docked for while, until I can scrape up more cash for a refit..

- if she's better equpped, can I make a higher profit on selling her..??
- that might be a worthwhile exercise - I could pick up equipment on my travels..
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Apollo911
x3tc

Post by Apollo911 » Thu, 22. Mar 07, 14:04

I'd either sell it to buy a TS and set that to work, or use it as an e-cell courier for your jump drive. Install a frieght transfer thing and you can just beam the e-cells across when you run out.

pulzarokkit
x4

Post by pulzarokkit » Thu, 22. Mar 07, 14:24

CraftyPilot wrote: I dont think TPs can become sector/ universe traders.
why cannot?
I tend to "train" my Sector Traders in a toucan Hauler, when they reach enough level, i swap the pilots with a TS ship and off he goes
...All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die....

Pyre
x3ap

Post by Pyre » Thu, 22. Mar 07, 14:28

Grats on the cap BugMeister...

1. Auto trad requires Trade Software MKIII, which is avaliable at Teladi EQ docks... and is fairly expensive. You also need a fair few upgrades for the ship before it actually generates profit... stuff like the other command softwares, shields, engine tunings, cargo bays... etc. The trade will buy some of the engine and cargo upgrades itself... but the others.. you have to buy before you start trading.

2. Yes, better equiped usually means betetr sell price.. but its pointless to slap say a 5k shield on her to increase the price by 2k :)

3. In your situation... i would either sell it for some quick cash, or repair the hull, give it some shields and leave it at an EQ dock. This means that later, you have a spare TP for when you build your first station, or if you want to do a little manual trading... or when you do save up enough cash to grab Trade MKIII for it.

Hope this helps, look forward to hearing more about your adventures :)

Cheers

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Thu, 22. Mar 07, 17:12

she's been kitted out with the trading software - up to Mark3, so she's chugging round earning me a reputation.. and some small cash as well..

- I've got a tricky problem ahead of me.. more salvaging, so can't give too much away..
- let's just say it involves some tactical planning in pirate alley..

- now do I freight in some additional weaponry from Thuruk's, to beef up this little racer and then make a dash for Split space..??
- hmmm, they like me over there - done a fair bit of trade with them..
- gotta be worth a try ..perhaps a close formation "follow-me" routine..
- this calls for maximum sneakiness - deep dive and crawl across the bottom, maybe..
- catch 'em by surprise..??

- I'll update you later, guys

- meanwhile, many thanks for the tips
- the TP is a reliable little trader.. and the e-cells are extremely useful!! :D :thumb_up:
:x3:

CraftyPilot

Post by CraftyPilot » Thu, 22. Mar 07, 17:26

pulzarokkit wrote:
CraftyPilot wrote: I dont think TPs can become sector/ universe traders.
why cannot?
I tend to "train" my Sector Traders in a toucan Hauler, when they reach enough level, i swap the pilots with a TS ship and off he goes
hauler versions can carry XL cargo, normal TPs cannot.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”