Phantom ship pilots -Unknown sector 3

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

s9ilent
x4

Phantom ship pilots -Unknown sector 3

Post by s9ilent » Sun, 25. Mar 07, 09:39

I've recently decided to populate Unknown sector 3 with my totally awesome complexes and what not, and after a while NPC traders started to come around and trade with my HQ that was there (which is as you'd expect)

Then one day I notice

"Mercury"
in the sector, rather then Argon Mercury xxx trader , it just said mercury
Its piloted by "unknown" has a jump drive, seta, shields, and... I think a laser (presumably turreted)

Other then those 4 things, it has nothing, it can't be commed, (I can't seem to cap it either)

It keeps docking with all my stations (with out actually trading)

Does anybody know what this phantom ship is (suppose to be) doing or why its here?

*Edit*
And then it exploded after crashing into my complex, thou I still have a save game with it in there. Which race do I loose rep with from it exploding???

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Sun, 25. Mar 07, 09:56

Well, the Unknown object pilot name is for a Xenon/ Kha'ak pilot.
So, it's safe to assume that it was a terrorist, trying to sabotage your company.

Actually it is just a bug, when you get a ship in the universe without designation or race prefix, but usually they are sitting still, not moving.
You lose the rep with the race of the pilot (you can check his name, thus know what race he belongs to, Unknown object is either xenon, kha'ak or any other race unrelated to the main races.

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Sun, 25. Mar 07, 13:09

*shrug* I just assumed it was the galaxies attempt to self populate with transports. (Where it would create a transport in the name of the sector owner, namely unknown)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”