Starbursts and Arrows

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CraftyPilot

Starbursts and Arrows

Post by CraftyPilot » Wed, 28. Mar 07, 16:20

Are starbursts and arrows cappable at all in Freedoms Reach? I had one from that unknown sector in the Bala Gi M7 mission, but I foolishly sold it as it was worth the money I needed then. I could have kept it, RE'd it then sold it for tremendous profits as M5's are quick to build and require little resources. Also they make brilliant Taxi mission M5s as their speed gaurantees you would not fail as BBS taxi missions are made for military M5s of which the Split Raider version has the highest speed of 596mps.

I tried capping them in Freedoms Reach to no avail.

Gotcha!
x3tc

Post by Gotcha! » Wed, 28. Mar 07, 16:26

I am afraid they are one-time bonusses. :( Not 100% sure though.
My boron friends just came back from a planet where the dominant lifeform had no bilateral symmetry, and all I got was this stupid F-Shirt.

CraftyPilot

Post by CraftyPilot » Wed, 28. Mar 07, 16:42

OK, cheers. That is a pity. Should never have sold that Arrow, it was so fast not even Paranid Speed Cameras would see it.

xalien
x4

Post by xalien » Wed, 28. Mar 07, 16:52

If you'd do some exploring in the Freedom's Reach you'd find out that not all is lost :) . And Arrows take over 2 hours to RE and build.

CraftyPilot

Post by CraftyPilot » Wed, 28. Mar 07, 16:57

xalien wrote:If you'd do some exploring in the Freedom's Reach you'd find out that not all is lost :) . And Arrows take over 2 hours to RE and build.
Oh right, thanks for the advice. I play without SETA except to get to stations quicker for BBS missions now, but I just need one for for the Taxi missions where I get paid up to 600'000 credits per successful trip. I will search in Freedoms reach. There are a lot of Arrows and Starbursts in Freedoms Reach so it is going to be difficult to find the unoccupied one.

pccenter
xr

Post by pccenter » Wed, 28. Mar 07, 17:32

Spoiler
Show
There is a Starburst ready for you to claim it, 38Km above the gate in Freedom Reach.

CraftyPilot

Post by CraftyPilot » Wed, 28. Mar 07, 17:49

Thank you!

Switch 9
x2

Post by Switch 9 » Wed, 28. Mar 07, 21:01

I know there is the Starburst in Freedom's Reach, but where do I get the Arrow?

Artemis404
x3tc

Post by Artemis404 » Wed, 28. Mar 07, 21:23

Spoiler
Show
I'm fairly certain there is one in the ship graveyard where the you get the M7.
If there isn't on there then there is definitely one somewhere.

Gotcha!
x3tc

Post by Gotcha! » Wed, 28. Mar 07, 21:27

Just to confirm;
The Starburst is indeed straight above the gate in Freedom's Reach, but not at the very start of the game as far as I know, and the Arrow is in the scrapyard with the Hyperion. If you manage to lose them you'll lose them forever.
Same thing with some of the other free ships, like the Buster Sentinel (although you can find two of that one).
My boron friends just came back from a planet where the dominant lifeform had no bilateral symmetry, and all I got was this stupid F-Shirt.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”