Bigger Bullet for Mass Driver...

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

JumperBR
x2

Bigger Bullet for Mass Driver...

Post by JumperBR » Mon, 2. Apr 07, 06:08

Hi,
anyone know how can I set the bullet size of the mass driver bigger?
I have made one version for capital ships but the normal bullet looks very small...

thx
Mai ingrish iz gud?

McItoshi
x4

Post by McItoshi » Mon, 2. Apr 07, 17:34

Can I ask how you created your new capital sized version ? Its something I tried myself but I didnt really get anywhere with it.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 2. Apr 07, 18:08

In TBullets.txt you should find a link to the object that you want to mod.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Syklon
x3

Post by Syklon » Mon, 2. Apr 07, 22:08

In the X3 editor where in Tbullets it lists the body file, track this file down in the objects/v folder (in this case its 517), import it into 3ds or Gmax with dbox, size it up, and reexport it to a new file. Rename the file to a non-used number and put that as the body file for your Cap-sized Mass Driver.

JumperBR
x2

Post by JumperBR » Tue, 3. Apr 07, 05:11

Syklon, thx for your tip... it worked nice (a few tweaks are still necessary) :D

McItoshi... I used the X3 Editor to edit tlaser.pck and tbullets.pck
Actually, I replaced Ion Disruptor for Mass Driver Beta... its very simple to do...
Mai ingrish iz gud?

McItoshi
x4

Post by McItoshi » Tue, 3. Apr 07, 22:28

Ahhh I like the thinking, I had tried creating new entries and general pocking about in those files but never got it to work, I never thought to change one of the less used weapons.

I'll be sure to give it a try
Thanks!

KanineLupus
x2

Post by KanineLupus » Wed, 4. Apr 07, 05:47

JumperBR wrote:McItoshi... I used the X3 Editor to edit tlaser.pck and tbullets.pck
Actually, I replaced Ion Disruptor for Mass Driver Beta... its very simple to do...
Out of curiosity, why rather than ditching the IonD, didn't you replace one of the 'duplicate' entries for eother the Beta Kyon or Beta PBE, as those slots are essentially unused?

Craeshen
x4

Post by Craeshen » Thu, 5. Apr 07, 07:58

actually they are used in the plot it's just thats the only place you'll see those weapons.

Syklon
x3

Post by Syklon » Thu, 5. Apr 07, 08:11

Plot PBE is used in the City Chase mission (quick fix for the difficulty), the Plot Kyon is from X2 I believe, and therefore fine to overwrite.

KanineLupus
x2

Post by KanineLupus » Sun, 8. Apr 07, 18:27

Might be just worth keeping the 'difficult' one and over-writing the other ...it's not like the standard PBE is much use for anything other than swatting spaceflies

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”