Earth Sector

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Wonders

Earth Sector

Post by Wonders » Tue, 3. Apr 07, 09:18

Hello modders and scripters, I think you could make something that would be appreciated by some users.

How about creating an extension of the storyline and make it possible for some races to be friends of the terran? Then (and this is mainly what I wanted :D ) you could make a new sector for us, "Terrans".

I don't think there is really a sector for earth and the end of the plot is just a video, but anyway, I don't know how I managed to get to the gate on herectics end like 4 months ago, but when I get cross he gate I was flying in normal space, so it doesn't work...

I think that you... oh, mighty scripters :D can make a new sector with a shiny blue planet on it and some stations. And with the help of that sir that made the great DDRS station/ship mod (I started a new game to play with it, even knowing how to continue with old saves :) ) you could put a special shipyard on this sector that sold terran ships and random normal stations that can be bought in argon sectors.

I think that the only details I don't give ou is the extension of the storyline, but I only played X2 and X3, BTF and the other one (I think there was another one) I have never played, so I don't know much about the history of X-Universe, only basics.

Hoping you can attend to my post :wink:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 3. Apr 07, 13:24

theres already a few mods that add earth, including XFP, that adds various sectors like earth and mars

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Tue, 3. Apr 07, 13:34

you mean like this?
- x3_54.jpg
Roguey's Site: X3TC, X3AP, X3FL, X4.

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Tue, 3. Apr 07, 15:34

I play video games to stay away from Earth as much as possible. I don't need Earth in my video game :mrgreen:

JBL

Post by JBL » Tue, 3. Apr 07, 15:36

Flybye wrote:I play video games to stay away from Earth as much as possible. I don't need Earth in my video game :mrgreen:
But then you could take earth over and the solor system and fix all the problems we have :lol: :lol:
Windows XP/Vista (Dual Boot)
Pentium 4 3.6
Memory 4 GB
Video ATI X1600 512
Dual LG 22" Monitors
Saitek X52

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Tue, 3. Apr 07, 15:47

Not worth my resources ;)

Star_Raider15
x3

Post by Star_Raider15 » Tue, 3. Apr 07, 15:55

Flybye wrote:Not worth my resources ;)
*tosses a dolar*
i just double ur resources :lol:
The answer is just another question.

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Tue, 3. Apr 07, 17:40

XTended's gonna have the Terran sectors as well... Earth, Mars, the Kuiper Belt, etc. :D

@Flybye- wow, now you're really rolling in cash. :P
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Tue, 3. Apr 07, 22:04

:lol:
Yeah it's about time I finally start seeing some type of return from all the time I spend with X3 :mrgreen:

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Wed, 4. Apr 07, 04:36

Also, as Cycrow mentioned, the XFP mod has Earth along with the other major planets. In fact, XFP has had Earth since original release. :D

[ external image ]

Wonders

Post by Wonders » Wed, 4. Apr 07, 08:57

Observe wrote:Also, as Cycrow mentioned, the XFP mod has Earth along with the other major planets. In fact, XFP has had Earth since original release. :D
So.......
Is it available for us? For download?

A Team
x3

Post by A Team » Wed, 4. Apr 07, 17:31

The XFP mod is available for download from here but it is Not Bala Gi compatible. The Bala Gi compatible version will be released mid-end of April.

Wonders

Post by Wonders » Wed, 4. Apr 07, 21:50

OK
So I installed it and now I am playing with normal game, I just had to start a new one, and yup, this is great, but I am just in the begining and the only difference I have noted are truster efects and some new interesting BBSs.

So you are saying that it is not compatible with Bala Gi's missions, but it will be,... when it is possible, will the new version be compatible with ond saves? I mean will it be compatible with my save? This one I started with this mod?

Thanks

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Wed, 4. Apr 07, 21:54

Wonders wrote:So you are saying that it is not compatible with Bala Gi's missions, but it will be,... when it is possible, will the new version be compatible with ond saves? I mean will it be compatible with my save?
New Bali Gi compatible XFP official release date announcement is imminent. Existing save games won't work with the new release. The new XFP is vastly superior in so many ways that you may want to wait if save game is critical.

Wonders

Post by Wonders » Thu, 5. Apr 07, 22:10

can I still get the HQ and the hyperion? I don't care so much about the hyperion since now all races have the M7s but he HQ is something important,... or maybe some kind of "Super Station" we could have similar to the HQ, do we have something like this? Thanks

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Thu, 5. Apr 07, 22:18

Wonders wrote:can I still get the HQ and the hyperion? I don't care so much about the hyperion since now all races have the M7s but he HQ is something important,... or maybe some kind of "Super Station" we could have similar to the HQ, do we have something like this? Thanks
Yes, XFP permits the new Bali Gi HQ, Hyperion, and all other aspects of the standard game. Nothing has been compromised - just enhanced :)

Wonders

Post by Wonders » Tue, 10. Apr 07, 21:50

Roguey wrote:you mean like this?
- x3_54.jpg
Roguey I downloaded your mod and installed it. It is a good job, I like the new graphic interface, not to mension the ships :)

Now... is it possible to merge it with the XFP?
Thanks

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Tue, 10. Apr 07, 23:28

Asking Rougey if his mod works with another mod is like asking George Bush to stop Global Warming :mrgreen:

Wonders

Post by Wonders » Wed, 11. Apr 07, 00:48

lol I like this forum because of your jokes people xD. not kidding you are all funny, mostly when talkning about space fuel and UFOs and goners, that's nice.

But why do you say that? I think that the main thing that we could think about is making possible for us to customize our own mods easily using a program that merged many things of different mods, anyway, if that exists let me know.

Going to sleep now, the earster holydays are not easter, are easter(y).
I can also make some jokes can't I.

[EDIT] Are Xperimental Fusion Project and Xtended Mod the same thing? I am a little confused about that (Now I can sleep, bye bye)

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Wed, 11. Apr 07, 02:15

Wonders wrote:lAre Xperimental Fusion Project and Xtended Mod the same thing? I am a little confused about that (Now I can sleep, bye bye)
no, they are different.

I cant see any 'big' mod being combined with another. In all honestly I think its best if they aren't. Each mod offer its own angle/view, you can pick which you like. I wouldn't say one mod was better than another either, as they offer different things - different goals. That's really what 'life' is like, we have choice. If one company (in life) owned all (some seam to be like that now-days) where would the choice be?

pick a mod, and play. Don't think one is lesser because they offer different things.

I have spent a lot of time working on it, I knew my goal and stuck to it. Combing with another mod which has a different goal would feel change the whole goal of the mod.
Roguey's Site: X3TC, X3AP, X3FL, X4.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”