[S][03.06.08][1.2] Fight Command Software MK3

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

X-Freak Cartman
x3

[S][03.06.08][1.2] Fight Command Software MK3

Post by X-Freak Cartman » Sun, 8. Apr 07, 17:03

German Topic
Russian Topic

Fight Command Software MK3 - Because wingmen are stupid

Description

Combat ships which have been equipped with the Fight Command Software MK3 will use new combat maneuvres which makes the ship fight more effectively in combat situations. This includes complex defensive maneuvres, an improved laser energy management, optimised missile management and much more.

Especially in fleets, the fight command software will show its full potential: while a single ship won't be much better, a fleet of 5 ships will be able to defeat the Xenon thread once and for all.

Wannahave! - How does it work?

After the installation, the upgrade can be found in Split equipment docks and pirate bases.

Ships which have the software installed and can use it, will have a red "Combat"-Submenu in the command console.

Additional

Since 1.2, the Fight Command Software MK3 is available in two versions:
- FCS MK3 with GAIUS
- FCS MK3 Light, without GAIUS, as GAIUS can cause lots of errors...

<=>

Subaluigi once made a video showing the improvements of the Fight Command Software 1.15, and since then, it has even improved. You can download the video >>here<<.
The software is used in some other of his videos as well, so feel free to visit his Videothread

Thanks for the videos, subaluigi.

<=>

I won't create a PluginManager version of my software, but you can feel free to create one. Just make sure that the uninstallation is possible.

<=>

Read the Readme!
The installation is complex, and the uninstallation is even more complex.
This script effects the X-Universe in a way that can cause heavy problems if installed or uninstalled incorrectly.

Update

Update to 1.16 or higher from 1.15 or lower
If you've got GAIUS 0.11a or the Fight Command Software MK3 1.0 to 1.15 installed, you have to perform a special update. Uninstalling the old version isn't possible, so you have to perform the update first and uninstall the new version afterwards.
I suggest installing the latest version on top after updating.
If you've got an old version and wich to install the Light-version of the FCS MK3, you'll have to update to the FCS MK3 GAIUS-Version, uninstall GAIUS then and install the Light-version afterwards.

Update-Package
Mirror 1 by Blacky_BPG
Mirror 2 by Mixel
Mirror 3 by -Ford-

Download

Fight Command Software MK3 with GAIUS
[ external image ]
Fight Command Software MK3 1.2
Mirror 1 by Blacky_BPG
Mirror 2 by Mixel
Mirror 3 by -Ford-

Fight Command Software MK3 Light without GAIUS
[ external image ]
Fight Command Software MK3 1.2
Mirror 1 by Blacky_BPG
Mirror 2 by Mixel
Mirror 3 by -Ford-

Enjoy the combat
- EL

Keywords: Fight Command Software MK3, improved AI, Combat behaviour, Wingmen, Support, stupid
Last edited by X-Freak Cartman on Tue, 3. Jun 08, 16:12, edited 30 times in total.

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sun, 8. Apr 07, 17:14

nice one ;)

how about wareslots used?

X-Freak Cartman
x3

Post by X-Freak Cartman » Sun, 8. Apr 07, 17:24

I use the one-million-slot. In the german forum, it's registered, but i'll have to do this here, too...

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Sun, 8. Apr 07, 17:31

great will try this out. always looking for better ai.
System spec: Pentium (R) D 2.66 Ghz, Ram : 2048 DDR, HD : 250 GIG 7200 RPM intern 8 MB cash
Videocard : Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb : Realtek
Laptop : AMD athlon 64 3200 + 1024 DDR 80 gig HD Conexant AMC Audio, Ati mobility Radeon Express 200

Jimmy Jazz
x3

Post by Jimmy Jazz » Mon, 9. Apr 07, 12:43

@X-Freak Cartman: Does your script have an impact on performance?
Pinky : "Gee, Brain what do you want to do tonight?"
Brain : "The same thing we do every night Pinky. Try to take over the world!"

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Mon, 9. Apr 07, 13:47

readme wrote:WARNING
This script requires a lot of performance! You should never try using more than 3,000 fcs mk3 fight ships at the same time OOS. IS, there'll be the usual performance probs.
First read, then post :!:

:)

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Mon, 9. Apr 07, 21:08

SymTec ltd. wrote:
readme wrote:WARNING
This script requires a lot of performance! You should never try using more than 3,000 fcs mk3 fight ships at the same time OOS. IS, there'll be the usual performance probs.
First read, then post :!:

:)
Sounds like the 3.000 is an irony, how the heck can you get 3000 ships using it? :D

very interesting script, downloading.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Mon, 9. Apr 07, 21:27

mass production of m5 fighter craft.

especally the khaak ones... they are cheap.

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Mon, 9. Apr 07, 22:24

If you are a scripter and during a betatest trying to find out how many instances of your project you can run, it should be the least of problems to get 3.000 ships... I bet X-Freak did not spend a single credit on ships or equipment for at least 90% of those ships^^

Well, back to topic, guys... :D

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Wed, 11. Apr 07, 05:40

Any chance of getting a Cycrow spk file on this? It's a far easier way of managing these scripts, especially when you're running forty or fifty of them...

Thanks!

X-Freak Cartman
x3

Post by X-Freak Cartman » Sat, 14. Apr 07, 20:37

As I wrote (at least i think i wrote it) I'm overwriting original files with my ones to make the FCS MK3 compatible with every other fight management script.

I don't know if the ScriptInstaller renames or overwrites files wich exists twice... I'll have to try it out.

btw: I'll start writing a complete readme immediately. The current one is pretty ... holey...

<Edit>
SymTec ltd. wrote:I bet X-Freak did not spend a single credit on ships or equipment for at least 90% of those ships
For the script tests, i gave every fight ship in the universe the software and the command to hold their current position. That was the only test i had to cheat the software into a cargo bay for.
Every other test at the software was done at my fleet in which every single ship has a FCS MK3 which i bought legally and without cheating. ;)

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Sun, 15. Apr 07, 21:15

This looks excellent, trying it out now. Already found a problem though:

Ship #1: Hyperion - 2 docking bays
Ship #2: LX
Ship #3: Medusa

All three have Fight Command Software MK 3. I first set as homebase the Hyperion for both fighters. I then ordered them to Protect the Hyperion. They both docked at the Hyperion, just as you said they would. I then spawned a Xenon P for testing. They launched themselves and attacked (and destroyed) the Xenon P, but after the fight was over, only the LX re-docked at the Hyperion. The Medusa flew up behind the Hyperion and turned off his engines and sat there. I ran SETA x10 for about 3-4 minutes, and he didn't re-dock. The only thing I can make a guess at is that perhaps they both tried to dock at the same time, and at the same docking bay, which "confused" the Medusa once the bay was made unavailable by the LX landing there (just a guess).

Interestingly, I then gave the Hyperion the order "Defend Position", and he waited for the Medusa to re-dock (which it now did), before moving to the designated position.

-G

P.S. I also think that:

Fight Command Software MK 1: 2,416 cr
Fight Command Software MK 2: 3,508 cr
Fight Command Software MK 3: 1,002,676 cr

Compared to the other two, a million+ credits is a bit much for this.

X-Freak Cartman
x3

Post by X-Freak Cartman » Sun, 15. Apr 07, 21:58

I know this problem... If you fly a few meters backwards, the ship docks. I'm already working on it.

And imho the prices are ok. The tests showed, that the new AI fights at least twice as good as the old one by Egosoft (IS). You could buy 2 M3s or 1 M3 with this software ;)

Well, another problem is that there were only two free wares when I started scripting:
One for 400 Credits and the one for 1 Million... According to the strenght of the Software, i chose the second one. I want to let the player choose if he really needs this software.
As i wrote, the scripts have a bad influence on the performance so having too many of them running at once could crash your system. The high price is to prevent this ;)

Actually, I'd like a ware that costs 150.000, which is, i think, a good price, but there was no one ^^

DangerDave

Post by DangerDave » Sun, 15. Apr 07, 22:22

The docking thing I've experienced with stock game, you end up with a queue of dumb ships waiting to dock. Then, if you order the carrier to move somewhere, suddenly the queued ships move and start to dock. Stock egosoft bug IMO.
Dave.

DangerDave

Post by DangerDave » Sun, 15. Apr 07, 22:56

Also, it would be cool if another version was available that would replace the stock MK2 AI with this one. You could overcome the slowdown by having different behaviour for IS and OOS, like in the stock scripts (i.e. by checking 'if get SectorObject ID ...'). Just a thought.
Dave.

X-Freak Cartman
x3

Post by X-Freak Cartman » Mon, 16. Apr 07, 15:20

The performance is already improved by checking whether the ship is IS. The problem is the complexity of the task script. It's managing the enemy targeting behaviour.
The targeting routines are just too complex to be started 6.000 times ;)

I'm still working on it.

btw: The landing AI is also a product of mine. I'm looking for the problem since it first appeared... there must be some problem with the follow distance...

subaluigi
x3tc

Post by subaluigi » Tue, 17. Apr 07, 03:41

Salut à tous, salut X-Freak Cartman [KBG], :)

Well, I've installed your script last weekend and what shall I say?! :o 8) WOW! I love it! Had a fight with my paranid M4 vs 5 scripted Xenon LX. Nice to look at, how the ship reacts, how it evades, and it survived! (okay, the Xenon, too, but they fought over 40 minutes agains me, till i decided to move further). Great work and really a joy! :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up:
I have to say that the price is high, but still okay. For me, it is now a "must have" script. Can't wait to see it in action when the XTM .7 comes out :twisted: :D

Is it possible to have such a software for frighters, too? (I remember, u wrote that it is only for figthers) I'm not speaking about a fighting software but a software, which allowes to let the frighter evade quickly, too? Lets say a 'frighter evade-software mk1'? There is always the problem, that they get shot down till I can do anything against it. Would be great.

Thank you for an answer :)
Merci! Merci beaucoup, et à bientôt,

Louis
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨***modified***
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨and proud of it!!
'Cause X without scripts is like girls without tits...

another new video of the: >>Terran Conflict<<

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Tue, 17. Apr 07, 09:23

Just wanted to make sure I understand this, as I'm looking forward to using this script.

If I install this, does it override the other usual fight command software at all? I have over five hundred fighters in various task forces, that I will NOT use this Mk III software for. I was only going to use this new stuff on my own personal wingmen.

Any potential problems? Thanks!

X-Freak Cartman
x3

Post by X-Freak Cartman » Tue, 17. Apr 07, 17:42

@ russbo

If the Software is not installed in a ship, this ship will use the old commands.

The FCS MK3 doesn't remove or overwrite any script command, it just overwrites the scripts to differ the FCS MK3 from the normal AI. The only change at the old commands is that the player can choose in which sector the ship should kill enemies, but that doesn't influence the command itself, so your running ships will fight as they did before. I didn't have any problem with my ships during the script tests. ;)

Any software is nothing than a ware that is needed to start a script, and I use a formerly empty software ;) The only problem is the incompatibility with the missile bay extension.

@ subaluigi

Great that you enjoyed it.
The LX are a problem for the software because they're firing almost all the time in every direction. I don't have the chance to check where the turrets fire at... the only way is to evade until the laser LX's energy is too low to shoot.

Before you can use it completely with XTM, I have to change a XTM Extension, so the ships won't dodge the new lasers, because there's a new 1-shot-1-hit laser ^^

I'll have to ask the XTM Team when the mod is ready for release ^^

The Freighter Evade Software is impossible without cheating. Freighters are just too slow for dodging any laser including the PPC type. I'd have to cheat some extensions to the freighter, but i just don't cheat in my projects.
You could use a fighter to protect the ship or a jumpdrive so the ship jumps to safety. That's what i'll do in GIAUS.

Safe your profitsss...
- EL

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Wed, 18. Apr 07, 01:48

Had another problem with this software. Have it installed on an LX and a P. Gave the P the command to patrol several sectors. Made the P the LX's homebase and ordered it to "Protect P". There were no enemies, so it docked at the P while on patrol. The P was then attacked by about 6 Kha'ak, and the LX just stayed docked, even though on my Property window the command in effect was "attack target of P".

Also, I noticed this with the old software as well as the new, when I give the order "protect", it changes by itself to "attack target of..".

I had to re-issue the order to the LX to protect the P, then he jumped out of docking and attacked.

-G

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”