Can you enable more that one 'MOD PACKAGE'

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

sparkywizard
x2

Can you enable more that one 'MOD PACKAGE'

Post by sparkywizard » Sat, 14. Apr 07, 20:41

As the title says.... I wanna use the new Cockpits with the X3 2007 re-released game 2.02 and use the DDRS ship pack and/or ROUGEY's Mod.

How can I select more than one MOD?

As far as I can see being able to use one mod only is a bit limiting....

Thanks in advance.... :)

Ben2006
x3

Re: Can you enable more that one 'MOD PACKAGE'

Post by Ben2006 » Sat, 14. Apr 07, 21:11

sparkywizard wrote:As the title says.... I wanna use the new Cockpits with the X3 2007 re-released game 2.02 and use the DDRS ship pack and/or ROUGEY's Mod.

How can I select more than one MOD?

As far as I can see being able to use one mod only is a bit limiting....

Thanks in advance.... :)
No you cannot select more than one MOD. But, if you are so inclined you could "False Patch" 2 or more together. Caution, if you are inexperienced with doing that, might be good idea not to. Here is a link to a topic in the Help / Tutorial sticky that covers this in detail.

How to Combine Mods

sparkywizard
x2

Post by sparkywizard » Sat, 14. Apr 07, 21:30

Many thanks... I will try it anyways since I am gonna start from the beginning and have a fresh install.

Heretic666
x3tc

Post by Heretic666 » Sat, 14. Apr 07, 21:33

Look in your X3 directory, you'll see a bunch of .cat and .dat files with filenames like 01.cat, 02.cat etc.

Take your X3 cockpits mod and rename the .cat and .dat files to the highest number +1 (in a game with the patches up to 2.0.02 there will be up to 09.cat/.dat, so you would rename the files to 10.cat/.dat) then place them in the main directory along with the other numbered files.

This is called a 'false patch', and should allow you to run the two mods together ;)

danielhumphries50
x3

Post by danielhumphries50 » Sat, 14. Apr 07, 21:58

can you do this with every mod because i want to put xtended when it comes out and have the ship creator on aswell or for that matter can i false patch the ship creator
damn that post was as good as that girl last night god she can move her body shame is she was a twisted lady ouch :->

very funny vid

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 14. Apr 07, 22:28

no you can do that with every mod and if u did u'll end up with a really messed up mod.

you can only do it as long as the mods dont alter the same files as any others

ie, if u have a mod that adds ships, you cant run another mod that add ships as they both edit the TShips file.

also, i wouldn't advice using the Ship Creator as a fake patch.

danielhumphries50
x3

Post by danielhumphries50 » Sat, 14. Apr 07, 22:45

oh thats a shame i was looking forward to having all my ships from tension with xtension when it comes out but your not saying it's impossible but could you have the ship creator as a false patch
damn that post was as good as that girl last night god she can move her body shame is she was a twisted lady ouch :->

very funny vid

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sat, 14. Apr 07, 22:48

If you want to have more than one ship-changing mod in your game, then you will have to merge the mods.

Everything else will not work.

Merging mods is something you need to know a bit more about modding for, try to read the stickies for tutorials on this topic.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 14. Apr 07, 23:45

danielhumphries50 wrote:oh thats a shame i was looking forward to having all my ships from tension with xtension when it comes out but your not saying it's impossible but could you have the ship creator as a false patch
technically u can run is as af ake patch, however, if u have any other ship mod running like Xtended, DDRS, etc

then it wont work

danielhumphries50
x3

Post by danielhumphries50 » Sun, 15. Apr 07, 09:54

of thats a shame of well guess i will have to go without

very funny vid

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Sun, 15. Apr 07, 10:53

Mixing BIG mods = LOL

Wine can taste good with a great meal, but not if you pour 2 gallons of wine into a large container and throw your food into it.

But....if all you want are the ships in a specific mod, you can easily use Cyrcow's Ship Creator to extract the ship info, create your own .xsp ship file, then reimport it into your own game using the Ship Installer.

danielhumphries50
x3

Post by danielhumphries50 » Sun, 15. Apr 07, 12:20

well what i really wanted was the xtended mod with the ship creator as a flase patch so i can have all my ships and the xtended mod with all the bonuses

very funny vid

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 15. Apr 07, 18:15

that wouldn't work, the xtended TShips will over right the Ship Creators TShips causing it to ignore any ships added by the ship creator.

however, it does work the other way round

if u use Xtended as a fake patch and then run the ship creator mod, u should have both.

as long as you run the Ship Installer after making Xtended a fake patch, because the program is capable of detecting the TShips from the fake patch Xtended mod and merging the ships on top

danielhumphries50
x3

Post by danielhumphries50 » Sun, 15. Apr 07, 18:25

oh why didn't you say that in the first plase it would have saved a lot of time oh well at least i get my wish

very funny vid

Heretic666
x3tc

Post by Heretic666 » Mon, 16. Apr 07, 16:32

@ Cycrow;

Along the same lines, I wanted to play Roguey's mod along with Ashley's XXL fabs, if I made roguey's a false mod (since it modifies only a few lines in the Tfactories) then put Ashley's in the mod folder would that work?

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Mon, 16. Apr 07, 18:32

Heretic666 wrote:@ Cycrow;

Along the same lines, I wanted to play Roguey's mod along with Ashley's XXL fabs, if I made roguey's a false mod (since it modifies only a few lines in the Tfactories) then put Ashley's in the mod folder would that work?
It does for me :)

But.....there is a trick.

Make sure Roguey's mod is installed before Ashely's.

i.e. Make Roguey's 10.cat and Ashley's 11.cat. This will leave your mod folder empty for Cycrow's Ship Installer being that Cycrow's Ship Installer is the only picky girl of the bunch that doesn't like to be a false patch :p At least for me she doesn't. I have tried to make the Ship Installer a false patch and it crashes my game.

Heretic666
x3tc

Post by Heretic666 » Mon, 16. Apr 07, 20:06

cool thanks :D

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Mon, 16. Apr 07, 21:47

There is a tfactories in my mod - this is for the Terran stations. So your probably end up replacing them, unless you add onto my tfactories file.
Roguey's Site: X3TC, X3AP, X3FL, X4.

Heretic666
x3tc

Post by Heretic666 » Mon, 16. Apr 07, 22:14

Yeah thing is I'm not too good at that, if I took the Tfactories file from your mod, copied the 4 or so factories from the bottom of it into thebottom of the Tfactories from Ashlies mod, would that work?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 16. Apr 07, 22:33

u will obviously lose any of the modded stations in rougeys mod, but u should still get the ships and everything else working.

if the mod doesn't really rely on those changes, it should work fine

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”