A Starburst question...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

NavyAICS
x3tc

A Starburst question...

Post by NavyAICS » Sun, 15. Apr 07, 03:14

I truly apologies now if this has been answered before but I ran a search and I couldn't find the answer because of the million hits I got. To top it off, I couldn't figure out how to narrow the search.

Anyway, here's my situation/question - I found a starburst vessel (in fact, I found a bunch of them) the problem I'm having is my game is showing them as having a pilot but with 0 speed (it just sits there). Because of this, I can't claim it. I tried using the "salvage claim software" and took a space walk and still couldn't claim it.

What's the trick? Am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
-NavyAICS.
TRAMPLE THE WEAK, HURDLE THE DEAD!

berth
x4

Post by berth » Sun, 15. Apr 07, 03:31

These ships are plot related and unclaimable.
Spoiler
Show
I assume you found them in Freedom's Reach? In the plot, you have to do a race here.
but
Spoiler
Show
Post 2.0.02 you'll find a claimable Starburst not too far from the North gate, can't remember where exactly.

NavyAICS
x3tc

Post by NavyAICS » Sun, 15. Apr 07, 03:34

Actually, I found them in quite a few places. There isn't one in the place you mentioned. I used ScorpBy's map to locate them. I guess I'll have to fly to each and every one of them and try to claim them. I'll get one eventually. Thanks for the help.
-NavyAICS.

berth
x4

Post by berth » Sun, 15. Apr 07, 03:40

Are you running any scripts/mods? I'm pretty sure the Starburst is a one-off in the vanilla game.

Akula87

Post by Akula87 » Sun, 15. Apr 07, 03:42

It's right above the north gate a few tens of klicks away... once you find one press "i" and look for the one with no pilot. If there is a pilot don't even bother getting out trying to claim it.

NavyAICS
x3tc

Post by NavyAICS » Sun, 15. Apr 07, 03:48

My game is not "vanilla". I've got all of Cycrow's scripts running. That's probably why I see so many of them. They're scattered over the universe but like I said, they all have pilots just sitting there with 0 speed. I haven't found any in FR but will take another look.

I will get my hands on one of those starbursts or blow them all up trying. Either way I have fun! Thanks again.
-NavyAICS.

davebispham
x3

Post by davebispham » Sun, 15. Apr 07, 05:20

dont waste your time there`s only one claimable sstarburst and the rest are probably a result of running scripts which is why i dont use them. they ruin the game

NavyAICS
x3tc

Post by NavyAICS » Sun, 15. Apr 07, 05:23

davebispham wrote:dont waste your time there`s only one claimable sstarburst and the rest are probably a result of running scripts which is why i dont use them. they ruin the game
Why do you say that? If you want to join the "racer's guild", the Starburst would absolutely come in handy.
-NavyAICS.

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Sun, 15. Apr 07, 05:37

The ships that have a pilot but no destination, or unknown pilot, are a minor bug, I think. They don't cause any other problems.

There is probably a command procedure in the game that drops out when it should keep running, leaving the NPC ship dead. But it doesn't happen very often, in most games. :)
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

davebispham
x3

Post by davebispham » Sun, 15. Apr 07, 05:48

NavyAICS wrote:
davebispham wrote:dont waste your time there`s only one claimable sstarburst and the rest are probably a result of running scripts which is why i dont use them. they ruin the game
Why do you say that? If you want to join the "racer's guild", the Starburst would absolutely come in handy.
-NavyAICS.
im sure it would but like i said theres only one you can claim and someone already told you where it is . and as for "the racers guild" sounds like a script that causes all sorts of problems... like unclaimable starbursts all over the universe :roll:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 15. Apr 07, 18:56

actually that problem can also happen when running no scripts at all.

many ppl have experienced it, mercurys seem to happen quite often.

as for the racers guild, perhaps it will be better to know the facts about it first, if u've never used it, then how can u possibly know its full of problems ?

TheRelic
x3

Post by TheRelic » Mon, 16. Apr 07, 05:03

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't I claim a derelict Starburst in;
Spoiler
Show

The second unknown sector off of Maelstrom during the Bala Gi missions where I claimed the M7?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 16. Apr 07, 07:58

No, you didn't--you claimed an Arrow there.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 16. Apr 07, 12:02

Cycrow wrote:many ppl have experienced it, mercurys seem to happen quite often.
And some fighters, which probably were casted as crowd into the plot scenes, and never told to go home. :wink:

German scripters have collected some scripts into package they call X3plus. Similar "noconflicts" rules and installer as in Bonuspack, but naturally not signed. They include couple overwrites of stock scripts. One of them should kick these forgotten NPC back alive.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”