X2 Gunnery crews

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Jmanowell

X2 Gunnery crews

Post by Jmanowell » Wed, 25. Apr 07, 05:11

ok, wats the point of gunnery crews??
and also, wat does the missle defense and missle assault do ?? PLZ HELP ive searched alot of places and cant find anything... probably blind >.<
I see your Schwartz is as BIG as Mine!

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Wed, 25. Apr 07, 06:54

There should be a lot in the X2 scripts and modding forum. Also the readme for the X2 bonus script pack, in the "Start/All Programs/.../ X2 bonus package" menu.

The gunnery crews added better handling of the gun turrets in battle. You have to find them at trading docks or equipment docks, and they disappear fast. Follow a crew transport and dock ahead of it, and then buy fast.

You don't need the "AEGIS" commands to run guncrews, it adds extra stuff for big ships.

You need more than one guncrew per turret, and bigger ships need more. It also works better if you have different guns that can be mounted in the turret. Guncrews cost a salery, every once in a while.

Missile defense fires mosquito missiles at incoming enemy missiles.

Missile assault fires a lot of missiles at an enemy target. It is something to see, when the wingmen are in it too. Although the last two might be another script. :)
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

teladianium
x3

Post by teladianium » Wed, 25. Apr 07, 08:59

WRT to gunnery and Aegis I wrote up some notes for the facts-X2 forum a while back, here's a link

http://www.facts-games.net/Board/index. ... topic=1108

if you search the X2 forum there for "gunnery" you will get a lot of hits.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 25. Apr 07, 13:51

or:

instead of chasing the transports yourself. add the buyraregoods script to your collection. then simply pick one of your transports, tell it to buy Military Personnel, and how many. then wait till it brings them back to its home base. hehehe

well. it saves me having to do it :D
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”