Location of free Starburst and other added goodies

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mcsquared
x3tc

Location of free Starburst and other added goodies

Post by mcsquared » Wed, 25. Apr 07, 20:31

About a year ago, I read a post where the location of the free Starburst, Concussion Impulse Generators, etc. was listed as a SPOILER. Does anyone know where the post of this SPOILER is? I'm replaying the game and really don't what to spend a great deal of time exploring.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Wed, 25. Apr 07, 20:34

I would suggest that you check the stickys in the forum that you should have posted this in.

However, there is a cool little tool i like to call "x3 map by Scorp" this lets me see EVERYTHING. You download it, run the command, and then load up the map (out of game) Then you get the locations by pressing the "free ships" button. It shows them all, and with a little 3d map.

Also, the starburst is north of the gate in that one system south of danna's chance (i think)

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Wed, 25. Apr 07, 20:46

The Starburst is in:
Spoiler
Show
Freedom's Reach
Just enter the system and fly up, you wont miss it :wink:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Wed, 25. Apr 07, 20:55

See the X3 ultimate resource list sticky at the top of the forum. Under maps there are some guides to finding it all.

M

mcsquared
x3tc

Post by mcsquared » Thu, 26. Apr 07, 00:45

Thanks for your help folks!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 26. Apr 07, 04:18

The X3 Handbook, has the complete list.

BrigandPhantos
x2

Post by BrigandPhantos » Thu, 26. Apr 07, 04:48

To be honest, someone said this only appears after a certain length of game time, and that it wasn't present at the start. If this is the case,
Spoiler
Show
it won't be there until after I would guess, you fly the race story quest, as this is the ship your actually piloting in it.
Only a thought.

Incidently,
Spoiler
Show
The Arrow is located; in the southeast corner of the second unkown sector through the west gate of maelstrom. It has a top speed even higher at 1300. The other is about 1000. I think it only becomes available at the end of the Bala Gi missions. It's right next to the yahct. By the way, anyone notice the piloted blue ships next to it? Do you think it'd result in a race hit if you blew them up before they became hostile.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!

May profitsssss go with you!!

Visit me on myspace!

mcsquared
x3tc

Post by mcsquared » Thu, 26. Apr 07, 07:50

No, you don't get a race hit for blowing up the "pirates to be." I've done the Bala Gi missions three times and in the last two I took out the "pirates" BEFORE they became hostile. All you need to do is scan all the ships; the three ships with people in them are the bad guys!

ScorpBY

Post by ScorpBY » Thu, 26. Apr 07, 09:00

Lancefighter wrote:It shows them all, and with a little 3d map.
You can make it bigger :) And zoom with the mouse wheel.

BrigandPhantos
x2

Post by BrigandPhantos » Sat, 28. Apr 07, 05:59

Don't need to scan them really, they are the only ones with shields on their ships.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!

May profitsssss go with you!!

Visit me on myspace!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”