Has anyone gotten ANY kha'ak that was part of a cluster to bail.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Psirus
xr

Has anyone gotten ANY kha'ak that was part of a cluster to bail.

Post by Psirus » Sun, 6. May 07, 11:43

I already own 2 M4's and in previous games I've gotten the lone scouts to bail, but right now as I'm clearing the universe of stray clusters I've noticed that nothing which spawns from a cluster seems to bail. Anyone else had different luck?

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 6. May 07, 11:45

Any ship that is not a "big ship" has a chance to bail.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Sun, 6. May 07, 12:12

Not too difficult stopping firing before the suddenly blue ship goes boom that is the difficult bit! As mentioned it is random. In X2 used to have some success hosing them with APSG's.

Can't be bothered trying to capture them in X3 IMO not worth the hassle. I think the Kyons are boring weapons and the lack of a rear turret in the KM3 plus the sheer difficulty of securing BKyons puts me off. Besides the Khaak no longer have the edge they had in X2. Even their weapons used to be worth more credits, guess they have become old tech already!

Look here Sir, flirtive look, I see you have one of them their Km5's. How about a nice Alpha kyon emitter only one previous owner - deceased poor chap - going for a song.
Beyond 'X' Far future (Fanfic): BkI BkII BkIII

Never more than 98.8 percent sure about anything.
98.8 percent sure that anyone who is 100 percent certain needs re-educating for the sake of humanity.

Psirus
xr

Post by Psirus » Sun, 6. May 07, 14:15

I've destroyed dozens of cluster KM3's atm and hundreds upon hundreds of KM5's with BPBE, which means I annihilate their shields in .5 sec on a KM5 and manage to stop firing before they are at 50% with no caps, and the KM#'s shield goes down in about 2.5 seconds to about 80% hull, no caps. I've even tried reloading on clusters. This think the cluster spawns may be uncapturable based on empirical evidence, kind of like fighters from assassination missons

TBV
x3tc

Post by TBV » Sun, 6. May 07, 14:47

The only Khaak ships I have been able to cap, are either in their
home sectors, or as part of an invasion force.

I currently have 1 KM3 fully loaded and 1 KM5, also fully loaded.
Capturing ships in Khaak sectors is not that easy, and I had to
cap 3 of them before I had all the BKyons I needed. That took a while.

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Sun, 6. May 07, 15:47

Nope. Not yet. I have a stock of assorted Kyons, but nothing to put them in. :rant:

I used to just destroy clusters with Hammerheads, but now I deliberately, casually, just stroll up to them and give them a punch in the face with a little harmless missile, to see what they will do. This way I get to individually engage with every single ship in the cluster, with over 1500 scout kills, 200 fighers, some Capital ships, and not one capture, even by fluke.

Xenon L's and M's by comparison have been so plentiful, I stopped collecting them after having filled 3 Collosus' and 5 elephants - now I just sell them (I like to hoard).

I will soon get to the next level above Crusader, and above Argon Protector of the Federation, so it may make a difference? Rank may have something to do with it.
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

Khaak_Hammer
x2

Post by Khaak_Hammer » Sun, 6. May 07, 15:54

Khaak M2's can be captured, you just need to download all the editors and hack into the base files.

On the other hand you might as well just script one in.

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Sun, 6. May 07, 16:22

The only one I have managed to get to bail have been in their home sectors. . . and then umm extraction can be very difficult!

I'm sure any KM3-5 can be captured and the reason for the above observation has more to do with the sheer number your firing at when in a Kaa'ak sector!
Paranoid66 wrote:Can't be bothered trying to capture them in X3 IMO not worth the hassle. I think the Kyons are boring weapons and the lack of a rear turret in the KM3 plus the sheer difficulty of securing BKyons puts me off.
I beg to differ, KM3's make awesome OOS defense ships once you can start producing them at the PHQ due to the power of their weapons. Just one will routinely take down pirate patrols of 2xM3 + Misc M4's and M5's. . . . I use squadrons of 3. . . tough as nails.

In sector they are by far the best ships in AI hands due to their nice instant hit weapons, so the the silly AI will never miss (like it often does with standard weapons)

Their weakness as a personal ship is the lack of a rear turret but I find this adds a bit of a challenge which can be nice sometimes.

BKyons are pretty easy to obtain. . . . jump to Kha'ak sector, blow up some cap ships. . . they can often drop in the region of 20 BKyons so enough for 6 fighters. . (Go after the Carriers. . . more liklely to drop the Betas, if you kill destroyers they usally drop Gammas).
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Sun, 6. May 07, 21:32

Paranoid66 wrote:Can't be bothered trying to capture them in X3 IMO not worth the hassle. I think the Kyons are boring weapons and the lack of a rear turret in the KM3 plus the sheer difficulty of securing BKyons puts me off.
I beg to differ, KM3's make awesome OOS defense ships once you can start producing them at the PHQ due to the power of their weapons. Just one will routinely take down pirate patrols of 2xM3 + Misc M4's and M5's. . . . I use squadrons of 3. . . tough as nails.

In sector they are by far the best ships in AI hands due to their nice instant hit weapons, so the the silly AI will never miss (like it often does with standard weapons)
Not retaining a traditional empire I'm not using OOS defenders at the moment. As to collecting them Bkyons in Khaak sectors innovative but risky. Imagine 3 fully kitted KM3's would be pretty mean so long as they manage to keep missiles at bay and don't get splurged with PSG's etc.

Still it is a question of taste. I never even really liked them that much as player ships in X2. I don't know they are just sort of outside the normal parameters with their as you said instant hit weapons. They look odd their weapon is odd. Being called Khaak they probably even smell odd I prefer them as targets not helpers, guess I am just prejudiced on this one. :P
Beyond 'X' Far future (Fanfic): BkI BkII BkIII

Never more than 98.8 percent sure about anything.
98.8 percent sure that anyone who is 100 percent certain needs re-educating for the sake of humanity.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”